F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Gthaus exhaust
GetBMWParts

03-09-2013, 07:38 PM   #1
jzheng02
Rep
Drives: bmw 335ix

Gthaus exhaust

Hey everyone, I was thinking about getting the gthaus gtc exhaust and was wondering if anyone has any drive by or in cabin videos of the exhaust. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 11:30 AM   #2
BMWBUSINESS007
F30 335 OWNER
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i xDRIVE Sedan

It's a nice sounding exhaust but 2-3k. Lot of money
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
ejholt
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: SRT Viper / M3 / X6M / Raptor

I'm looking at the same exhaust, but with quad pipes. I've seen a couple of videos on YouTube. Just search for it.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 10:34 PM   #4
RollingLower42
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335I

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzheng02 View Post
Hey everyone, I was thinking about getting the gthaus gtc exhaust and was wondering if anyone has any drive by or in cabin videos of the exhaust. Thanks!
I got it. It's pretty damn loud.

I even put 3.5" resonators on there..Cut down on the drone, but it still is noticeably loud.

I love my exhaust, but without the resonators, the car sounds like a Indy race car.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #5
theriz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Garage List
2017 F80 M3  [0.00]
2011 335i M-Sport  [4.00]
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 X5  [10.00]
I have a GTHaus exhaust paired with my catless down pipe on my E92. It's really loud. I think the dB reading was 124 or 126..
      03-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #6
jzheng02
Rep

Anyone know what the drone is like when you switch the exhaust to close. Does it make it comparable to the stock exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 02:19 AM   #7
free2d
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 335

is eisenmann race louder?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 02:31 AM   #8
RollingLower42
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Anyone know what the drone is like when you switch the exhaust to close. Does it make it comparable to the stock exhaust?
After it warms up and closes (about a minute), it idles very quietly. It is only when you push on the gas that it makes a lot of noise.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 11:50 AM   #9
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingLower42
Quote:

I even put 3.5" resonators on there..Cut down on the drone, but it still is noticeably loud.

I love my exhaust, but without the resonators, the car sounds like a Indy race car.
I got mine on order with the remote and a challenge HFC down pipe...

With the exhaust flap closed, would this still be too loud? And why do u need the resonators?
      04-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #10
RollingLower42
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post

With the exhaust flap closed, would this still be too loud? And why do u need the resonators?
I put resonators on because it was extremely loud.

How could I describe how loud it is?
My girlfriend complains every time she gets in the car about how loud it is.
Driving down a normal street, I hear it triggers car alarms to arm and beep.
Cold Start in the morning in a underground parking garage sounds crazy loud.
I had a police officer give me the stink eye once. He had someone else pulled over on the other side of the street. When I went off the line, I didn't see him and punched it. He turned his neck 180 degrees to watch me drive away.

Even though I put resonators on, it still is loud, but it really helped on the drone. That was the other annoying thing, was drone in the low RPMS when you were going 25-30 MPH was extreme in the cabin. Resonators helped out eliminate some of that as well.

You got the remote control, so you should be able to control how loud it is. I do not have the remote, hence I have the same sound all the time.

The only thing I noticed though, was after adding the resonators, it seemed a little slower. Not much but a little bit I could feel.

Only thing I miss with the resonators on, is going under tunnels when the resonators were off. Not joking, it was so much fun to floor it through tunnels, it was WAYYYY loud and almost deafening.

Still is loud through tunnels, just not as intense as without the resonators

Hope this helps!

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #11
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingLower42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post

I put resonators on because it was extremely loud.

How could I describe how loud it is?
My girlfriend complains every time she gets in the car about how loud it is.
Driving down a normal street, I hear it triggers car alarms to arm and beep.
Cold Start in the morning in a underground parking garage sounds crazy loud.
I had a police officer give me the stink eye once. He had someone else pulled over on the other side of the street. When I went off the line, I didn't see him and punched it. He turned his neck 180 degrees to watch me drive away.

Even though I put resonators on, it still is loud, but it really helped on the drone. That was the other annoying thing, was drone in the low RPMS when you were going 25-30 MPH was extreme in the cabin. Resonators helped out eliminate some of that as well.

You got the remote control, so you should be able to control how loud it is. I do not have the remote, hence I have the same sound all the time.

The only thing I noticed though, was after adding the resonators, it seemed a little slower. Not much but a little bit I could feel.

Only thing I miss with the resonators on, is going under tunnels when the resonators were off. Not joking, it was so much fun to floor it through tunnels, it was WAYYYY loud and almost deafening.

Still is loud through tunnels, just not as intense as without the resonators

Hope this helps!

Haha, that explain quite a bit. I finally got the package. Will install it in about a weeks time.

Can u upload some videos if u don't mind?
      07-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #12
bosz
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Ordered

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingLower42 View Post

I recently got the Meistershaft Super GT, gorgeous sound, its a sexy loud under heavy operation. Normal driving is pretty okay.

However drones like crazy, specially at 2.1K rpm (i.e. going 120km/h on highway). Gives me a headache and I am on the highway frequently.

Should i go through the trouble of adding a resonator? Can you give me deets on the resonator you used and does it truly cut down the drone significantly enough to make it worthwhile?

Thanks

Last edited by bosz; 07-09-2013 at 07:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #13
bosz
Captain
Rep

This is exactly what it sounds like. Gorgeous and a little exotic (not farty) lol

07-10-2013, 11:44 AM   #14
RollingLower42
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosz View Post
I recently got the Meistershaft Super GT, gorgeous sound, its a sexy loud under heavy operation. Normal driving is pretty okay.

However drones like crazy, specially at 2.1K rpm (i.e. going 120km/h on highway). Gives me a headache and I am on the highway frequently.

Should i go through the trouble of adding a resonator? Can you give me deets on the resonator you used and does it truly cut down the drone significantly enough to make it worthwhile?

Thanks
The resonators cut down a lot on the drone. Was totally worth it IMO. I believe they were 3.5" resonators? (If my memory serves me).

I remember the drone in the low RPM's like you were describing. The resonators will help out, but I noticed after I put the resonators on, the power was slightly less. Not too bad, but it feels a tad bit slower with the resonators than without.

I would say it is worth it.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #15
jsedlak
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i 6spd

Quote:
This is exactly what it sounds like. Gorgeous and a little exotic (not farty) lol

Really want to hear this in person... so drool worthy!
      07-10-2013, 01:07 PM   #16
KellerKiller
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i M, EBII, mit alles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsedlak View Post
haha I think this guy blew past me in Den Haag when I was in NL in the first week of April. I was at a left turn light and I'm sure he was showing off b/c I have the same color scheme. Sounded pretty mean though. I'd say better than the video lets on.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #17
bosz
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Sounds amazing. Ill try to get some good clips of it. A lot of burble and upshifts sound like lightning bolts, very mean and characteristic. Just the damn drone is the only problem.
      07-10-2013, 01:47 PM   #18
jsedlak
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Sounds amazing. Ill try to get some good clips of it. A lot of burble and upshifts sound like lightning bolts, very mean and characteristic. Just the damn drone is the only problem.
The videos are fantastic and the exhaust sounds good, but the question is how loud it is relative to an M-perf, which is near impossible in a video that only showcases one of the exhausts.
      07-10-2013, 02:29 PM   #19
bosz
Captain
Rep

Quote:
The videos are fantastic and the exhaust sounds good, but the question is how loud it is relative to an M-perf, which is near impossible in a video that only showcases one of the exhausts.
Its Loud, way way louder than M Perf. M perf is like the same loudness as stock but with a different raspier tone. This meisterschaft is VERY VERY Loud. Its basically a straight pipe with no muffler
      07-10-2013, 09:53 PM   #20
jzheng02
Rep

Does anyone know how this compares to the akarpovic?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 06:26 AM   #21
jsedlak
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Its Loud, way way louder than M Perf. M perf is like the same loudness as stock but with a different raspier tone. This meisterschaft is VERY VERY Loud. Its basically a straight pipe with no muffler
I thought that was exactly what it was...
      07-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #22
GTHAUS
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G82 M4

Quote:
Sorry for the slow reply! Here is our latest video featuring the GTHAUS BMW F30 335i, complete with our Meisterschaft cat-back 4x90mm GTC (EV Control) exhaust!

Appreciate 0