F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Bluetooth audio streaming
Extreme Powerhouse

06-04-2014, 12:39 PM   #1
pkagrawal
Rep
Drives: 2014 EBII F30 328i

Bluetooth audio streaming

I'm planning to get a F30 without the tech package and premium package. I don't plan on getting the navigation either. Is it true that I won't be able to stream audio from my phone over BT? I've heard from people that I need the enhanced bluetooth for that. If so, what other options would I have besides using an AUX cable? I'm guessing the USB is standard right? I want to be able to skip tracks from the steering wheel.

Anyone experiencing this?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 01:26 PM   #2
Rocket135
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

If I'm not mistaken the bluetooth audio streaming requires the tech package. I would imagine that the AUX cable is standard and the USB should be standard as well. I have the USB in my 135i and you can skip tracks from the steering wheel. Someone check my facts though.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 02:33 PM   #3
ardyer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 320xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkagrawal View Post
I'm planning to get a F30 without the tech package and premium package. I don't plan on getting the navigation either. Is it true that I won't be able to stream audio from my phone over BT? I've heard from people that I need the enhanced bluetooth for that. If so, what other options would I have besides using an AUX cable? I'm guessing the USB is standard right? I want to be able to skip tracks from the steering wheel.

Anyone experiencing this?

Thanks!
If you buy a 2014, it should come standard with the bluetooth hardware, you just have to have it turned on. If you find someone in your area that does bmw coding, they can do that.

I could also swear that the 2015 with have it standard, and for $500 you can upgrade it more. Could be wrong on that though.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 04:01 PM   #4
Manulap92
Enlisted Member
France
Rep
Drives: 318 DA Luxury (F30)

i have activated Bluetooth audio on my 2012 318d (with Nav Pro and Combox) but i dont use it because it's not convenient.

I prefer using an usb stick in the arm rest usb port which gives me Album Art and facility to select a directory / album, things not available with Bluetooth audio.

Without any hesitation, use USB port
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 06:30 PM   #5
pkagrawal
Rep
Drives: 2014 EBII F30 328i

Thanks for the replies folks!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 03:35 AM   #6
bojan_a
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 520d Xdrive 2016

Continuation on this topic

I would like to ask one more question regarding BT streaming. I have successfully installed the NBT and coded it so I can now stream phonecalls and mediafiles that are stored in the phone. I was trying to use youtube application to stream to the NBT unit but it fails with all my phones (andriod). Phones I've tried with Sony Xperia V, Samsung galaxy S4 and Samsung galaxy S5. It is just silence in both car and phone but I can see the bluetooth volume control bar popping up when I adjust the volume so it is still paired and connected to the car. Any idea on what to do?

Thanks
//Bojan
Appreciate 0