F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Ordering Coral Red, but what Trim??
Extreme Powerhouse

08-17-2013, 08:43 PM   #1
yxjackxh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' F32 AW MSPORT

Ordering Coral Red, but what Trim??

I'm ordering a 4 series with coral red interior, but what trim looks better, the Aluminum Hexagon Trim or the Dark Burl Walnut Wood Trim? Just want peoples opinions. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 09:39 PM   #2
Meeeotch
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 F30 335i M-Sport

Garage List
My opinion ... Do the aluminum trim. I feel woodgrains look off with the red. I ordered my E92 and F30 both with the coral / alum hex I think it's a perfect combo!.

My E92 showed up with the dark burl and it was not a good look. It took the dealer about two weeks to get all the correct parts for the trim package I had ordered.

I was so happy to get the aluminum trim installed and get rid if the burl.

E92 335i M-Sport Apline White / Coral Red / manual
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 10:07 PM   #3
yxjackxh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeeotch View Post
My opinion ... Do the aluminum trim. I feel woodgrains look off with the red. I ordered my E92 and F30 both with the coral / alum hex I think it's a perfect combo!.

My E92 showed up with the dark burl and it was not a good look. It took the dealer about two weeks to get all the correct parts for the trim package I had ordered.

I was so happy to get the aluminum trim installed and get rid if the burl.
Hmm I see, youre probably right haha. I always had black interior and that went really well with the wood but with red it really might throw off the look. Thanks for the insight, I'm going to make sure they do the aluminum trim
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 10:52 PM   #4
Meeeotch
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
You will not be disappointed... I promise! What are you ordering??? I went back and forth between a new 4 or the F30... I opted for an F30 msport... I was a bit concerned with getting the FIRST MY of the 4series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yxjackxh View Post
Hmm I see, youre probably right haha. I always had black interior and that went really well with the wood but with red it really might throw off the look. Thanks for the insight, I'm going to make sure they do the aluminum trim
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2013, 12:25 AM   #5
BL 5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 i3 REx, 2018 Tesla P3D

Just picked mine up with Burl Wood. Very happy with the choice. It really blends well.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2013, 01:18 AM   #6
Sabo
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F21 M140i

Hexagon gives a sportier look to the interior also to to keep scratch free the wood trim is almost impossible
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2013, 11:20 AM   #7
yxjackxh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saby View Post
Hexagon gives a sportier look to the interior also to to keep scratch free the wood trim is almost impossible
Yeah I agree, I just wanted it to look a bit fancy inside with the wood, but even without the wood i think it will look just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL 5 View Post
Just picked mine up with Burl Wood. Very happy with the choice. It really blends well.
I'm sure the wood looks good too! but i might prefer the hexagon aluminum
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2013, 11:24 AM   #8
yxjackxh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You will not be disappointed... I promise! What are you ordering??? I went back and forth between a new 4 or the F30... I opted for an F30 msport... I was a bit concerned with getting the FIRST MY of the 4series.
f30 msport, cant go wrong with that! I've just always preferred coupes so I opted for the f32. been waiting over a year for it, had a e92 previously.
But this thursday or friday im going back to the dealership to order:
AW 428i M Sport(Wish it was 435i...)
Coral red/hexagon aluminum trim
Premium Package
Driver Assistance
Navigation
Was also debating on the surround system but idk if it's worth it.

When is your f30 msport arriving? My dealer said once i place my order should be here late sept early oct.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #9
bavarianboar
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 540i, 2020 430i

See it in person and decide.

Too much reflection in SoCal sun with aluminum. Esp hex. That's just me

I personally feel everything competes for attention with al trim, looks great on black interior.

I got burl wood on mine, might do a carbon fiber wrap, not possible with al hex due to non smooth surface finish.

Again drive in both or spend enough time to decide

More discussion if u like.

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=874309

Driving: 2020 540i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa - Dec 2019 BTO - Feb 2020 Delivery
Returned: 2016 535i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa :: 2014 F30 335i M-Sport Min Grey, Coral Red :: 2011 E90 328i Deep Sea Blue, Oyster Dakota
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #10
Porsche Power
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F31 330d M-sport 19" EBII

I've got the alu trim w coral red. Any type of wood trim will have to wait until 7-series after retirement... So either the alu or retrofit M-sport carbon.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #11
TheHitchhiker
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i

I have Coral Red and Dark Burl Walnut.. I will add high quality photos soon so you can have an idea. Looks nice. I am a fan of both Aluminum or Wood. It is your personal preference.

Past: 2016 F10 550i M-Sport ~ 2015 F83 M4 Convertible ~ 2013 F30 335i M-Sport ~ 2006 E85 Z4 30i
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2013, 06:28 PM   #12
riimiX
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive Coupe

personally I really liked the aluminum trim + coral red photos I saw.

http://www.f30post.com/goodiesforyou...52_highRes.jpg
http://www.f30post.com/goodiesforyou...53_highRes.jpg
http://www.f30post.com/goodiesforyou...42_highRes.jpg
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #13
Meeeotch
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
You've made a great choice... Why the 428i over the 435i? And what color are you going to order? Side note... Before you kick down the extra $2100 for the navi you should reconsider. I took my e92 in for an oil change this weekend and I got a '12 328i as a loaner. This car has the new interface and Bluetooth which is quite a bit better then it's predecessor. I used the map app on my iphone while I was driving around, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that I was able to get the voice (from the navigation app) to come through the speakers. My '11 e92 doesn't do that... I say save the money and put it towards wheel upgrade OR the 435i I should get my car about the same time as you. Late September or early October! BMW has had my order for a little over two weeks now, so production has to start soon! So you are placing your order this week???
Quote:
f30 msport, cant go wrong with that! I've just always preferred coupes so I opted for the f32. been waiting over a year for it, had a e92 previously.
But this thursday or friday im going back to the dealership to order:
AW 428i M Sport(Wish it was 435i...)
Coral red/hexagon aluminum trim
Premium Package
Driver Assistance
Navigation
Was also debating on the surround system but idk if it's worth it.

When is your f30 msport arriving? My dealer said once i place my order should be here late sept early oct.

Appreciate 0
      08-18-2013, 07:53 PM   #14
Meeeotch
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
"Wood Trim will have to wait until 7-serires after retirement... " Well said! I think the red is too sporty to go with wood trim...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche Power View Post
I've got the alu trim w coral red. Any type of wood trim will have to wait until 7-series after retirement... So either the alu or retrofit M-sport carbon.

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #15
yxjackxh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianboar View Post
See it in person and decide.

Too much reflection in SoCal sun with aluminum. Esp hex. That's just me

I personally feel everything competes for attention with al trim, looks great on black interior.

I got burl wood on mine, might do a carbon fiber wrap, not possible with al hex due to non smooth surface finish.

Again drive in both or spend enough time to decide

More discussion if u like.

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=874309
Thanks! Honestly both look good and i wouldn't hate one over the other. I think I'm going to just go and see it in person for myself. But wood was my first instinct!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche Power View Post
hahahaha thanks for the insight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasansal View Post
I have Coral Red and Dark Burl Walnut.. I will add high quality photos soon so you can have an idea. Looks nice. I am a fan of both Aluminum or Wood. It is your personal preference.
Yes can i see the hq photos please? Thanks alot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riimiX View Post
yeah i have to admit it looks really good. Do you have any pics of the wood?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 04:04 PM   #16
yxjackxh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You've made a great choice... Why the 428i over the 435i? And what color are you going to order? Side note... Before you kick down the extra $2100 for the navi you should reconsider. I took my e92 in for an oil change this weekend and I got a '12 328i as a loaner. This car has the new interface and Bluetooth which is quite a bit better then it's predecessor. I used the map app on my iphone while I was driving around, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that I was able to get the voice (from the navigation app) to come through the speakers. My '11 e92 doesn't do that... I say save the money and put it towards wheel upgrade OR the 435i I should get my car about the same time as you. Late September or early October! BMW has had my order for a little over two weeks now, so production has to start soon! So you are placing your order this week???
I got it in alpine white, I had black before, it was a tough choice between black and white but i went with white for the long run. I think the m performance parts would look better in alpine white than black sapphire. I should do the 435i... its just pretty dam pricy lol
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 09:14 PM   #17
Meeeotch
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Right on another great choice! My e92 is alpine white with the coral red and hex alum and I LOVE it... The white definitely shows off the m parts more then the black would.
Quote:
I got it in alpine white, I had black before, it was a tough choice between black and white but i went with white for the long run. I think the m performance parts would look better in alpine white than black sapphire. I should do the 435i... its just pretty dam pricy lol

Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 02:21 PM   #18
yxjackxh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Right on another great choice! My e92 is alpine white with the coral red and hex alum and I LOVE it... The white definitely shows off the m parts more then the black would.
haha nice! yeah i had black before with some mods, it was nice, but I prefer a modded white car than a modded black car. Also I MIGHT opt for the 435i this coming friday when i order, its just that I'm purchasing, not leasing, and i have to put alot of money down.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #19
Meeeotch
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
MIGHT sounds promising!!! I hear you on the cost, but you'll have about 9 weeks to save lol... Exciting times my friend! Keep me posted on what you decide.
Quote:
haha nice! yeah i had black before with some mods, it was nice, but I prefer a modded white car than a modded black car. Also I MIGHT opt for the 435i this coming friday when i order, its just that I'm purchasing, not leasing, and i have to put alot of money down.

Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 08:53 PM   #20
yxjackxh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
MIGHT sounds promising!!! I hear you on the cost, but you'll have about 9 weeks to save lol... Exciting times my friend! Keep me posted on what you decide.
yes! it will be very exciting once our cars arrive, around the same time too. I see you went for that superman combo
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 09:41 PM   #21
Meeeotch
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yxjackxh
Quote:
yes! it will be very exciting once our cars arrive, around the same time too. I see you went for that superman combo
Ha ha. Yes it will. We must go for a cruise after we both get our cars!!!

Superman yes... I was playing around online and couldn't get the combo out of my head! So I took that as a sign:-).

Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 10:20 PM   #22
riimiX
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive Coupe

crap. now im debating whether i should go for the black interior + red stitching/highlights and aluminum trim or go with the coral red...

feel like coral makes it look sportier but black looks classy, sexier.

not sure if i would grow tired of the red after 2 weeks or so. anyone with input??
Appreciate 0