F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Oil change at Orange County BMW, ridiculous price
proTUNING Freaks

04-26-2017, 01:58 AM   #1
WillSkill
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW 335i

Garage List
Oil change at Orange County BMW, ridiculous price

So I took my car in for the 40k mileage service and oil change. Also I wanted to mount summer tires and rims.

My service advisor wanted $145 for oil and $100 for the oil filter... I was kind of shocked and decided I only wanted the oil changed for now. I know that oil changes usually include both the oil and filter needing to be changed out but my brain didn't react at the moment... I should've argued with my sales
Advisor on the pricing.

What's even more ridiculous is that he wanted $460 total for just mounting my new tires onto new rims and moving over the tpms. I know they do need to replace some valve stems. But that is a ridiculous price. Afterwards I called a tire shop and they quoted me $20 per tire to mount the tires and rotation included.

I'm absolutely appalled by what my sales advisor is charging me. Unfortunately I agreed to the pricing for just the oil change without the filter for $145. I'm picking the car up tomorrow and will see if I can argue about the pricing, or have them add the oil filter change in there. On Orange County BMW I just saw that there was an oil change deal for $90 for the 4 cylinder engines. But my 6 cylinder oil and filter change doesn't justify over a 2x price increase.

Going to see if I can argue with that deal to my SA.

The only good thing is that they found I had a oil leak and my car is still under warranty. I'm sure he would've tried to price gouge me like crazy if I weren't under warranty. Anyway I don't think I can trust dealer SA's ever again after this

2013 Alpine White 335i -M Sport/// Akrapovic Catback Exhaust/// KW Street Comfort Coilovers/// BMS intake/// JB4/// ER front mount intercooler/// ER Charge pipe/// ER catless downpipe/// 18" Apex Arc-8 in Anthracite/// Michelin Pilot Super Sports
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2017, 08:46 AM   #2
alpine335guy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSkill View Post
So I took my car in for the 40k mileage service and oil change. Also I wanted to mount summer tires and rims.

My service advisor wanted $145 for oil and $100 for the oil filter... I was kind of shocked and decided I only wanted the oil changed for now. I know that oil changes usually include both the oil and filter needing to be changed out but my brain didn't react at the moment... I should've argued with my sales
Advisor on the pricing.

What's even more ridiculous is that he wanted $460 total for just mounting my new tires onto new rims and moving over the tpms. I know they do need to replace some valve stems. But that is a ridiculous price. Afterwards I called a tire shop and they quoted me $20 per tire to mount the tires and rotation included.

I'm absolutely appalled by what my sales advisor is charging me. Unfortunately I agreed to the pricing for just the oil change without the filter for $145. I'm picking the car up tomorrow and will see if I can argue about the pricing, or have them add the oil filter change in there. On Orange County BMW I just saw that there was an oil change deal for $90 for the 4 cylinder engines. But my 6 cylinder oil and filter change doesn't justify over a 2x price increase.

The only good thing is that they found I had a oil leak and my car is still under warranty. I'm sure he would've tried to price gouge me like crazy if I weren't under warranty. Anyway I don't think I can trust dealer SA's ever again after this

That's ridiculous. At this point I'd probably just change the filter myself for under $10. This is unfortunate to hear seeing how SA's are the direct point of contact for the customer and have a huge impact on the dealer's customer service ratings.

I'm more appalled at the price for changing tires. The price they quoted you is about what my dealer wanted for 2 new front tires. Good luck in your quest for justice.
Appreciate 1
WillSkill172.00
      04-26-2017, 09:08 AM   #3
smallba
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSkill View Post

Advisor on the pricing.

Thats my dealership as well, i went in there in fall for some service and price wasn't what i expected. I've been doing oil changes on my own, Motul 8100 which we can by off the shelf in our area if your in the Hudson Valley. Had my summer wheel tires and sensors mounted at a local tire shop for quarter that price.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2017, 05:57 PM   #4
WillSkill
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
So it came out to be $165 for the oil, and they did change the filter. My SA did call and tell me that there was an oil leak... So changing be filter and o rings would stop it? I'm not sure

In the future it's either Indy shop or diy. Won't be heading to the dealers again.

I found a shop in Goshen, NY for the tires. Mounting aftermarket rims and tires and moving tpms for $140 total.

Also today I learned that tire shops don't mount aftermarket rims. None of the shops would do it. Also I had my own brand new tires and they wouldn't mount them either. I called mavis, discount tire, sams club, Walmart, and Firestone. You gotta find a performance shop for mounting aftermarket rims
2013 Alpine White 335i -M Sport/// Akrapovic Catback Exhaust/// KW Street Comfort Coilovers/// BMS intake/// JB4/// ER front mount intercooler/// ER Charge pipe/// ER catless downpipe/// 18" Apex Arc-8 in Anthracite/// Michelin Pilot Super Sports
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2017, 07:44 PM   #5
murphius1118
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Garage List
Castrol Edge 0W-30 Full Synthetic Oil...$45 for 6 quart case (amazon.com)

Mann HU-816X oil filter...$10 (amazon.com)

Labor $0.

Satisfaction of not paying $150 for an oil change...priceless
'13 328i xDrive│Jet Black│BMS JB Stage 1│MPE│18" 400M & Conti DWS 06│DelVal BMW CCA #533245
Appreciate 1
cjack29.50
      04-26-2017, 07:57 PM   #6
Katin
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i XDrive

Kinda did it backwards. Should have changed the filter and topped off the oil. But since you have fresh oil and a dirty filter I would change the filter and add a little oil.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2017, 05:12 AM   #7
BUFFLARS12
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW f30 328i xdrive M Spor

The same people who own orange county bmw also own rockland nissan...was going to purchase a rogue from them for my wife...their business practices are unethical.

I wouldnt bring my car to either of those places to have them top off the air in my tires.

Prestige bmw in Ramsey. May be a little pricey but they have never given me any issues.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2017, 01:35 PM   #8
classyfast
Banned
Rep
Drives: e36m/e46m/E92 LCI 335/f30 335

Orange County is fucking terrible. Stay away from there
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2017, 03:35 PM   #9
WillSkill
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by classyfast View Post
Orange County is fucking terrible. Stay away from there
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUFFLARS12 View Post
The same people who own orange county bmw also own rockland nissan...was going to purchase a rogue from them for my wife...their business practices are unethical.

I wouldnt bring my car to either of those places to have them top off the air in my tires.

Prestige bmw in Ramsey. May be a little pricey but they have never given me any issues.
Well from maintenance I've decided to never go back there again. Going to Indy shops from now on
Appreciate 0