F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Stolen. Trashed. No Insurance.
proTUNING Freaks

02-24-2018, 10:25 AM   #67
335dxdrive
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D Xdrive

Great news that you are getting paid out

Sadly in this day and age, there is just no point phoning the police for theft related crimes, they are just not interested and won't do anything.

We only phone them to get a crime reference number for insurance, that's it.

My friend's car was stolen from outside his house and it took 3 phones calls and 2 weeks just for the police to turn up.

The police are only interested in easy stuff and petty crimes such as motoring offences, helping out bailiffs ect. I remember phoning 999 a few years ago at 2am to report a theft in progress, no one even answered!!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 04:31 PM   #68
nascot
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dxdrive View Post

Sadly in this day and age, there is just no point phoning the police for theft related crimes, they are just not interested and won't do anything.

My friend's car was stolen from outside his house and it took 3 phones calls and 2 weeks just for the police to turn up.

The police are only interested in easy stuff and petty crimes such as motoring offences, helping out bailiffs ect. I remember phoning 999 a few years ago at 2am to report a theft in progress, no one even answered!!
Every crime should still be reported. It keeps crime stats realistic.
Appreciate 1
      02-25-2018, 05:28 AM   #69
hudson012003
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i Msport Tanzanite blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dxdrive View Post

Great result for the Op, glad it’s over for him

Think above is harsh on Plod. I had similar opinion to you until we had our car stolen last Sept (thread on here somewhere). The Police were absolutely brilliant & on the ball even thou that weekend about 6 cars had been taken in our area alone.

Couldn’t fault them at all & the officer who took me to get my car (connected drive located it) was really helpful in pointing out areas we could improve home security. Maybe I was one of the lucky one’s but it certainly changed my perspective when you see the limited resources they now have.
Appreciate 1
      02-25-2018, 06:21 AM   #70
evdok
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330D M/SPORT xDRIVE INDIVIDUAL

Well after all that, personally id go straight to the Porsche dealer & come out with a huge grin on my face for a well earned result.

Evdok

Appreciate 1
      02-25-2018, 06:39 AM   #71
Hooded
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudson012003 View Post
Great result for the Op, glad it’s over for him

Think above is harsh on Plod. I had similar opinion to you until we had our car stolen last Sept (thread on here somewhere). The Police were absolutely brilliant & on the ball even thou that weekend about 6 cars had been taken in our area alone.

Couldn’t fault them at all & the officer who took me to get my car (connected drive located it) was really helpful in pointing out areas we could improve home security. Maybe I was one of the lucky one’s but it certainly changed my perspective when you see the limited resources they now have.

Agree there are still decent coppers out there who will do their best to help if your a victim of crime.

Fairplay.. https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/new...s-14334285.amp
Appreciate 1
      02-26-2018, 10:15 AM   #72
Cleybrooke
Private
Rep
Drives: F31 335d xDrive

Kudos to BMW Finance. Pressed the button at the weekend on an M2 in MG. Gave the nod no problem.

911 would have been good, however BMW had stuck with me as they could have demanded all the cash back straight away. Given I broke a number of items on the contract, really pleased to be getting back into a new Motor.

Very shortly my drive will have a dead E91 (see E91 thread for that sad story) an F31 in EB (see above) and now an M2.

Very happy man!

Thank you for the support and kind comments.
Appreciate 1
      02-26-2018, 11:17 AM   #73
F30Andy
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: An Entire Fleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleybrooke View Post

Very shortly my drive will have a dead E91 (see E91 thread for that sad story) .
Link please?
Appreciate 1
      02-26-2018, 12:01 PM   #74
speedski
Major
Rep
Drives: Former F40/F36/E81/E85 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30Andy View Post
Link please?
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1445650
Appreciate 1