F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Leased 2017 340i to be fixed. Through insurance company?
ARMA SPEED

11-17-2017, 11:54 AM   #1
horatiomars
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Leased 2017 340i to be fixed. Through insurance company?

Hi,

This is my first time leasing a BMW. Not sure what's the best way to deal with the case.

The bottom splash shields and the bumper are torn off from backing up over curbs. The front center left PDC sensor is pushed inside. Need to remove bumper to reinstall PDC sensor. There're some small scratches on the bumper from regular daily use as well.

The deal ship gave me a quote of $2,500 to replace and fix all of them.

Another body shop quoted me $1,600 to replace and fix them, $250 to just fix them without replacing with a new bumper.

My question is should I fix them through Geico? I have $500 deductible. If I fix them through Geico and there'll be a record in the carfax report, will it be ok when I return it to the dealer when the lease ends?

A lot of details. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 12:09 PM   #2
vgore
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 328xi

I think you should go through Geico and have dealership fix it just to be on safer side. I don't think you should have any problems turning in the lease.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 01:44 PM   #3
kalien34
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 40e CB M Sport

I would either spend just $250 to get it fixed without going through insurance (depending on how serious the damage is) or go through Geico and get it done right.
You are leasing so why would you even care about Carfax record? As long as the car is fixed when you turn in the lease, BMW shouldn't be giving you any hard time.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 01:50 PM   #4
XxThe_RemedyXx
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatiomars View Post
Hi,

This is my first time leasing a BMW. Not sure what's the best way to deal with the case.

The bottom splash shields and the bumper are torn off from backing up over curbs. The front center left PDC sensor is pushed inside. Need to remove bumper to reinstall PDC sensor. There're some small scratches on the bumper from regular daily use as well.

Another body shop quoted me $1,600 to replace and fix them, $250 to just fix them without replacing with a new bumper.

My question is should I fix them through Geico? I have $500 deductible. If I fix them through Geico and there'll be a record in the carfax report, will it be ok when I return it to the dealer when the lease ends?

First of all thank you for being responsible and considering the GEICO route. So many people take on leases and abuse cars only to return them causing a major headache for the next owner.

Personally I would go the GEICO route and get it done right.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 08:44 PM   #5
Bimmerius
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 F30

not certain but you may not be able to claim all these separate fixes as one claim with your auto insurance (so Geico may say one claim/deductible front bumper, another claim/deductible rear/side..) again not sure but if that would be the case then the $250 fix is the way to go..
Appreciate 1
kabrichx134.00
      11-18-2017, 11:13 AM   #6
kabrichx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatiomars View Post
Hi,

Do you have lane change warning?

If so, you most likely need to replace as per BMW Specs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerius View Post
not certain but you may not be able to claim all these separate fixes as one claim with your auto insurance (so Geico may say one claim/deductible front bumper, another claim/deductible rear/side..) again not sure but if that would be the case then the $250 fix is the way to go..
Unless he could claim they were all part of something in road he ran over....thus same event.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2017, 05:20 PM   #7
horatiomars
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgore View Post
I think you should go through Geico and have dealership fix it just to be on safer side. I don't think you should have any problems turning in the lease.
I decided to go through Geico. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2017, 05:24 PM   #8
horatiomars
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalien34 View Post
I would either spend just $250 to get it fixed without going through insurance (depending on how serious the damage is) or go through Geico and get it done right.
You are leasing so why would you even care about Carfax record? As long as the car is fixed when you turn in the lease, BMW shouldn't be giving you any hard time.
Thanks for your reply. I was not too sure about the leasing terms. Looks like I'll be fine as long as it's fixed properly. I decided to go through Geico and repair it in the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2017, 05:26 PM   #9
horatiomars
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxThe_RemedyXx View Post
First of all thank you for being responsible and considering the GEICO route. So many people take on leases and abuse cars only to return them causing a major headache for the next owner.

Personally I would go the GEICO route and get it done right.
Thanks. I'll fix in the dealership through Geico.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2017, 05:29 PM   #10
horatiomars
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerius View Post
They'll be in one claim since the bumper and bottom shield torn-offs are from the same incident. I'll replace the bumper so the scratches will be taken care as well. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2017, 05:32 PM   #11
horatiomars
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabrichx View Post
Do you have lane change warning?

If so, you most likely need to replace as per BMW Specs.

Unless he could claim they were all part of something in road he ran over....thus same event.
Thanks. I don't have lane change warning so it's not a concern for me. I'll replace the bumper because it's actually broken in the incident. I'll use Geico so ideally everything should be taken care in one shot.
Appreciate 1
Seba77W401.00