F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Jaguar Sports Sedan with RWD and Lightweight Aluminum Build Coming to Rival 3 Series
Extreme Powerhouse

03-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #67
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
Ford doesn't own Aston or Jag.
Wait...what?

They used to...and I haven't kept track of any of those, so I stand corrected. Apologies for my mistake...
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #68
Ryan9095
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 430i

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolag View Post

Also, any thoughts on the Jag F-Type as a competitor to the F30/32 M3/4?
The F-type is a 2 seater roadster. It's in a different class than a 3-series... and way more expensive. I think it's supposed to compete with Porsche. I read somewhere that the XK is most likely going to increase in size and become an Aston Martin-type competitor with a major price increase. So maybe the F is going to replace it.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 08:39 PM   #69
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan9095 View Post
The F-type is a 2 seater roadster. It's in a different class than a 3-series... and way more expensive. I think it's supposed to compete with Porsche. I read somewhere that the XK is most likely going to increase in size and become an Aston Martin-type competitor with a major price increase. So maybe the F is going to replace it.
The F Type S is $81k stock...I built one up, not FULLY loaded, because I don't need any electronics/gaudy new stuff, to me all the new technology just annoys me. The build was $85k, with some sort of climate package, winter traction, different rims, different interior. The car has 380hp. It is a roadster/convertible, though...but the M3 also has a convertible.

The new M4 should be in the high 60s low 70s, and I just saw a speculation thread saying stuff about a $80k M3. Assuming 70k USD...add rims (2k), climate package (800), leather interior (1.5k), 6MT for free, dynamic damper control (1k), you get 75.3k. With the convertible to compare, you get roughly $83-84k.

The M4 convertible will undoubtedly be better, and I would choose that (not that I could...) if I had a choice.

The M4 should also look WAY better than the F-type...I hate the F-type rear end, it looks like a squished Audi A7 rear end...
Appreciate 0