F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Free BSI Plus!!
Extreme Powerhouse

09-12-2012, 08:11 AM   #23
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drk280 View Post
My car has been completed but it is still not on a ship, the 360 offer is nice but it does appear like a dealer discretion thing, as I mentioned this is the third car I have bought of them. The thing I would prefer instead of the 360 offer would be like a 1% interest rate like Nissan is offering or the 0.7% interest rate on Holden's atm. Mercedes Benz had a 2% offer last year but I kinda stick to BMW now.
Also since that deal is almost impossible to obtain due to manufacturing and delivery timeframes, it could easily classify as a type of false advertising or trying to encourage vehicle sales while offering free service and at time of delivery telling you that you can't have it due to the small print. The offer really needs to have at least a 3 month window or even better a 6 month timeframe.
I think they might be leaving themselves open to a dpt of fair trading inquiry
+1
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 06:39 PM   #24
Drk280
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30

It appears Hyundai are about to offer 0% interest on their finance very soon as I just read in the auto section of today's paper.
C'mon BMW Australia get on the wagon and give up the 8%. If they lowered their interest rate I'm certain their car sales would dramatically increase.
On another front it looks like my car will be delivered on the first week of November. It will be in Australia mid October but due to custom delays, etc I also miss out on the BSI by a day or two LOL.
Seriously thinking of calling dpt of fair trading about an offer that cannot possibly be claimed. Maybe if a bunch of us did the same we could get some results.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 12:32 AM   #25
Mike.T
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i M-Sport AW

Quote:
Seriously thinking of calling dpt of fair trading about an offer that cannot possibly be claimed. Maybe if a bunch of us did the same we could get some results.
I was actually talking to a few people about this and someone commented that it would be virtually impossible to claim the offer if they don't want you to get it. The main reason for this argument is very simple.... the deal has a very short time frame and must meet both criterias (ie ordered and delivered). The only way I see you getting the deal if you order a new car today is to force the local dealer to commit to giving you free BSI regardless of the delivery date.

So potentially this deal is targeted at existing stock? Well existing stock sitting in the local dealer yard right now would not have been ordered from BMW within the offer period (ie 1 September - 31 October) even if it is delivered in the offer period. They would be in their right to say that the car does not qualify (ie delivered in the period but ordered outside). But again, when you are making the deal for an existing car in the yard you would force them to give the free BSI as part of the offer.

So in simple terms this deal is designed to be at the discretion of the local dealer. Yes you are right it cannot possibly be claimed if they don't want to give it to you. Who knows if fair trade will do anything tho.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 01:35 AM   #26
fd80
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.T View Post
So potentially this deal is targeted at existing stock? Well existing stock sitting in the local dealer yard right now would not have been ordered from BMW within the offer period (ie 1 September - 31 October) even if it is delivered in the offer period. They would be in their right to say that the car does not qualify (ie delivered in the period but ordered outside). But again, when you are making the deal for an existing car in the yard you would force them to give the free BSI as part of the offer.
I think when they say delivered - they mean delivered to you the purchaser - not to the dealer - and when they say ordered - ordered by the purchaser (not ordered from BMW)... I don't know whether we've got any recourse - the offer is while stocks last I'm sure - and its across the range, so any BMW that's available in stock or shortly on its way will be eligible.

Did we all get custom orders? Drk280 did you get a dealer allocated car or a custom car?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 01:52 AM   #27
Mike.T
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ij05 View Post
I think when they say delivered - they mean delivered to you the purchaser - not to the dealer - and when they say ordered - ordered by the purchaser (not ordered from BMW)... I don't know whether we've got any recourse
Fair point. I guess what I am saying is the term ordered can be a order from a local dealer to BMW to add to the stock of cars on the floor or it can be termed an order from a end user (us) put to the local dealer who have to order through BMW. So technically if the local dealer wanted to argue the point they can say they ordered this car with BMW to add to stock on the floor in August hence 'unfortunately this car does not meet the criteria of free BSI' (ie Ordered and delivered in Sept - Oct) Delivery I agree its always delivery to the end user (being us).

What we can agree on is that the offer is so unclear its down to interpretation of the individual (most people here will interpret it differently). And when it comes down to individual interpretation it usually ends up in court (if someone can be bothered taking it there).
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 02:00 AM   #28
Mike.T
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ij05 View Post
Did we all get custom orders? Drk280 did you get a dealer allocated car or a custom car?
Yes indeed! Mine will take 3 months from order to delivery. another 13 days until it arrives in Fremantle docks.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2012, 05:54 AM   #29
Drk280
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

I ordered my F30. If it doesn't make make it to the ship Faust on the 19th there is no way I will get the car by the end of October. That ship leaves in 3 days and my vin is not in their cargo as of tonight.. Crossing fingers for Monday or Tuesday as the car was of the assembly line mid sep.
I was told I will get the offer as long as I pick up the car on the 31st of October or earlier. I have an awful feeling it will be the first week of november. Will try and see if I can get it anyway if i take delivery in november since i have bought three cars of them so far, will let you guys know what happens.
Reminds me of when I bought my investment unit and the real estate agent evicted the long term tenant just because I wanted to use another agent to manage it.
The cars they have on the floor all have that small screen sat nav, I don't even know why they skimp on the prof nav, no way I could go from pro nav to business nav now. Also I was after a 320d not the 335 I like diesel torque and economy.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2012, 08:56 PM   #30
fd80
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
I ordered my F30. If it doesn't make make it to the ship Faust on the 19th there is no way I will get the car by the end of October. That ship leaves in 3 days and my vin is not in their cargo as of tonight.. Crossing fingers for Monday or Tuesday as the car was of the assembly line mid sep.
A couple of things, the cars normally sit around for a couple of weeks before they head off to port - my mid Aug car got on a ship at the start of September.
Also, the 2wglobal tracking website takes AGES to update. My car was received at the port on the Wednesday and it didn't show up online until the Saturday.

Last edited by fd80; 09-16-2012 at 09:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2012, 10:05 PM   #31
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 430i Gran Coupe

I think too many people are reading too much into this offer. It's simple - go in today, do a deal on a car, and then take delivery before the offer period closes and you have your free servicing. There is no misinterpretation. Anyway, with CBS dictating the service, all you will get is 2 oil changes / minor services.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 01:43 AM   #32
Mike.T
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGR00 View Post
I think too many people are reading too much into this offer. It's simple - go in today, do a deal on a car, and then take delivery before the offer period closes and you have your free servicing. There is no misinterpretation. Anyway, with CBS dictating the service, all you will get is 2 oil changes / minor services.
Which makes it almost impossible to claim which is the main issue
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 06:26 AM   #33
Drk280
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Well, picked up the car today and got the 360 deal on it. Only thing they did not have was the rubber floor mats.
Lots of star points to worthington BMW their sales team is great.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 09:25 AM   #34
Mike.T
Private
Rep

Quote:
Well, picked up the car today and got the 360 deal on it. Only thing they did not have was the rubber floor mats.
Lots of star points to worthington BMW their sales team is great.
Congrats on the car. Good to here you got the 360 deal. Seems like its definitely up to the dealer if they provide the deal to you or not. Good on you for getting it
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 03:37 AM   #35
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Pics!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 06:48 AM   #36
Drk280
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

J1n you really want to see my plain jane white 320d?

I have included the pic of the boot liner, they charged $350 instead of $450 and they threw in the media adaptor for the iPhone

The plates are the new "bright lights" design here in NSW

The side view doesn't really show how low the car looks due to the adaptive suspension.

Opticoat and tint is booked for Nov 15, when i finally get 2 days off work just to get it done
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 06:58 PM   #37
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Just confirmed that I received the 360 for my car.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #38
AtlasMarbleMeow
Private
Rep
Drives: M2

^ I thought it had to be ordered and delivered in October?

How did you score that?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 10:40 PM   #39
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakkas View Post
^ I thought it had to be ordered and delivered in October?

How did you score that?
Being a 20 year customer at Bib Stillwell helps.

Actually, to the letter of the promotion, it's order from 1st September & take delivery by 31st October.

Dealer discretion applies.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 01:09 AM   #40
dcg71
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

I really don't understand why BMW Aus don't make this a more permanent arrangement. From a competitive standpoint I think its a no brainer. The general public love these sort of deals, and the reality is the car needs very little service wise. We're talking 3 oil services and maybe a brake change. Do they even include brake rotors or is it just pads only?
2000 E46 318i Cosmos Black
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 01:22 AM   #41
AtlasMarbleMeow
Private
Rep
Drives: M2

Hopefully when I pick up my car the dealer decides to be nice to me....
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 04:21 AM   #42
Drk280
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Worth about $3000 better in my pocket than the dealers. Just ask nicely for the 360 deal when you pick it up. You could mention some of the guys in the forums got it.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 04:57 AM   #43
ozorion
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 30D MSport

Garage List
I ordered my car as a custom build in the first week of September and they originally gave me an ETA of December 22nd so when I asked about the 360 special, they told me I woulnd't be getting it.

As it stands I've been pretty lucky with shipping and the car arrived in Port Kembla last Sunday, but the dealer is talking about delivering in the first or second week of November. In the time since I ordered I managed to get my employer to join the corporate programme so I'm sweet there, but if I hadn't been able to do that, I would have been kicking up a stink about my car arriving in mid-October and then getting held over to November so I missed the deal.

With that being said, I'm pretty aware that the _intent_ of the promotion was to move existing stock.
      10-26-2012, 05:39 AM   #44
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
J1n you really want to see my plain jane white 320d?

I have included the pic of the boot liner, they charged $350 instead of $450 and they threw in the media adaptor for the iPhone

The plates are the new "bright lights" design here in NSW

The side view doesn't really show how low the car looks due to the adaptive suspension.

Opticoat and tint is booked for Nov 15, when i finally get 2 days off work just to get it done
No BMW is a plain jane .. ^^ I almost went with that combo =) Love the mat you got in the boot
Appreciate 0