F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > How to tell if all your options have been added?
proTUNING Freaks

02-17-2013, 12:15 AM   #1
NK80
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i M Sport (On Order)

How to tell if all your options have been added?

Might be a bit paranoid and haven't had time ( have a 4 week old boy!) to properly go through car yet ( picked up car yesterday and getting opticoat on tues so will post photos shortly) but how do I tell if all the options I have picked are on the car? Especially since the model designation delete option that I choose did not happen so I am taking it back to the dealer tomorrow to take off. Want to know if they have left anything else off!

So i guess what I am asking is
- what does the M sport suspension look like? My springs are black in colour.
- how do I know I have adaptive suspension
- how do I know I have the ext blue tooth and music connectivity?
- the latest sat nav upgrade?
- the leather upgrade on the hand brake
- etc

Trying to spend some time with the car but getting hard with the little fella

Thanks
      02-17-2013, 01:35 AM   #2
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
  1. Not sure, but as you optioned the M Adaptive gear (it's great btw) you may look different to an M Sport without it.
  2. You can look for the mechanical signs, or you can just check via the options on the display when you switch driving modes.
  3. You will be able to stream music from your smartphone once it's paired.
  4. Can't help you with that. My dealer said they updated in December, but I don't know what the cycle is.
  5. It will look and smell like leather? :shrug:
  6. www.bmwvin.com

Hope this helped mate, enjoy the car!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 03:03 AM   #3
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

Dabaitu covered pretty much everything. I'll attempt to provide more info

You should feel a different comfort level of the suspensions driving in comfort then swapping to sports+

You will see stitching on hand brakes look below it and it will smell like leather

I am wanting to check for new sat Nav update too. Is the upgrade free ??
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 08:24 AM   #4
NK80
Private
Rep

Thanks everyone. Just spent the last hour going through the audio etc section of the forum to help with the Bluetooth side of things. A bit confusing but from what I have gathered on my car, streaming music via Bluetooth works but I don't get any other functionality apart from next and previous track on the I drive. I don't get artist, albumn choice etc. is this correct? Could not find answer in othe threads.

Haven't tried USB yet.
      02-17-2013, 01:38 PM   #5
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK80 View Post
Might be a bit paranoid and haven't had time to properly go through car yet ( picked up car yesterday)
Ok,

Congrats on your new baby and your new baby.
Your dealer sales person should have gone over the car with you to at least check off all options.

Then take a few minutes ad do what Dabaitu suggested:

bmwvin.com and follow prompts.

Enjoy.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 08:07 AM   #6
NK80
Private
Rep

Thanks all. I will get there. Went to the dealership today to get the model designation deleted and they scratched the panel slightly. Also going to get them to have a look at wind noise from a pillar shortly. Being first bmw not sure if it is normal. Opticoat tomorrow!
      02-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #7
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK80
Thanks all. I will get there. Went to the dealership today to get the model designation deleted and they scratched the panel slightly. Also going to get them to have a look at wind noise from a pillar shortly. Being first bmw not sure if it is normal. Opticoat tomorrow!
Ok I'm very surprised that the scratched the paint. =.= I am hearing more n more horror stories about these dealer mechanics recently.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 05:51 PM   #8
jctg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Sport BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK80 View Post
What a bunch of butchers. What did they use? A chisel?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #9
NK80
Private
Rep

yeah not having much luck - hopefully nothing major creeps up.. the opticoat guy just found a flaw on one of the rear windows - might be a tint thing.
      02-18-2013, 06:53 PM   #10
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 Xdrive30i M sport

I am still waiting for my car even though it was delivered to dock 3 days after yours!!

I will be doing the inspection of options when I pick up.

The adaptive suspension settings should be on the menu and highlighted in the chassis graphics from what I can tell.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 02:35 AM   #11
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep

Errr.... I now have a question not about options, but "standard" fit items.

I was looking at JonoNZ's pix and suddenly wondered wtf are the 9 speakers on my car?

Rear doors have one each, front doors have one near the door handle and one behind the wing mirror.

I "think" the grill in the middle of the dash is a speaker... So where are the remaining 2 meant to be?

I have a feeling the rear doors are missing some tweeters.

Also, i dont seem to have the "sports" readout under the vehicle setus menu. I thought all cars in the range should have that?

Also, is there a setting to have the headlights stay on when you unlock the car at night? I get a feeling the "welcome" doesnt quite work. Not sure.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 02:45 AM   #12
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60, Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKau View Post
Errr.... I now have a question not about options, but "standard" fit items.

I was looking at JonoNZ's pix and suddenly wondered wtf are the 9 speakers on my car?

Rear doors have one each, front doors have one near the door handle and one behind the wing mirror.

I "think" the grill in the middle of the dash is a speaker... So where are the remaining 2 meant to be?

I have a feeling the rear doors are missing some tweeters.

Also, i dont seem to have the "sports" readout under the vehicle setus menu. I thought all cars in the range should have that?

Also, is there a setting to have the headlights stay on when you unlock the car at night? I get a feeling the "welcome" doesnt quite work. Not sure.
With the HK system there is a subwoofer under each front seat.

Sports displays are only on Sport line and M Sport I believe -- though you can probably code them on.
BMW iX M60, Storm Bay with XPEL Stealth PPF, Exterior Line Titan Bronze, 1EW 22" 1023 Wheels, Amido Leather, Comfort Package, Interior Camera, Clear&Bold, Sun Protection Glazing, B&W Diamond Sound, Folding Towbar, Rear Axle Steering.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 02:47 AM   #13
dcg71
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Do you have subs under the front seats?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 02:54 AM   #14
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoNZ View Post
Sports displays are only on Sport line and M Sport I believe -- though you can probably code them on.
really??

Oh man that's a tease!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 02:55 AM   #15
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg71 View Post
Do you have subs under the front seats?
Just sprayed carpet protector so cant look tonight. I will check tomorrow after it has dried. Better hope so!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 03:26 AM   #16
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Under the Lights menu (I think) there's a setting for the interval that the lights stay on for, after you flick the left stalk toward you (same as high beam switch when driving).

For example, you enter your driveway or garage and it's dark, so once you've turned the car off you can flick the stalk to activate the headlights. They'll then turn off after the pre-determined interval.

Does this help?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 03:28 AM   #17
dcg71
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Quote:
Just sprayed carpet protector so cant look tonight. I will check tomorrow after it has dried. Better hope so!
Yeah you should have them. And congrats on the new beastie CKau. Let's see those pics!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 04:30 AM   #18
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
So where are the remaining 2 meant to be?
2 on rear Rear shelf
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 05:36 AM   #19
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep

...and jono, dcg71 and dabaitu are correct. They are under the front seats.

Well, just got home 10pm and took a look and saw a black grill in the floor under both seats. However, i dont think that's where the sound is coming from. Seems to be emanating from within the seats.

Anyway, no vibration was coming from the black grills so i chucked in a black eye peas CD and.... WOAH!!! How AWESOME is the HiFi system???? The bass is rich and undistorted!

I am very impressed! HK must be a step up yet again.

So with the BEP CD i think the vibes are coming from within the seat than the black grills.

I will verify with the dealer. I want to talk to him about my sports readout

Oh and sorry no pix... Got home late
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #20
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60, Macan Turbo

Quote:
...and jono, dcg71 and dabaitu are correct. They are under the front seats.

Well, just got home 10pm and took a look and saw a black grill in the floor under both seats. However, i dont think that's where the sound is coming from. Seems to be emanating from within the seats.

Anyway, no vibration was coming from the black grills so i chucked in a black eye peas CD and.... WOAH!!! How AWESOME is the HiFi system???? The bass is rich and undistorted!

I am very impressed! HK must be a step up yet again.

So with the BEP CD i think the vibes are coming from within the seat than the black grills.

I will verify with the dealer. I want to talk to him about my sports readout

Oh and sorry no pix... Got home late
Yeah I've heard the HiFi system is good, I've never actually heard one to be honest. I've got HK and all I can say is that it's pretty good -- much better than the HK in my partners MINI Countryman which was a little disappointing.
BMW iX M60, Storm Bay with XPEL Stealth PPF, Exterior Line Titan Bronze, 1EW 22" 1023 Wheels, Amido Leather, Comfort Package, Interior Camera, Clear&Bold, Sun Protection Glazing, B&W Diamond Sound, Folding Towbar, Rear Axle Steering.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 04:06 AM   #21
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabaitu View Post
Under the Lights menu (I think) there's a setting for the interval that the lights stay on for, after you flick the left stalk toward you (same as high beam switch when driving).

For example, you enter your driveway or garage and it's dark, so once you've turned the car off you can flick the stalk to activate the headlights. They'll then turn off after the pre-determined interval.

Does this help?
Hey dabaitu, that worked. After a few tries i found i not only have to pull back but also hold.

That's a better way cos after locking my golf in broad daylight i used to get ppl telling me all the time i left my lights on. It was amusing at first but wore off after a while.

Thanks for your help! Much appreciated... Was worried something was wrong.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 04:08 AM   #22
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hey dabaitu, that worked. After a few tries i found i not only have to pull back but also hold.

That's a better way cos after locking my golf in broad daylight i used to get ppl telling me all the time i left my lights on. It was amusing at first but wore off after a while.

Thanks for your help! Much appreciated... Was worried something was wrong.
No problem mate
Appreciate 0