F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > MPPSK with downpipe
ARMA SPEED

02-28-2018, 09:16 PM   #45
G.Newt
Major
Rep
Drives: CT4-V Blackwing 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusJ View Post
Thanks for sharing. With all due respects to those who did it (To each their own and I respect that), I LOVE my casual pops and bangs. But I would get bored very fast if I heard them this loud at every single gas release. This is WAY too much for me; just as loud as a catless dp; if not louder. I can handle being loud; but I dont like to attract attention this much.

There are some other videos that arent that loud; but this one almost scares me. Havent been pulled over in over 10 years. And I want my streak to continue...
It doesn't get boring, trust me lol. And if you keep it under 2.5k RPM it's not obnoxious, but it's also no secret you're driving a hot bimmer.
DAW v2.5 turbo E40 | Dorch S2 | VRSF DP | MST intake | AWE catback | 335is clutch | CSF heat exchanger | RK Autowerks intake manifold | Orange M Perf Brake Kit | KW Street Comfort coilovers | GTS taillights V2
Appreciate 2
wassy497.50
      02-28-2018, 11:11 PM   #46
wassy4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Newt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusJ View Post
Thanks for sharing. With all due respects to those who did it (To each their own and I respect that), I LOVE my casual pops and bangs. But I would get bored very fast if I heard them this loud at every single gas release. This is WAY too much for me; just as loud as a catless dp; if not louder. I can handle being loud; but I dont like to attract attention this much.

There are some other videos that arent that loud; but this one almost scares me. Havent been pulled over in over 10 years. And I want my streak to continue...
It doesn't get boring, trust me lol. And if you keep it under 2.5k RPM it's not obnoxious, but it's also no secret you're driving a hot bimmer.
Yep, exactly this. The burbles are decently loud even in low rpms but not super obnoxious until you let off around 5-6k.

Previous - 2016 340i M-Sport | AWE Tuning Touring Edition Exhaust w/ Non-Resonated Performance Mid Pipe | Agency Power Intake | Active Autowerke Activ-8 | VRSF Catless Downpipe
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2018, 07:45 PM   #47
ocN55
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i 6MT/ '16 M3

Assuming you trick the car with the O2 sensor spacer to avoid CEL.
Is there any reason to believe that the car will have throttle closure issues with a catless DP and stock tuning?
      03-11-2018, 08:58 PM   #48
wassy4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocN55 View Post
Assuming you trick the car with the O2 sensor spacer to avoid CEL.
Is there any reason to believe that the car will have throttle closure issues with a catless DP and stock tuning?
It won't. I occasionally drive my catless dp on stock tune and it's smooth as always, just more responsive.

Previous - 2016 340i M-Sport | AWE Tuning Touring Edition Exhaust w/ Non-Resonated Performance Mid Pipe | Agency Power Intake | Active Autowerke Activ-8 | VRSF Catless Downpipe
Appreciate 0