F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > How do I order adaptive M suspension on 335i? Dealer can't figure out, not on bmwusa
GetBMWParts

03-19-2012, 09:20 PM   #1
verbs
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

How do I order adaptive M suspension on 335i? Dealer can't figure out, not on bmwusa

First off my dealer is confused. Their guy who is the "in house trained expert" can't figure out how to add the M adaptive suspension to a car build, even though I gave them the code 2VF. They tried adding it to their internal configurator and I guess it caused an error or something....no MSRP showed up.

Is there a trick to ordering this?

Also, is there a way to order staggered 18" wheels/tires at this moment? I'm aware of the 400M style wheels/tires but I can't find them anywhere. I'd rather not go with the 19" wheels to get something bigger than 225's on the rear if I can avoid it.

Lastly, I saw no additional info on the M-brakes yet, so assuming those aren't available yet?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #2
MacAttackBMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 Sport Line - Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbs
First off my dealer is confused. Their guy who is the "in house trained expert" can't figure out how to add the M adaptive suspension to a car build, even though I gave them the code 2VF. They tried adding it to their internal configurator and I guess it caused an error or something....no MSRP showed up.

Also, is there a way to order staggered 18" wheels/tires at this moment? I'm aware of the 400M style wheels/tires but I can't find them anywhere. I'd rather not go with the 19" wheels to get something bigger than 225's on the rear if I can avoid it.

Lastly, I saw no additional info on the M-brakes yet, so assuming those aren't available yet?
As far as ordering the adaptive suspension - there's no trick. Get a new dealer.

On the wheels, your only option for staggered wheels at this point is the 19" wheels.

Lastly, you can't yet order the brakes. Probably good because the M performance brakes look to be better than the M Sport brakes. Wait for those.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #3
pcbrew
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i 6MT

What Line are you ordering?
  • Adaptive M-Sport (2VF) is only available on the Sport Line. It wasn't listed in the "build-your-own" options list the last time I checked but your dealer can order. It's on my 335i Sport Line order sheet.
  • 400M wheels will be the standard wheels for the M-Sport line, which is not available until 2013 model year, production starting in July. They are not available as options on other lines.
  • The only option for staggered tires outside M-Sport are the 19" 401 wheels, but these can only be ordered on 335i (any line)
  • M-Sport brakes are will only be available as option on the M-Sport line, AFAIK.
  • The M Performance brakes should be available as dealer installed accessory

Last edited by pcbrew; 03-19-2012 at 10:40 PM.. Reason: added 401 option
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 11:33 PM   #4
MacAttackBMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 Sport Line - Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcbrew
  • Adaptive M-Sport (2VF) is only available on the Sport Line. It wasn't listed in the "build-your-own" options list the last time I checked but your dealer can order. It's on my 335i Sport Line order sheet.
  • 400M wheels will be the standard wheels for the M-Sport line, which is not available until 2013 model year, production starting in July. They are not available as options on other lines.
  • The only option for staggered tires outside M-Sport are the 19" 401 wheels, but these can only be ordered on 335i (any line)
  • M-Sport brakes are will only be available as option on the M-Sport line, AFAIK.
That's a good question / observation. I assumed you are ordering a sport line - else the M suspension would not be an option. My bad - just thought it was a given.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 12:30 PM   #5
verbs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcbrew View Post
Sport line was the only line I would consider anyway, thanks guys!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 06:03 PM   #6
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp IOMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbs View Post

My dealer had trouble finding it. In their ordering system it is listed under the sport line option. it is not listed with the other options. he showed me the screen and where it was when I placed my order.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #7
joey8781
Joe
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Sedan

My CA is also having trouble ordering this option for me. I ordered a US spec 335i Sport Line and, after much consideration, I'm trying to have him add the M Adaptive Suspension. I explained that he could find it under the Sport Line package in their ordering system (as explained above) , but he says it "gives him an error" and won't allow him to add it to the order. Any suggestions? If anyone knows the exact procedure to follow, I'd be very appreciative.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2012, 10:30 PM   #8
verbs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey8781 View Post
My CA is also having trouble ordering this option for me. I ordered a US spec 335i Sport Line and, after much consideration, I'm trying to have him add the M Adaptive Suspension. I explained that he could find it under the Sport Line package in their ordering system (as explained above) , but he says it "gives him an error" and won't allow him to add it to the order. Any suggestions? If anyone knows the exact procedure to follow, I'd be very appreciative.
There's a package now that combines the M-sport suspension and variable steering. It's $1000.

ZDH Dynamic Handling Package
2VF Adaptive M Suspension
2VL Variable sport steering
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 10:12 PM   #9
mikewu38
Registered
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 335xi M sport

Can i still order the m adaptive suspension if i already got my car???...i forgot to add it when i ordered it...n the m performance parts of suspension kit is too expensive(1900) compare to the m adaptive suspension(1000)..
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 12:21 AM   #10
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Select 335i --> Choose Dynamic Handling Package. That's all it takes if you are buying an F30.

If you are trying to configure an E92, it's not offered.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 12:32 AM   #11
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewu38 View Post
Can i still order the m adaptive suspension if i already got my car???...i forgot to add it when i ordered it...n the m performance parts of suspension kit is too expensive(1900) compare to the m adaptive suspension(1000)..
You do realize that the $1000 is for the upgrade when you configure it and not the price for the actual product?

You have to change A LOT of stuff to add that as a retrofit so it will become way more expensive than the M Performance Suspension (which is not available for the X-drive if I'm not mistaken).
Appreciate 0