F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > STOP(!)... Polizei 428i Coupe
proTUNING Freaks

01-01-2014, 08:12 AM   #23
seamasters
seamasters
Australia
Rep
Drives: M5 F90 COMP , M4 Mineral White

and why does a 428i need quad exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2014, 02:23 PM   #24
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panoz View Post
It always sounds pretty funny when people from states talks about high taxes... U dont know what "high taxes" means if u havent been in europe . In a short while we'll be paying for the volume of air we breathe

High taxes, like high prices are relative. I got used to zero-percent sales tax in Deleware and 4% in Virginia. Now VA has increased their rate and it seems expensive, even though it's nearly 9% in Texas.

I don't stress over VAT, GST and PST because I get them refunded. If I just don't want to declare a personal purchase, I just get over it. Of course, I don't have to purchase the thing either.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 07:38 AM   #25
infamousq
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibd12nv View Post
Having lived in Germany for three years I can assure you that you do NOT want to be pulled over by one of these guys. Chances are you won't because cameras track all movement. Ticket in the mail.
Chief is dead right you only know you got caught cause of your smiling face and the plate will be visible in the ticket when you get it in the mail....they rarely pull people over for speeding unless you doing something reckless.....
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 09:49 PM   #26
F87_LCI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB F87

2014 BMW...
1984 Car Phone...
Must have blown the budget on those sweet chromed bimmerangs.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2014, 11:47 AM   #27
JohnnyM1104
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 White/ Sak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuz5150
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyM1104 View Post
Awesome! When is the us going to get police cars like this! Still won't catch the F10 M5!

Having cops in the US tool around with BMW's = Property taxes will double.
Thats not going to happen. BTW: i see you are from FL, enjoy your states dirt low property taxes. We are drowning in high property taxes up here in the police state, aka north east
Wasn't serous! I move to south Florida about 2 years ago from CT!!! Loving it ever since especially because I can drive the beast year around
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2014, 12:19 PM   #28
shoptb
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 G01 X3 m40i

clearly a show car....putting those rims on a cop car would be stupid
      01-06-2014, 06:58 PM   #29
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoptb View Post
clearly a show car....putting those rims on a cop car would be stupid
Its actually a safety program PSA thing. Over here in Germany you are not allowed to change ANYTHING unless you get TÜV approval. That not only means the part meets TÜV, but you have to show the TÜV certificate that came with said parts(mod) and then PAY to get that part listed in your car's registration paperwork.

IF you get pulled over by a German Polizei over here and they check your wheels for proper offset(ET) tire sizes, air filter, lowered ride height... it can be a big time ticket: points plus a fine PLUS you must get a new inspection within ten days. The Polizei can also impound your car for further inspection at a local TÜV place - IF they feel like it. Its no joke over here modding ones car.

The "Tune it Safe" cars were done up as "tuned" Polizei cars to show the tuning public WHAT is possible when you tune your car "the right way" and have proper documentation. Every year they choose a "hot" selling car for their adverts in many tuning car mags.

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2014, 07:13 PM   #30
btbossman
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi M sport--2014 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Its actually a safety program PSA thing. Over here in Germany you are not allowed to change ANYTHING unless you get TÜV approval. That not only means the part meets TÜV, but you have to show the TÜV certificate that came with said parts(mod) and then PAY to get that part listed in your car's registration paperwork.

IF you get pulled over by a German Polizei over here and they check your wheels for proper offset(ET) tire sizes, air filter, lowered ride height... it can be a big time ticket: points plus a fine PLUS you must get a new inspection within ten days. The Polizei can also impound your car for further inspection at a local TÜV place - IF they feel like it. Its no joke over here modding ones car.

The "Tune it Safe" cars were done up as "tuned" Polizei cars to show the tuning public WHAT is possible when you tune your car "the right way" and have proper documentation. Every year they choose a "hot" selling car for their adverts in many tuning car mags.

Dackel
Woe that is crazy!!!! So do you encounter lots of tuned cars over there, and to what extent?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2014, 07:40 PM   #31
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by btbossman View Post
Woe that is crazy!!!! So do you encounter lots of tuned cars over there, and to what extent?

It is crazy but the sad facts of Life with dealing with the TUV and with the Polizei. It use to be that you could only buy/use the specific tires(size AND brand/model) that the auto manufacture listed in the car's paperwork. Now that has been loosened somewhat. Now you need to use the actual tire size and specs Y91, V89, etc. Not just the proper tire size... but the actual load rating and speed rated tire the car maker specs for that model car.

As for tuned cars... yes you see them. Car culture life over here is simular to say LA. Its just the car tuning laws are much more enforced. Like when a bunch of guys hold a car show... the polizei will set up a check point and check a lot of the tuned cars to make sure everyone is playing it "safe".

Like these weekly cars show in Nurnberg....

Streetculture Tuning Event - in Nuernberg
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=434211

Street Culture Nürnberg XXXLutz evening car show...
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=765808

A friend of mine with a tuned 120d e82 coupe, was running around with 19 inch wheels that were not approved nor did he have any paperwork for them. ie no TUV. He got caught up in one of these "spot" inspections while leaving the above Street Culture event... his tires were sticking out maybe 10mm in the front and the rears rubbed. The Polizei impounded his car at 12am at night and he had to take the train home - an hour away. It was also six points on his driver's lic and he had to pay a fine plus get his car reinspected (~$140) for TUV. He was not happy.

Dack
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2014, 08:00 PM   #32
Thlian
Second Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: 320d XDrive AT Touring M-Sport

Try 25% taxes on everything you buy? ALL of it, taxes for this and that, one time fees for extra equipment in the car when ordering in a new etc.....

Property taxes/fees on wealth you don`t have as property, it`s just a huge loaner!

That does`t stop our police (similar to US Highway Patrol) in driving around in cars marked with S and RS´es, AMG, M........and they aren`t the ones with uniform! Pretty sneaky too, you don`t see them until they start firing those blue flashes
      01-06-2014, 11:55 PM   #33
btbossman
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi M sport--2014 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlian View Post
Try 25% taxes on everything you buy? ALL of it, taxes for this and that, one time fees for extra equipment in the car when ordering in a new etc.....

Property taxes/fees on wealth you don`t have as property, it`s just a huge loaner!

That does`t stop our police (similar to US Highway Patrol) in driving around in cars marked with S and RS´es, AMG, M........and they aren`t the ones with uniform! Pretty sneaky too, you don`t see them until they start firing those blue flashes
Damn, God bless the USA!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 11:42 AM   #34
shoptb
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 G01 X3 m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post

Dackel
Thanks for the insight -- das ist eine fantastische Idee!