F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Side Mirrors and Blindspot Coverage
GetBMWParts

05-18-2017, 09:27 PM   #23
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
As far as I can recall this is the first post with this issue I have seen on either of the two bimmer forums that I frequent.

What year model was your E91? This is the side mirror that's on my 2006 E90. It is a small mirror. I have it adjusted as the various posts here show and I have no blind spot issues.

I can't figure out what problems you could be having with the F3x mirrors. I have driven dozens of F3x cars. I always adjust the mirrors correctly before driving. I have never had a blind spot issue with an F3x.
Attached Images

member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

Last edited by tturedraider; 05-18-2017 at 09:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2017, 04:41 AM   #24
Patrick852
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 15 320iED, 18 X2 sDrive20i MSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopersF15 View Post
I'm regretting not finding a car with Driver assistance plus...

These side mirrors are bloody hopeless and don't give a wide enough field of vision. Yes, I look over my shoulder loads before changing lanes - but in LA, there is always some idiot who dives right into your blind spot from 3 lanes over even though you indicate and you were already in the lane before they were....

Or some fuckwit cuts you up when you look over your shoulder...

Rant over....

The aspherical mirrors are way too expensive ...but they seem to be "euro spec"? So....if I was going to the U.K. soon I could order some U.K. Units from ebay and just swap the glass out - yes or no? Or do I need to order from a LHD country?

The U.K. Left and right mirrors appear to be symmetrical in terms of the mirror optics but I can't be sure.

Any help would be appreciated - such as LHD specific aspherical mirror part numbers etc

Cheers
When I visit my friend in L.A, I've driven his F31, the side mirrors were significantly smaller than my F30 in Hong Kong (Euro Spec), it was shorter and flat. Mine is having 1/4 convex on the outer side. I measured it, it is a foot stretch out from the door. The U.S spec mirror not only shorter and the surface is flat, which leaves a hugh blind spot if I adjust it the way I used to (seeing my car).
I was surprise to learn that F3x have two sizes of side mirrors.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2017, 06:03 AM   #25
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

One thought: It may not be your mirrors causing you issues. Are you sitting too low in the car? Improper seat height can cause issues seeing out into the world...
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2017, 11:37 AM   #26
CoopersF15
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 Xdrive 40e Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1042 View Post
One thought: It may not be your mirrors causing you issues. Are you sitting too low in the car? Improper seat height can cause issues seeing out into the world...

Interesting - I'll have to assess that again maybe. I don't low ride and lounge back but I'm certainly lower in the car than usual - similar position to how I used to sit in my E91 but I'm coming from an SUV to this, in which my seating position was very different. Discounting the vantage point and difference that provides, I will also try boosting up a bit and see how that works

I'm glad some others feel like the mirror is small and obviously the flat nature doesn't help, it's not just me being crazy!!
      05-19-2017, 12:04 PM   #27
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
seat and mirror positioning from the ///M School -
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!