F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Opinion of BMW Dealers
Extreme Powerhouse

09-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #23
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
I agree on Audi customer attitude.....in general it sucks. Of course there are a few exceptions.
Flagship Store: West London Audi. Hopelessly hopeless bunch of arrogant, ignorant mammals wandering around as if it was feeding time. As for the products, well, they all looked the same apart from the R8. I've never felt so bored.
      09-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #24
mgarvey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Renault Megane

I'm now on my 6th car from the same BMW/Mini dealer (Wood in Hampshire) and have been treated very well. Yes, they've made the odd cock-up, and not every deal has been as sharp as it could be, but I have always been made to feel valued, from my first car to my current one.

It is also noticeable that the dealer has a close-knit team. I've been going there 10 years and not only have I had the same salesman all that time, but the Business Manager and most other sales and service staff have been there a long time and are very helpful.

Just last week, post sale, I took in my V5 documents so I could put my personal plates on the car. My normal salesman was with a customer and the Sales Manager and Business Manager both went out of their way to sort the paperwork out for me, when they probably had more important things to be doing.

Similarly, when I went to sign the finance papers for the F30, the salesman who sold me my previous Mini was in the business managers office, and there proceded some light hearted and quite amusing banter between them about how they knew I'd go back to a BMW after the Mini, but I'd probably want a Mini again in a few years.

Its those 'tiny noticeable things' that make the difference between a good dealer and a great one.

Previous: F30 318d Sport, R56 MINI Dooper 2010, E93 325i M-Sport auto 2007, E91 320d SE 2005, E46 318Ci Coupe 2002
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 02:17 AM   #25
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Garage List
I'd have to agree with the "it depends on the people" view.

For starters, my local BMW dealership is pretty good. Ordered back in March, did one spec change then a correction as they'd left out the folding mirrors but all got sorted. Once or twice I didn't hear anything for a while, but a quick email or call usually got things moving. Delivery date was changed only once (5 week delay) but they kept me informed. Hand-over was good.

As to Audi dealerships, well I'd almost go as far as saying that my experiences with 5 Audi dealerships in Sussex and Surrey has left me feeling I will NEVER again buy an Audi, not even if they gave me a 50% discount!! Utter cowboys who shouldn't even be in business, and Audi UK are no better

Best (and worst) experience I had was with a local Lexus dealership. Bought an IS200 then bought an IS300 and both transactions were faultless - the dealership was really proactive both before and after I got the cars. Interestingly, during my IS300 ownership the dealership changed hands and practically the whole team changed over a period of months, subsequently customer service fell through the floor (to the extent that I had to involve the new dealership manager who was the most arrogant s.o.b. I'd ever encountered) which reinforces my view that it's the people not the brand.

The true test of any dealership is how they look after you when things go wrong and sadly that's where most seem to fall down.

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 12:52 PM   #26
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xD

I hate Audi dealers too Seems a fairly unanimous assessment of Audi UK

Best have been Porsche and Ford. Worst: Audi and Land Rover.
      09-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #27
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroAl View Post
I hate Audi dealers too Seems a fairly unanimous assessment of Audi UK

Best have been Porsche and Ford. Worst: Audi and Land Rover.
I agree.

Audi seemed to be such a inane, cretin bunch. Knew next to nothing. When I quizzed them, they were at a total loss to answer my questions. I pressed them further and further and I could see the utter hate and anger in their faces! This is perfect, I thought. I am really enjoying this! I then wound them up beautifully, much to the amusement of my ex. We then left the pathetic Audi edifice in total satisfaction of not having chosen one of their one dimensional products and hopefully never, ever to visit them again.

I am such a bad person!
      09-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #28
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Lately I have no idea what Audi is about, they have soooo many models A1-A8, then the Q's

...and then they have fallen victim to their own 'Front wheel drive is best' policy. The 3.0TDi only puts out a piffling 204bhp in front wheel drive form. If you want the more (normal for BM and MB) powerful versions it has to be in Quottro form, which nails you in the economy figures. Crazy. What were Porsche thinking buying VAG shares.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #29
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Lately I have no idea what Audi is about, they have soooo many models A1-A8, then the Q's

...and then they have fallen victim to their own 'Front wheel drive is best' policy. The 3.0TDi only puts out a piffling 204bhp in front wheel drive form. If you want the more (normal for BM and MB) powerful versions it has to be in Quottro form, which nails you in the economy figures. Crazy. What were Porsche thinking buying VAG shares.
Money, my good man, MONEY. Lots of it!
Audi makes all the profits for VAG, even though the VW brand sells more cars. Now Porsche will fill the coffers with a bit more lolly.

Audi should really be named Aldi!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2012, 03:14 AM   #30
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
I agree.

Audi seemed to be such a inane, cretin bunch. Knew next to nothing. When I quizzed them, they were at a total loss to answer my questions. I pressed them further and further and I could see the utter hate and anger in their faces! This is perfect, I thought. I am really enjoying this! I then wound them up beautifully, much to the amusement of my ex. We then left the pathetic Audi edifice in total satisfaction of not having chosen one of their one dimensional products and hopefully never, ever to visit them again.

I am such a bad person!
I know just what you mean, I was an "Audi Man" for 5 years, the service at first was good, as the years went by it was going down hill fast and finally when I wanted the B7 RS4 I wanted to trade my 7 month old A8 4.2Diesel Sport, I was offered 18K less than I paid for it, I questioned there attitude and decision, was told markets changed and thats all I will be offered, after 5 years and 6 new audi's all high end I dumped them, went to BMW got 11K MORE for my PX and never looked back.
Since my departure all the good sales team and engineers have all moved on due to a very arrogant change in attitudes of senior sales and Management.
      09-11-2012, 07:41 AM   #31
mgarvey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Renault Megane

Here's one of the 'tiny noticeable things' I mentioned earlier.

DVLA have finally sent me the V5 for my new car with my personal plate transferred. I took it to Wood this morning expecting them to sort out the new plates for me over the coming days. The admin assistant asks me to take a seat for a few minutes.

Five minutes later she comes out with my new tax disc and the number plates (that they'd made already), and a tech comes out to fit them on the spot.

So in ten minutes my whole query is dealt with, and I go away with my new plates and no need for a return visit. That is what I call service!

Previous: F30 318d Sport, R56 MINI Dooper 2010, E93 325i M-Sport auto 2007, E91 320d SE 2005, E46 318Ci Coupe 2002
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2012, 07:50 AM   #32
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Yep, Wood are very good.
Shame they cant do me a good deal on a new 330d though. But I think everywhere is the same.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 02:23 AM   #33
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Yeah you misssed the boat there. But then we were telling you that a few weeks ago

The deal prices of the F30 330D have shot up to F31 levels now. It's shocking.

Last edited by MaestroAl; 09-12-2012 at 12:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 02:43 AM   #34
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroAl View Post
Yeah you misssed the boat there. But then we were telling you that a few weeks ago

The deal prices of the 33F30 0D have shot up to F31 levels now. It's shocking.
Yep, I know.
I think I'll hang on now and wait till BMW contribute some discount towards some money off (like what happened when I bought mine). My PCP runs for another couple of years and my car only costs me £335 a month due to a large deposit I put down when I bought it. I think a new F30 330d will cost around £100 a month more as I'll put less deposit in and the fact the missus just bought a new Fiesta doesn't help.

I never got offered a decent deal anyway. They kept edging up my part ex price but nothing like the lease deals that were available. Then the lease deals didnt suit me as the spec that I would be forced to have wasnt to my taste. The last lease company I spoke to last week were supposed to email me what 330d's they had left and their spec's - but never got an email so they cant be that bothered.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #35
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

What a pity. The deals were amazing either for leasing or buying the F30 330d M Sport. There were 110 build slots I was told for these cars and they got snapped up within 3 weeks.

There are new deals for the F30 320d M Sport now. Buy or lease from: http://www.centralukvehicleleasing.co.uk/
      09-12-2012, 01:50 PM   #36
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

I guess the discounts were due to low car sales, and dealers trying to get numbers up on 2012 deliveries. As all 330D slots for 2012 are now gone, they aren't interested in silly discounts.

Most dealers seem to have 320D MSports in the showroom, so could potentially do a deal on those.

Mercedes must be having big 2012 shortfalls, as every week I get invited to a 'crazy discount event'. I negotiated nearly £5500 off a new Merc without too much bother.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #37
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

I never got to the bottom of why pricing was so low but it was for M Sport model F30s. Engine size or fuel type didn't matter.
      09-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #38
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Damn, I should have bought two then.....a manual 335i would have made a lovely weekend car
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 03:43 PM   #39
flc1962
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M Sport 420d

Walked out of the AUDI and Merc places and went back to where I got my first BM from 18 months earlier. In hindsight I would have gone else where if I knew how things would go a little off piest.

One thing to remember if they apologise make sure its not in the guise of

Sorry Mr H ALL I can do is apologise, my show room manager said that to me to which I replied " no its not all you can do its what you choose to do" once he got over his embarrasment he told me I'll never say that again and asked me what he could do to sort out the problem, needless to say he over exceeded my want and made me a happy bunny. Never let anyone say that to you as its not true.

A VW showroom manager once also did that after I needed to return a car 3 time in a month due to their error on the paint work. (long story) I ended up with my fuel costs refuned and a little extra, as long as you stay polite and have a valid point/problem 99% of people can't handle you, once you get annoyed or loose your temper you've lost.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #40
Deyvy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 M340

Nothing but good things to say about my dealer and salesmen.

Great service, regular updates or when anything changed. Good discount.

Probably helped that he was a relatively new salesman (young) so we were both pretty enthusiastic about me buying the car I bought.

Long may the good relationship continue.

Think that because it's a small showroom, it doesn't get really busy so service is very good which translates in to a very good customer experience.

Audi showroom in Manchester is massive, if its busy you could spend all day in there and no one would ask you if you needed any help.
      12-21-2012, 05:36 PM   #41
kitster
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 M Sport

My local Audi garage was the pits, I just got blanked all the time, really pissed me off. Also they kept on tell me they didn't need to give discounts to shift the cars.

Anyway it ends a good note, the dealership was shut down a few months back. Website says the dealership was such a huge success they decided to move it blah blah blah.

hahahaha

My BMW salesperson was excellent, he gave good advice, kept me informed of progress and importantly gave me a nice discount off the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 03:30 AM   #42
Royal748
England
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320d M Sport

Good service up north

Well seems the midlands & south are hit and miss with dealerships. I have nothing but praise for not only BMW & AUDI in Carlisle which I have done business with over a number of years. I do feel it is luck getting the right sales person and sticking with them if they don't move to another dealership. My worst experience was with my local BMW/MINI dealership who were very arrogant and unhelpful. Their loss though.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 04:18 AM   #43
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

I am afraid both my local Audi and BMW dealerships are very very poor, thats Cooper Norwich and Robinsons AUDI, both arrogant and neither offer any discounts of worth.
      12-22-2012, 10:53 AM   #44
edz_f06
Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: F06 640d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal748 View Post
Well seems the midlands & south are hit and miss with dealerships. I have nothing but praise for not only BMW & AUDI in Carlisle which I have done business with over a number of years. I do feel it is luck getting the right sales person and sticking with them if they don't move to another dealership. My worst experience was with my local BMW/MINI dealership who were very arrogant and unhelpful. Their loss though.
I've had nothing but good experience with my local BMW/MINI dealer for this purchase and my previous one (which I think is the dealer Royal refers to) but I also know people who have found them unhelpful. Not sure what the issue is unless it is back to the luck of a certain salesman as I've only found them good.