F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > She's on her way to port of exit!
proTUNING Freaks

05-01-2012, 09:00 AM   #1
RedlineSi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

She's on her way to port of exit!

Getting pretty excited! The BMW NA phone line seems to work the best. My online page still says car is in production. I asked my CA if he could get me the ships name. If not, how in the world can I find out? I don't have a VIN yet.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 09:32 AM   #2
ric124
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 BSM MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlineSi View Post
Getting pretty excited! The BMW NA phone line seems to work the best. My online page still says car is in production. I asked my CA if he could get me the ships name. If not, how in the world can I find out? I don't have a VIN yet.
Your CA has the ship name, shipping company, Vin#, ETA for port of arrival, etc
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 11:22 PM   #3
kjoseph270
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 XDrive 40i MSport

They normally won't have the ship's name until the shipping company checks it in for shipment. Mine has been sitting in port for over a week and still in limbo. Anyone know how much WW tracking lags behind? I type in the first part of the VIN that gives it a generic 3 series, for example "WBA3C1C52C%", and there are cars listed there with a status of "received at terminal", but when you click on the voyage, the ship sailed over a week ago! That gives me a little hope I guess, but just sucks having that void of status!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 01:22 AM   #4
live4wknds
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjoseph270 View Post
They normally won't have the ship's name until the shipping company checks it in for shipment. Mine has been sitting in port for over a week and still in limbo. Anyone know how much WW tracking lags behind? I type in the first part of the VIN that gives it a generic 3 series, for example "WBA3C1C52C%", and there are cars listed there with a status of "received at terminal", but when you click on the voyage, the ship sailed over a week ago! That gives me a little hope I guess, but just sucks having that void of status!
According to phone status, mine has been there for a few days and is also headed to Cal. I'll be at my dealer this weekend so I'll ask for a more current status from him.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 07:27 AM   #5
gator15
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
The WW website tracking has no lag time. I dropped my car off last Thursday in Munich (I did ED). The WW website on Saturday showed that it had arrived at the port and was booked on a ship that was departing today. You just need your VIN and if it has been booked on a ship, it will give you all of that information.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 02:49 PM   #6
kjoseph270
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator15 View Post
The WW website tracking has no lag time. I dropped my car off last Thursday in Munich (I did ED). The WW website on Saturday showed that it had arrived at the port and was booked on a ship that was departing today. You just need your VIN and if it has been booked on a ship, it will give you all of that information.
Well maybe not for you..but like I said, there are a bunch of 3 series that have the status of "received at port of exit" that haven't updated as being shipped, even though they are already on a ship that has departed. There are no others listed since the 27th of April (mine's been there since 21 Apr). I have my VIN and status just says awaiting transportation, so I assume it hasn't been slated for a ship yet. But there are other cars there that at least get checked in so just some incomplete data there. I don't know what their process is, so I can only guess. The curse of being on the west coast I guess. If I read the schedules right, looks like the next WW ship leaves 5 May, which means another month of waiting.

Only other possibility is maybe on NYK? Not sure who else does west coast...

Last edited by kjoseph270; 05-02-2012 at 02:54 PM.. Reason: add'l info
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #7
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Quote:
Well maybe not for you..but like I said, there are a bunch of 3 series that have the status of "received at port of exit" that haven't updated as being shipped, even though they are already on a ship that has departed. There are no others listed since the 27th of April (mine's been there since 21 Apr). I have my VIN and status just says awaiting transportation, so I assume it hasn't been slated for a ship yet. But there are other cars there that at least get checked in so just some incomplete data there. I don't know what their process is, so I can only guess. The curse of being on the west coast I guess. If I read the schedules right, looks like the next WW ship leaves 5 May, which means another month of waiting.

Only other possibility is maybe on NYK? Not sure who else does west coast...
Mine arrived at the port on 4/19, so you were only 2 days after that. I did get on the 4/27 ship (NYK) . It should arrive in Port Hueneme on 5/24.

I've heard that ship assignment notifications can get delayed, so cross your fingers.

I ordered on 3/16 and production finished on 4/11 (a week delay) so it will be a full 11+ weeks from order to delivery.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #8
kjoseph270
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
Mine arrived at the port on 4/19, so you were only 2 days after that. I did get on the 4/27 ship (NYK) . It should arrive in Port Hueneme on 5/24.

I've heard that ship assignment notifications can get delayed, so cross your fingers.

I ordered on 3/16 and production finished on 4/11 (a week delay) so it will be a full 11+ weeks from order to delivery.
sweet! Guess you deserve it after waiting for so long. I was lucky, mine got into production 2 days after ordered, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

I called my CA, I wish I was on the same ship but I doubt it, CA still shows it waiting as well.
Appreciate 0