F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Washer fluid low warning on Cold Morning
Extreme Powerhouse

02-15-2014, 07:13 PM   #89
Ryan T.
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '18 F82 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHCCubs View Post
This. Added a bit of the blue stuff and haven't had any warnings since.
Unfortunately now my warning won't go off no matter what fluid I use. Sensor must be bad. I made a service appointment for next week.
      02-15-2014, 09:19 PM   #90
Acme
Registered
Rep
Drives: F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan T. View Post
Filled up with Rain X this weekend and now I have this issue. Sounds like the cheap fix is just to buy some blue stuff, huh?
Me too. I put in a whole gallon of Rain X, and the fluid low light goes on. The dealership drained the Rain-X out & refilled the tank with their fluid.

The service advisor said, just bring the car by now and then and we will check the air in the tires and top off the washer fluid for you.

Acme
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 09:27 PM   #91
Acme
Registered
Rep
Drives: F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
The headlights are fixed.
A bolt had snapped in the suspension for the level sensor. No damage had been done to it (ie. ice or snow) and it sits quite protected in the engine bay, so the theory of the service department is material failure - simply a bad bolt.
Here's a little-known fact...

We all know that the adaptive headlight levelling sensor is located on lower arm of the front suspension of the 2014 F30 sedan. But if you look under the bumper of a 2014 F31 Touring (i.e. Sport Wagon), you won't see it. So where is it?

On the rear suspension.

Acme
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 02:49 PM   #92
Ryan T.
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '18 F82 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan T. View Post
Unfortunately now my warning won't go off no matter what fluid I use. Sensor must be bad. I made a service appointment for next week.
Diagnosis: new washer bottle and sensor. Luckily for me they had it in stock. Seems like these things fail at a little higher than normal rate.