F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > How to get Enhance Bluetooth and USB on F30 without Tech Package
ARMA SPEED

01-20-2014, 09:06 PM   #45
carconvert
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Luxury Line

I cant get album art over BT -- only via USB when embedded in the mp3
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 09:49 PM   #46
robgutie328i
Private
Rep
Drives: Mel Red 2014 BMW 328i MSport

Ok cool thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2014, 11:20 PM   #47
robgutie328i
Private
Rep

Quick questions anyone having iPhone loose connection via lighting cable when you move it around and then reconnect automatically. It's a bit annoying. Gonna try a few other cables in morning to see if it's not the wire but I'm pretty sure it's a good cable
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 10:56 PM   #48
alenda2675
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i M Sport

Hey There - Can I just ask a quick question on this thread? I have read through it a few times and before I call my dealer and have him add the NAV option (which I do NOT want to do since I prefer using my phone) can someone please confirm if my MY2014 435 without the NAV option will have this COMBOX? I would prefer to simply pay $180 to have it re-programmed to now include the Bluetooth Audio functionality? Also, will this enhancement to the programming include the coding so that it will not be overwritten when a dealer makes an update? I literally just put my deposit down this evening and I am already stressing over not spending the $3000 for this feature. Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 12:51 PM   #49
mikepisko
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 340xi Sedan MSport

I can't speak for the 435 but if it comes standard with BMW Assist then you should have the commbox in the trunk. That is how my 2014 335 MSport came. The 180 included the ethernet OBD cable and them remoting into my PC and performing the coding on the car. They don't garrantee it not getting wiped out if the dealer does a program upgrade but they said they would recode it for 99 bucks. There are a couple threads on here on how to use esys to code it yourself just never got around to trying it.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2014, 03:17 PM   #50
doug piston
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 320

Just figured out my password to thank you for this thread. I have just ordered it and am very excited.

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2014, 04:29 PM   #51
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by carconvert View Post
I cant get album art over BT -- only via USB when embedded in the mp3
Album Art over A2DP is only possible with the NBT Nav.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 08:40 AM   #52
robgutie328i
Private
Rep

So i had a problem with my 2014 where the gas wasnt getting sent correctly in the engine resulting in power loss. The dealer said they had to update the cars software. I thought this would wipe my coding but when i got it back all was well and still had everything working. I do have problems with EBT where i have to forget my phone repeatedly to get that option to work but since i have album art i ususally connect through USB. i tried asking this question on another thread but ill ask it here about hard drives. Do they need to be in any specific format like FAT? Or can this coding even access HDs other than phones?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2014, 12:00 PM   #53
delaniso
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330d xdrive

Going slightly back to a topic mantioned earlier...we have an f30 with professional media, no enhanced bluetooth.

when we ordered the car, were told there was no need for enhanced as pr media includes bluetooth phone and audio...there is no bluetooth audio, car was delivered July 2013.

Seems like coding is a possibility, and seems to have been done successfully, eg with mikepisko in this thread. Does anyone know of anyone based in the UK who does it in person? I'm already aware of options where they send the code online from eg bimmertech.

Also, anyone know of other cool features that can be unlocked on professional media with coding?

thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 01:47 PM   #54
alexj90
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 316i Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by delaniso View Post
Going slightly back to a topic mantioned earlier...we have an f30 with professional media, no enhanced bluetooth.

when we ordered the car, were told there was no need for enhanced as pr media includes bluetooth phone and audio...there is no bluetooth audio, car was delivered July 2013.

Seems like coding is a possibility, and seems to have been done successfully, eg with mikepisko in this thread. Does anyone know of anyone based in the UK who does it in person? I'm already aware of options where they send the code online from eg bimmertech.

Also, anyone know of other cool features that can be unlocked on professional media with coding?

thanks in advance
I also would like to know this too!. Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 01:48 PM   #55
alexj90
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 316i Sport Line

Also, apparently it's possible to directly connect and mirror the iphone to the iDrive screen using Kivic ONE.

Here is a video:

I'd prefer this to spending hundreds on retrofits and custom hardware etc. But does anyone know how the Kivic ONE is fitted in the car? Any one with experience on this?

Cheers

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2014, 02:10 PM   #56
Patrys@BimmerTech
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexj90 View Post
I also would like to know this too!. Anyone?
Please email us your VIN at info@bimmer-tech.net and we will confirm if enhanced Bluetooth/USB can be activated in your car.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 07:26 PM   #57
SPROJKEN
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i w/M Sport package

Exclamation Enhanced Bluetooth for 2015 335i?

I pick my 2015 335i up this week. It didn't come with the $500 "Convenience Option" of Enhanced Bluetooth and Smart Phone integration - in 2014 it was packaged with the "Tech" package. I bought the "Tech" package only to be told after the fact that my car will not have the enhanced features the Enhanced Bluetooth/Smart Phone integration offers (text/email to voice, connection to roof antenna etc.). I read the post here about how to achieve this on a 2014 model. Wondering if those guys at Bimmertech could help me out? I can't fathom that the 2015 software and comms box wouldn't allow the same fix? By the way, aside for the "Tech" package, the car is also equipped with Driver-Assist, Driver-Assist Plus, M Sport, Premium Package, Harman Kardon and just about everything else under the sun. HELP!!!!

SPROJKEN
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 03:31 PM   #58
mikepisko
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

That depends if the components are in the nav. I know when you get the tech package all that stuff is in the headunit not the commbox in the trunk. I don't think there is a commbox in the trunk. I actually called and complained to BMW about this then they give you the open and don't include it in the tech package that is just stupid. THey should be able to help you out. I have actually started to code my car with esys and it is pretty easy. All they have to do is change one code to turn the enhanced bluetooth and usb features on. Just send them an email they are very nice and helpful.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 03:57 PM   #59
SPROJKEN
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i w/M Sport package

Mike, thanks for the reply. My car may differ than your 2014 since it's a 2015 - I found a combox in the trunk. BMW has been of NO help at all. They said the only thing the would do for me is install the base plate that I would be forced to buy aftermarket - AND - they said they can't order those since they're factory installed. Well, please correct me if I'm wrong - no, really, please do because I'm ignorant on this issue - all it takes to install the base plate is to remove the rubber cover that is currently installed, attach the two wire harnesses together and seat it...right? I realize that won't give me the enhanced blue tooth but it will at least allow me to install a cradle which will provide power to my phone and connect it to the on-roof shark fin antenna. All that would be left to do is the coding, correct?

As far a esys goes, I'm totally ignorant to what that is. And if you're saying I can just code the function in, how would I find out how to do that. I'll bet you're going to tell me esys! A little help on that one please.

And you're absolutely correct, for BMW to take the option out of the tech package is in in my opinion poor business. They want to squeeze another $500 out of me? Fine. But at least tell me before I order the car that it's no longer included in the tech package and that I need to order it. I'm sooooo frustrated.

Thanks again for the reply and I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

- SPROJKEN
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 06:00 PM   #60
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

BMW did publish in the Ordering Guide that the 6NS was taken off the Nav option (Tech Package just includes the HUD) starting in MY2015 models several months before production started. So this was a fault of whoever ordered the car for you at the dealership.

BimmerTech can code the new 6NS option for MY2015 and provide the hardware parts (baseplate, second microphone) as well.

Contact them for details and pricing, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPROJKEN View Post
Mike, thanks for the reply. My car may differ than your 2014 since it's a 2015 - I found a combox in the trunk. BMW has been of NO help at all. They said the only thing the would do for me is install the base plate that I would be forced to buy aftermarket - AND - they said they can't order those since they're factory installed. Well, please correct me if I'm wrong - no, really, please do because I'm ignorant on this issue - all it takes to install the base plate is to remove the rubber cover that is currently installed, attach the two wire harnesses together and seat it...right? I realize that won't give me the enhanced blue tooth but it will at least allow me to install a cradle which will provide power to my phone and connect it to the on-roof shark fin antenna. All that would be left to do is the coding, correct?

As far a esys goes, I'm totally ignorant to what that is. And if you're saying I can just code the function in, how would I find out how to do that. I'll bet you're going to tell me esys! A little help on that one please.

And you're absolutely correct, for BMW to take the option out of the tech package is in in my opinion poor business. They want to squeeze another $500 out of me? Fine. But at least tell me before I order the car that it's no longer included in the tech package and that I need to order it. I'm sooooo frustrated.

Thanks again for the reply and I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

- SPROJKEN

Last edited by Technic; 10-01-2014 at 06:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 08:32 AM   #61
mikepisko
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

No Problem happy to respond. So for my situation I didn't buy the tech package so I just had the standard CUC screen not the HD screen that comes with the Nav package. My care came with the USB port and the mic for bluetooth and I had bluetooth just for the phone so I didn't need to buy any additional parts. All I did was to check in my trunk for the commbox and since I had that BMW actually gave me everything just didn't turn on the features for Enhanced Bluetooth and USB. All I had to do was come someone use esys to go into the computer and switch one code to 6NS and that turned on both features.

Are you saying you don't have a mic or bluetooth for just the phone at all? I thought all models at least came with a USB port and bluetooth for the phone? If you have both of those then it should just mean you have to code the car to enable those options.

Esys is just a program that you use to connect to the car's computer to turn different settings on and off. It took me several months to figure it all out but I do have it up and running. You need the esys application and the 30GB worth of pzdata files. If you go under the coding section I believe people have that stuff posted. You also need an OBD to ethernet cable to connect to the cars OBD port and the laptop. It is pretty cool once you get it all figured out as I was able to code many things like when I lock my car my mirrors fold automatically not sure why BMW doesn't just have a setting for that.

For the bluetooth stuff it is a bit more involved then just turning some options active or not active. I also haven't done it on a Nav enabled car. I would reach out to bimmertech to see if they can remote into your PC and code that for you. They were awesome for me. For 180 bucks they sent me the cable and coded the car for me remotely. I have come a long was with coding myself but still need to mess around to see if I could set the 6NS option in the FA List int he computer. I hope all of this helps.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 03:36 PM   #62
320FAMILY
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 320i and 2014 320i

So just to clarify.

I have a 320i without Navigation. I checked and do have a combox in the trunk. If I pay to have enhanced bluetooth coding enabled will I only get the streaming function and not artwork?
      10-10-2014, 07:15 AM   #63
mikepisko
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

No you will get both enhanced bluetooth and USB. You will only get the Album Art work if you connect your phone using the white iPhone cable. So to answer your question yes you will be able to see the album art work.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2014, 09:17 AM   #64
320FAMILY
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 320i and 2014 320i

Well I am not an Apple owner so I guess I won't get to see it. I will just save the money and stick to my Himbox setup.

Thanks for the reply.
      03-01-2015, 08:14 PM   #65
theredducati
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i sport, prem. no gps

does this apply to 2014 2 series as well...

I am interested in this cable... thanks. you guys are awesome. It's amazing BMW has gotten away with this gimpy bluetooth, especially that they are now including it is 2015 cars...
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2015, 08:49 PM   #66
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Atleast BT streaming is standard now on MY15. I have coded office on several cars that came without enhanced BT tho.