F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Dragon Dictation and voice memos
Studio RSR

12-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #1
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Dragon Dictation and voice memos

Guys,

Has anyone got the dictation to work for replying to text messages? I can dictate okay, and it converts it into text; but then after clicking 'send' and it saying 'the message has been sent via Mark's iPhone', the message actually hasn't sent: the recipient doesn't receive it, and it also doesn't show up as being sent in my iPhone.

Also, while text messages show up on idrive, emails don't (even though I had them both showing in the old idrive on my E82.

Also, I can't seem to get the voice memos to work: I can record, but then when I click 'play' to hear back the message, nothing happens...

Any help appreciated

Last edited by MarkW83; 12-23-2012 at 04:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
Gronk1967
Rep
Drives: 320ed

Exact same problem!

Anyone have any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 12:02 AM   #3
brandon @ eas
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

From what I understand and have been told, it is a limitation of the iPhone. The car is not built around a single phone, its built with capabilities that are usually more advanced than what a single phone offers. Blackberry phones have the most functionality as of now-until Apple hopefully gets on board and creates an update.

The thing is this: Apple unfortunately does not care about the small amount of people using iPhones in BMW vehicles, so they don't make it a priority to write software around our car.

The good news is that the car is capable....but only when the phone catches up!
Appreciate 0