F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > MY 2013 ED MG M-Sport xDrive
Studio RSR

07-29-2012, 12:38 AM   #23
328i4me
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335xi

congrats on the new car! it looks awesome!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2012, 01:06 AM   #24
M.Suka
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

looks great, put my order in today for ED!!!
      07-29-2012, 01:07 AM   #25
Alen E90
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i TiAg

congrats on your new ride, she looks absolutely GORGEOUS!!! let the modding begin btw how come there's no 335 badge on the trunk? anyways thanks for sharing the pics and the review

TiAg FTW!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2012, 01:36 AM   #26
dude987
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i xDrive M-Sport DHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowOnFuel View Post
Is it possible to lower an xdrive model?
Not sure myself. Certainly would be interested in hearing from members with lowering xdrive experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpoet View Post
What tires came on it? 40oz got Pirelli Cinturato P7:
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=722977
I am curious if BMW is being consistent with that brand/model choice, or if it is a crap shoot.
Will let you know as shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuka View Post
looks great, put my order in today for ED!!!
Congrats. You won't regret it. It's an awesome experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alen E90 View Post
congrats on your new ride, she looks absolutely GORGEOUS!!! let the modding begin btw how come there's no 335 badge on the trunk? anyways thanks for sharing the pics and the review
Just a personal choice. No impact on non-BMW enthusiasts while BMW enthusiasts will know and take a keen interested in the model line anyways. Also like the subdued sleeper profile of debadged models. Ordered it with the 320 debadge option.

Last edited by dude987; 07-29-2012 at 01:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2012, 01:57 AM   #27
AWF30MSPORT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 Porsche 981 Cayman GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alen E90 View Post
320 Delete Badge
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2012, 02:44 AM   #28
dude987
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Picked up a 3 series at BMW Welt and got home in a Mini Countryman

Sad story or funny one depending on one's perspective.

It was raining off and on during the three hour drive home from Munich to Stuttgart. During a torrential heavy down pour a few miles from home, I heard a sudden knock on the driver side door (I think it may have been the door lock) and the brake light indicator came on with the hazard lights flashing. Multiple attempts at turning the hazard lights off did not work. I pulled off on the next exit and found a place to park while the heavy down pour continued. After fiddling with the various switches I found that the door locks, hazard light switch, and navigation menu did not work. When the windshield wiper was turned off it would stop dead mid stream in the middle of the window and not retract into the down position. But it would start again and work fine when the switch was reactivated.

The next action was to turn off the car as if to put it away for the night, give it a few minutes and restart the cars i.e. a soft boot. This required some thought as there was a degree of uncertainty on exactly how the electrical ignition worked. Anyways, no luck. In Germany everything shuts down on Sunday. It’s 4:30 pm on Saturday afternoon. Quick batman, get us to the nearest BMW dealer about 6 clicks down the road. Upon arrival, the dealership is pretty much shut down with the exception of one service person in the shop. He hooks up the diagnosis gizmo to get a read out of the faults. Not sure what faults he got partly due to the language barrier. The service guy disconnects the battery for a hard reboot. Again no luck. He tell me that they will look at it next Monday morning and gives me a Mini Countryman as a replacement car.

Not sure what happened but can only speculate that water may have infiltrated a barrier and possibly short circuited an electrical component. More to follow next week.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2012, 04:08 AM   #29
ikonic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM F30 328I M-Sport

Car looks great, but sorry to hear about your problems.

I wonder what's going on with BMW and recent water issues entering the systems.

I've read of a few 5s having a similar issue in a few places of late.

Hope you get it sorted soon.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2012, 04:42 AM   #30
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Garage List
Wow, got to say that's a gorgeous looking car and a nice spec! The M Sport rear bumper actually 'lifts' the rear of the car somewhat.

Sorry to hear about your mishap on the journey home - last thing you want on its maiden voyage! Would you have been able to summon BMW Assist if there hadn't been a dealer nearby?

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2012, 07:02 AM   #31
SkaTeeB
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude987 View Post
Sad story or funny one depending on one's perspective.

It was raining off and on during the three hour drive home from Munich to Stuttgart. During a torrential heavy down pour a few miles from home, I heard a sudden knock on the driver side door (I think it may have been the door lock) and the brake light indicator came on with the hazard lights flashing. Multiple attempts at turning the hazard lights off did not work. I pulled off on the next exit and found a place to park while the heavy down pour continued. After fiddling with the various switches I found that the door locks, hazard light switch, and navigation menu did not work. When the windshield wiper was turned off it would stop dead mid stream in the middle of the window and not retract into the down position. But it would start again and work fine when the switch was reactivated.

The next action was to turn off the car as if to put it away for the night, give it a few minutes and restart the cars i.e. a soft boot. This required some thought as there was a degree of uncertainty on exactly how the electrical ignition worked. Anyways, no luck. In Germany everything shuts down on Sunday. It’s 4:30 pm on Saturday afternoon. Quick batman, get us to the nearest BMW dealer about 6 clicks down the road. Upon arrival, the dealership is pretty much shut down with the exception of one service person in the shop. He hooks up the diagnosis gizmo to get a read out of the faults. Not sure what faults he got partly due to the language barrier. The service guy disconnects the battery for a hard reboot. Again no luck. He tell me that they will look at it next Monday morning and gives me a Mini Countryman as a replacement car.

Not sure what happened but can only speculate that water may have infiltrated a barrier and possibly short circuited an electrical component. More to follow next week.
Great looking car! I wonder why US spec cars get 11 slat grills instead of Euro spec 8 slat MSport grills? Cooling maybe?

I wonder if the problems you are having are related to the problems in this thread?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2012, 07:09 AM   #32
JustinTJ
I saw the light!
United_States
Rep
Drives: MY13 F30, MY02 E36/7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude987 View Post
Correct. It has the 2VF adaptive suspension but it is not lowered on the xDrive. Also much to my surprise, it does not have a separate suspension setting switch/button. When I asked about changing the setting from comfort to sport, the advisor stated that it is integrated into the mode setting.
Check your sport options on iDrive, it should have a chassis selection to include or remove it from the mode toggle.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2012, 07:36 AM   #33
Gonzobros
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Beautiful!!! Good luck
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2012, 07:39 AM   #34
dude987
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobUK View Post
Sorry to hear about your mishap on the journey home - last thing you want on its maiden voyage! Would you have been able to summon BMW Assist if there hadn't been a dealer nearby?
The BMW Assist only works in the states and not in Germany.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaTeeB View Post
Great looking car! I wonder why US spec cars get 11 slat grills instead of Euro spec 8 slat MSport grills? Cooling maybe?

I wonder if the problems you are having are related to the problems in this thread?
I believe all Sport Line gets the 8 slats in US spec. Also appreciate the related link information. Seems rain is the common link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinTJ View Post
Check your sport options on iDrive, it should have a chassis selection to include or remove it from the mode toggle.
Thanks for the tip. Will check as soon as I get the car back.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2012, 07:53 AM   #35
Bmwphile
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i

Nice ride dude!

Noticed that you have the dual exhaust pipes on each side, but my 328i has the dual exhausts together. Is this because of the xdrive?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2012, 08:30 AM   #36
SkaTeeB
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwphile View Post
Nice ride dude!

Noticed that you have the dual exhaust pipes on each side, but my 328i has the dual exhausts together. Is this because of the xdrive?
If I'm not mistaken all f30 328i have the dual exhaust off to one side, the 335i has a single pipe on both sides...
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #37
schnell13
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

Awesome!

First off, thanks for your service! Second, I'm a bit jealous that you get to enjoy your amazing car on the roads it was intended for. Have fun with it! Also, seeing your car is the first time I have effectively seen mine in real life pictures. I have the same car with the same colors on order, albeit without the x-drive system. I was back and forth between silver and grey, but after seeing yours I'm so happy I went with MG. She's absolutely stunning; can't wait for mine to get delivered!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2012, 12:38 PM   #38
mdsbuc
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M Sport-'12MustGT 5.0

Beautiful color combo and nice package choices. The car really looks great. Hope you have no more mechanical problems and that you can really enjoy the car on the Autobahn and in the Alps.

2013 335i M Sport- EBII / BLACK / Dk Walnut /Packages- Prem / DHP / Tech / Driver Assist / DA Plus Options- 8 Sprt AT / Htd FS / HK / Hi Bm Asst /403 19" w/perf tyres

Ordered: 12/15/12, ED Delivery Date: 04/23/13
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #39
dude987
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpoet View Post
Beautiful! If I had not gone with EB, MG would have definitely been my choice.

Since they took away the fog lamps to provide "extra cooling", can you tell what is being cooled extra?
The extra cooling may be related to the increased top speed limiter and also possibly in preparation for the up coming M Performance chip. My past experience with non BMW turbos is that there was never enough or adequate cooling. Turbos generally have a tendency to overheat when pushed to the limits. The real test will be hard driving taking Stelvio Pass with 3 passengers on board and seeing if it can maintain normal operating temperatures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaTeeB View Post
If I'm not mistaken all f30 328i have the dual exhaust off to one side, the 335i has a single pipe on both sides...
Correct. Different tail pipes between the 328i and the 335i.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell13 View Post
First off, thanks for your service! Second, I'm a bit jealous that you get to enjoy your amazing car on the roads it was intended for. Have fun with it! Also, seeing your car is the first time I have effectively seen mine in real life pictures. I have the same car with the same colors on order, albeit without the x-drive system. I was back and forth between silver and grey, but after seeing yours I'm so happy I went with MG. She's absolutely stunning; can't wait for mine to get delivered!
Nice. What interior color did you get?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2012, 07:38 PM   #40
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Beautiful car. Looks so good with the M-sport package.

Man I wanna live in Germany, so I can hit the Autobahn often. Maybe when I retire
      07-29-2012, 10:11 PM   #41
johnofcross
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Superman 2013 F30 335i M Sport

I think one of the first MY2013 M-Sport EDs I've seen. Congrats! Great looking car you got there
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2012, 10:22 PM   #42
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M | GT3 | J392 | GRc

Looks great, you can lower, I have my e90 XDrive lowered, but I would probably not do it on the F30. I think the car looks fine and lowering it does have some disadvantages for driving in snow and harsh bumps.

Good color combo!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2012, 11:45 PM   #43
verbs
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

What tires did they give you?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 02:12 AM   #44
KeenDriver
Private