F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > 4 Series Replica MP Front Splitter Questions
Extreme Powerhouse

12-04-2016, 05:21 AM   #1
syenisch
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i Gran Coupe

4 Series Replica MP Front Splitter Questions

I am considering getting an M Performance front splitter, but I am concerned about clearance. I currently have a Magic Drift splitter installed and am comfortable with its clearance. If the M Performance splitter is the same or better then I know I am good. Also I am curious about the color of the raw plastic. Can someone please answer the following questions? Thanks!

1. What is the vertical clearance from the front of the splitter to the front?
2. How far forward does the splitter extend past the front edge of the bumper (under the big opening in the bumper)?
3. Does the color of the unpainted plastic of a replica lip match the color of the BMW M Performance side skirt extensions? If I purchase a splitter, it will be replica, I will have the upper parts that fit over the bumper painted body color and the splitter left unpainted to match the side skirt extensions.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2016, 03:29 PM   #2
syenisch
Captain
United_States
Rep

Anybody?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2017, 08:46 PM   #3
maxdobe
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Syenish, how did the install go? I'm surfing around this board wondering the exact same thing about splitters on M bumpers. I'm thinking about getting the "M Performance Carbon Fiber Front Splitter" added to my gray 2017 440ix GC with M sports bumper this week at my dealer, although I'm starting to debate it if the anxiety around scraping ruins the fun.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2017, 06:38 AM   #4
syenisch
Captain
United_States
Rep

I never got any help so I didn't bother. Going to stick with my Magic Drift lip I think. It's cheaper so I don't cringe whenever it bottoms out, but still looks decent. I may tuck it under the bumper a bit more for a more subtle look.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2017, 10:36 PM   #5
maxdobe
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
I had the m splitter installed on my F36 440 M sport bumper today and the clearance is very ample. Actually, it barely changed from the original clearance IMO. I have NOT measured it but visually I honestly couldn't tell AND I have been pondering and worried about this exact topic for weeks. I was VERY pleasantly surprised when I walked into the dealership and saw my car. It hugs the existing msport bumper VERY nicely. I would suggest you consider it because it would stink to get something else and regret not getting the carbon OEM part. Seems like a ton of adhesive is placed on these things for the installation so I'm thinking this is a one-time ordeal. $.02. Here are some pics in case it helps. Good luck!

Appreciate 0