F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BMW 3 Series and Gran Coupe Garner Auto Motor Und Sport Best Design Innovation Awards
GetBMWParts

09-23-2012, 09:56 PM   #23
georgere
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 BSM

I've seen f30 on dealer lots, showrooms, and on the roads, and on my work parking lot. it is modified e90 IMO... different front, and larger size, the rest is a very safe evolution. NOT aggressive/sporty looking at all. M-Sport helps a lot but hey, is this a $33K car or $50K?
I totally agree with those that say C-class got BMW beat. I am waiting for the next generation of the C to see if it will do even better. in a couple of years it will be 4-series vs. C-class for me
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2012, 11:49 PM   #24
AbuArije5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Non

Man the cls looks better the 6gc and not a fan of the f30 either
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #25
leewoods18
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 550 M sport

I am in the GC is beautiful camp...as is the 650i m sport...amazing presence on the road
      09-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #26
DerekS
Major
Rep
Drives: '24 X3 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcinvest View Post
Mercedes may have an easier task since in general, I think its easier to make a mass market car look good with the C class dimensions then the new 3 series which is larger.

Frankly I think the looks of most popular BMWs produced today are nothing that special but that doesn't stop many of them from being great cars.
The F30 is only 1.2" longer than the C Class - not exactly a big difference in size ! IMO, the C Class has a very conservative, aged looking body with an oversized three-pointed star in the middle of the grill and some rather out of place strips of white LEDs below the front bumper. The F30 M Sport front end is a much more successful and cohesive design.

Maybe you don't care for the current BMW styling, but the Asian manufacturers are falling over themselves trying to copy BMW design. Have you seen photos of the new 2013 Accord ? From front to rear, it is a pastiche of BMW styling cues.
      09-25-2012, 09:59 AM   #27
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
Congrats BMW. I truly believe the GC is one of the best designed cars to date. Its one of those that'll live for ever years from now.

The GC absolutely demolishes the CLS (Cls is a very good looking auto as well) but i have to give it to BMW.
Going to have to politely disagree. Even being in the BMW camp I can admit the CLS is a much more striking car. The new 6er GC is bland and the front end looks odd/goofy.

The weird part is it looks even more goofy with the M-tech.

No doubt the CLS is great looking. I also see the weird shape of the GC that you mentioned but theres just something about the GC that i like. I has that "confidence" stance! "i don't need to please anyone but i still look good".
Lol i know its confusing but these are some phrases i (we) use when designing cars.

I'm currently a part time auto designer so when i judge designs I'm being honest an fair.