F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > My front suspension finally failed.
proTUNING Freaks

12-06-2014, 12:26 PM   #23
aksi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

So, the ones that are "designed to work" with oem shocks, such as h&r and dinan would eventually cause the same issue?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2014, 12:27 PM   #24
infinitigor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3C, 2010 E350

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksi View Post
So, the ones that are "designed to work" with oem shocks, such as h&r and dinan would eventually cause the same issue?
they may not necessarily make the suspension fail, but the actual ride WILL get progressively worse and worse, and bouncier ...

Upgrading shocks is really a must in my opinion when getting more aggressive springs & yet people still just take the cheap route & only go with springs, to each their own

Last edited by infinitigor; 12-07-2014 at 04:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2014, 04:13 PM   #25
Koer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 2014 Sec. 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyminded
can you tell us how does the car behave, I have the sport springs and I have same mileage, it still behave same but I don't know if shocks are good or bad !!
well you can tell the shocks are out by the movement (or excess of) the vehicle. Shocks limit the repetitive motion tendency of springs so when you have no shocks the car becomes very bouncy and often crashes against the bump stops on sudden changes of the street. also, there is nothing to limit the vibration from the springs so braking capacity is reduced.

it is driveable though, since the rear shocks pull their weight to limit the overall movement of the car. i could not imagine what it would feel like to have all 4 shocks failing.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2014, 04:16 PM   #26
Koer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 2014 Sec. 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksi
a definite Yes. i could post a pic where the broshure from Eibach says "designed to work with OEM suspension components and shock absorbers"

like the others said, always consider new shocks with lowering springs.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2014, 09:56 AM   #27
aksi
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koer View Post
a definite Yes. i could post a pic where the broshure from Eibach says "designed to work with OEM suspension components and shock absorbers"

like the others said, always consider new shocks with lowering springs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitigor View Post
they may not necessarily make the suspension fail, but the actual ride WILL get progressively worse and worse, and bouncier ...

Upgrading shocks is really a must in my opinion when getting more aggressive springs & yet people still just take the cheap route & only go with springs, to each their own
Thanks guys. Glad i cancelled my h&r order and went with m perf route
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2014, 04:16 PM   #28
Dippydo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 Comp

Garage List
2012 BMW  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aksi View Post
"Designed to work" means they fit your stock dampers and will work. They just won't tell you how long...LOL...

This is just my opinion, but by the time you buy springs and dampers, why not just buy a set of coil overs so you can have the adjustments as well to set it exactly where you want it for height?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 10:03 PM   #29
aksi
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippydo View Post
"Designed to work" means they fit your stock dampers and will work. They just won't tell you how long...LOL...

This is just my opinion, but by the time you buy springs and dampers, why not just buy a set of coil overs so you can have the adjustments as well to set it exactly where you want it for height?
lol i see i see.
yea i almost got a spring set but cancelled and got m performance suspension. loving it from the day 1

Last edited by aksi; 12-10-2014 at 10:10 PM..
Appreciate 0