F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Stratstone 335d Msport PCP deal
Studio RSR

07-26-2015, 02:36 PM   #23
kalo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335d x drive 2015 lci

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdokika View Post
Any chance to buy a car at the of PCH ?
Not usually. But you should be offered the same rate or slightly better on a pcp. You will need to pay Road tax after year 1 on a pcp.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2015, 02:45 PM   #24
mcdokika
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalo View Post
Not usually. But you should be offered the same rate or slightly better on a pcp. You will need to pay Road tax after year 1 on a pcp.
I've got PCP but PCH deals look definitely better. (at least for me )
      07-26-2015, 02:49 PM   #25
kalo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I've got PCP but PCH deals look definitely better. (at least for me )
Select Contracts offered me the same pch price on a pcp. Speak to them maybe if you need some numbers crunched.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2015, 03:11 PM   #26
mcdokika
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Select Contracts offered me the same pch price on a pcp. Speak to them maybe if you need some numbers crunched.
Have you seen that S8 deal ?

You would not get that on PCP .
      07-26-2015, 03:25 PM   #27
Archer-s
Captain
Rep
Drives: on order

Quote:

Worth a call, must stop looking at these deals, they are very very tempting
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2015, 03:25 PM   #28
kalo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Lol perhaps not that one. Unless it had a shocking GFV. Begs the question how they Afford to offer that at the price and still make money as at the end they still need to be able to sell the car. My guess is Audi are heavily discounting the s8, also may be due to strong pound against euro etc. If that's what you want then go for it mate yolo.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2015, 03:29 PM   #29
mcdokika
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mssond View Post
Worth a call, must stop looking at these deals, they are very very tempting
Quote:
Lol perhaps not that one. Unless it had a shocking GFV. Begs the question how they Afford to offer that at the price and still make money as at the end they still need to be able to sell the car. My guess is Audi are heavily discounting the s8, also may be due to strong pound against euro etc. If that's what you want then go for it mate yolo.
Also new A8 is coming soon..

Have been to London this weekend , never seen so many Mercedes S Class , it is the best now in that category , well , at least still new 7 er and S Klasse is not coming .
      07-26-2015, 10:27 PM   #30
335dMSport+
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 40d MSport+

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apl000? View Post
I've been there before, putting in zero deposit, and having high monthly payments. When I got my 335d, I shoved 2.5k of neg equity into the deal.

On a 3 yr pcp The upshot was being in neg equity way past the half way mark, and a vt point just a few months before the end of the pcp.

Having said that, I would not want to put much more than a few grand in as a deposit..... It's all about finding a balance that suits you.

The biggest problem I find, is not buying the right car in the first place. First I had an e92 320d lci sport+ which I felt was too slow (it wasn't) and I convinced myself I NEEDED a 335d. The 335d turned out to be an expensive let down, and I wished I had kept my lovely 320d.

It's best to pick well and stick.
Spot on mate, if it suits you to put in 10k and pay less per month then so be it, most people like a balance but others might prefer to keep the money so it can be in the bank if they need it for other things (house emergencys etc)

Very refreshing to hear someone with a 335d actually give the 320d some credit, i love mine and think its punchy and gives genuine 60mpg, amazing really
He's not the only one to give the 320d credit.

As a 335d owner, I miss the twice a month visit to the filling station (which has been replaced by once a week). Yes the speed is addictive but I'm also fully aware that I'm only a kick-down away from losing my licence and 99% of the time I'm trying to eek economy out of the car as I'm using it for work miles.

It's also got a few niggles that haven't been resolved whereas the 320d was faultless off the bat.

The 320d was by far the best car I've ever owned (wind and road noise aside!)
      07-27-2015, 12:34 AM   #31
MarkG_M5Comp
Supreme Being
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdokika
Now , just talking about PCP deals , i have a question .

(Mine was 42k, I got 24 months long PCP, put 16k depo, car is 8k miles, pay 315/ month 21k GFV)

QUESTION:

If you buy a car for 2 years period on PCP, is it better to pay in such a large amount of deposit like I did ( as I was sure at that time that I would keep the car at the end however I don't think that I will ) OR , is it better to pay a smaller amount like 5k as deposit and pay higher monthly installments or pay more (again like I did) and have lower monthly payments ?

So which is better financially ? Regardless your financial situation. If you know what I mean ..
Totally down to you.

Personally speaking, I don't like being in negative equity, you never know what financial situation will arise in the future.......whilst others seem to apply a galactic amount of man maths and advise not to put a large sum of money into a depreciating asset. Me thinks they have some advice screwed up in their mind, but hey ho. :

The only way financing the maximum can save you money, is by putting you out of a comfortable position to trade into another new car earlier, with negative equity.
There is another consideration here, how you fund the car on your monthly budget...

So I tend to put 0-1000 into the deposit on my cars.

For my wife's cars this works as it is only replaced at such time the finance is quits with the value or at the end of the PCP (so as if we were leasing but sometimes get a small upside). All a larger deposit would achieve is to shorten the period.

For my car, I receive a monthly company car allowance which essentially pays for my large monthlies. Adding a deposit would just tie up my own cash. If I want to terminate before the break even point (described above) then I can simply put in a bit of cash at that point. What's changed is that I keep my deposit money and only use it if I fancy a change.
      07-27-2015, 01:34 AM   #32
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkG335 View Post
There is another consideration here, how you fund the car on your monthly budget...

So I tend to put 0-1000 into the deposit on my cars.

For my wife's cars this works as it is only replaced at such time the finance is quits with the value or at the end of the PCP (so as if we were leasing but sometimes get a small upside). All a larger deposit would achieve is to shorten the period.

For my car, I receive a monthly company car allowance which essentially pays for my large monthlies. Adding a deposit would just tie up my own cash. If I want to terminate before the break even point (described above) then I can simply put in a bit of cash at that point. What's changed is that I keep my deposit money and only use it if I fancy a change.

Same here it's a personal sort of thing.

I get a good car allowance, this pretty much covers both cars(wife's and mine).

Previously we have bought cars out right and kept, our Yaris TSport we kept 10 years, we are just trading in our Mondeo that I paid for on Switch lol (bloody easy way to pay for a car)

With my car allowance, a car much be with 7 years old, has to be replaced on its 7th year.

The other thing to remember is that likely the majority of buyers get say up to £8k off a 330d / 335 and are happy with that, they then put in say 20k deposit.

They will loose a big chunk to depreciation, which will wipe out a lot of deposit / future trade in value.

So they may only have say £10k deposit (trade in) for the next car.

Car allowances make it pointless putting down a big deposit, about £2500 is likely most I will put down, this keeps my monthly payments down near the £400 a month mark.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2015, 02:53 AM   #33
TripleD
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi S4 Avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dMSport+ View Post
The 320d was by far the best car I've ever owned (wind and road noise aside!)
What about the 325d? Lots on the 320 for economy etc, but the 325 is the 320 with a mppk basically. Still four pot, still economy just with a little extra go.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2015, 04:36 AM   #34
davyk31
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS :-) & F40 M135i

Select now listing some pretty reasonable deals on M135i and M235i.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2015, 04:43 AM   #35
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
Select now listing some pretty reasonable deals on M135i and M235i.
Yeah I noticed that the other day, put a link on the 235i thread.

It's about £2500 deposit, £287 a month and 10k miles for 24 months - M235i.

Definitely a good deal to consider.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2015, 05:58 AM   #36
bobo13
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X2 M35i U10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand View Post
Yeah I noticed that the other day, put a link on the 235i thread.

It's about £2500 deposit, £287 a month and 10k miles for 24 months - M235i.

Definitely a good deal to consider.

That sounds really good! Any link to the M135i?

Im on PCP for the 428i Msport+ Sports Automatic

2k Deposit
449 a month X 48
15k GFV
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2015, 05:59 AM   #37
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo13 View Post
That sounds really good! Any link to the M135i?

Im on PCP for the 428i Msport+ Sports Automatic

2k Deposit
449 a month X 48
15k GFV
Here you go.

https://www.selectcontracts.co.uk/bm...r-leasing.html
Appreciate 1