F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > When you order a new BMW.... what confirmations do you get in the UK?
Extreme Powerhouse

07-21-2012, 05:11 AM   #1
ikonic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM F30 328I M-Sport

When you order a new BMW.... what confirmations do you get in the UK?

Hi all,

I was just wondering.... when you guys actually ordered your new cars, did you actually get any order confirmation from BMW UK themselves?

Last time I ordered a new car (from Renault) I had lots of correspondence from Renault UK (ie. not the dealer) thanking me for my custom, confirming the order as well as sending me a letter when my car entered production and when it had finished.

So far since ordering my 328 two months ago, all I've had is my original order spec sheet from the dealer. I've heard absolutely nothing from BMW UK themselves.

I was wondering if this is normal?

I'm just getting slightly panicky that my dealer hasn't actually put my order in at all. He's being very vague and just saying he expects the car to be in at the start of September.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2012, 05:28 AM   #2
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Ruby Red II

Like you, the only notification I've had is from the dealer I placed the order with. You should be able to get a screen shot from the dealer of the order showing all the details. My dealer is happy to send them through as often as I like.

The last one I saw had the full details of build date and expected delivery date which was the start of August for the build and the start of September for delivery.

If you are panicky it could be worth asking for this just to put your mind at rest. If I can find the email with the attachment I'll try and add it on
      07-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #3
ikonic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM F30 328I M-Sport

Ah ok thanks mate. Yeah I saw the same thing on screen when he ordered the car initially.

Not panicky per se I guess, just very impatient. I think I'm a natural worrier/skeptic so just anxious to get my car as soon as possible after this nightmare wait, so don't want anything else to go wrong before delivery!

Also, I do find it slightly odd that a "premium" brand like BMW wouldn't even take the time to send you a letter of acknowledgement and say "thanks and hope you enjoy your car" when a Renault (a marque constantly criticised for poor service) does after you've specced and order a new car from scratch.

I know its a minor thing, but just find it a bit unusual. My dad ordered a new Lexus some time ago and was bombarded with various tidbits prior to delivery to wet his appetite before the car arrived!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #4
arnsbrae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikonic View Post
Ah ok thanks mate. Yeah I saw the same thing on screen when he ordered the car initially.

Not panicky per se I guess, just very impatient. I think I'm a natural worrier/skeptic so just anxious to get my car as soon as possible after this nightmare wait, so don't want anything else to go wrong before delivery!

Also, I do find it slightly odd that a "premium" brand like BMW wouldn't even take the time to send you a letter of acknowledgement and say "thanks and hope you enjoy your car" when a Renault (a marque constantly criticised for poor service) does after you've specced and order a new car from scratch.

I know its a minor thing, but just find it a bit unusual. My dad ordered a new Lexus some time ago and was bombarded with various tidbits prior to delivery to wet his appetite before the car arrived!
You make a good point. In the USA they are given a number to track their order all the way through. I suspect the dealers have that here, but they've decided not to let us access it directly...
      07-21-2012, 11:10 AM   #5
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Ruby Red II

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikonic View Post

I know all about impatience, it's nearly 2 months since ordering with still another 6 or 7 weeks until delivery is due I'm already desperate to get it so given another few weeks to go it'll be unbearable! I've already read the brochure more times than is necessary, but it's all I've got. If it only had more about the M Sport I'd be set

The last couple of cars I've bought there has only ever been a collection day given with no other contact so I should be used to it. I suppose, like you, I expected more from BMW, especially as they are at the premium end of things. Maybe it's a minor thing but it would have been a good thing to do.

As soon as I get my car though I just know that all will be forgiven