F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Front PDC only on when in reverse gear.
Studio RSR

03-05-2014, 08:55 AM   #1
Zulbat
Rep
Drives: F20 120D

Front PDC only on when in reverse gear.

Hi my new car is scheduled to arrive next week Im wondering if anyone knows the code to have front pdc only on when in reverse gear as opposed to standard on at low speed even if D is selected on the auto transmission?

I read somewhere this was possible but can't find the page again or maybe it was only possible on e-series cars?

If this is not possible does anyone know how to set the sensitivity for front PDC only to make it beep only when I'm nearer the objects?

Car is an F20 if that matters.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2014, 09:07 AM   #2
carzaddict
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV

as far as i know its not possible to turn the front sensors on. ive been looking into this as well
      03-05-2014, 01:11 PM   #3
Zulbat
Rep

Strange they changed it from how it used to work on E87 where if I remember correct the graphic was on all time but beeping only started from front pdc if reverse gear was selected, but I may remember wrong?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 01:01 PM   #4
Flakmunky
Amateur Brain Surgeon & Olympic Knitting Champion
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E85, E92, F31, G31

Why do you want to do this? Surely if you only have front PDC on in reverse you are backing away from an obstruction whereas the whole idea is to tell you when you are getting close to an obstruction? Why order front PDC at all in this case?

Or am I missing something?

On my UK spec MT PDC only comes on once reverse had been selected... Or I use the button near the gear stick... Then front and rear sensors stay on until I drive forward a certain distance or press the button again. Also the beeping only starts when I get close to an object, e.g. In the orange area. No beeping before that.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 03:05 AM   #5
Zulbat
Rep

Sorry what I want is to have booth the rear and front pdc on but only when reverse is selected.

When I drive forward close to obstacles I want the graphics on the screen to show that I get close but I don't want the front sensors to beep at me since I can perfectly see for myself I drive close.

Only in the case I activate the reverse gear I want the front sensors to start to beep if I reverse near something with the front end if I turn the steering wheel sharp.

So you could say what I want is a code that automatically deactivates the beeping of booth front and rear pdc when I leave the reverse gear without me doing it by the button. I would also if possible want the graphics on the screen to stay on like it does standard for a while after you leave reverse gear.

Sorry if my first post was unclear
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2014, 01:19 AM   #6
Flakmunky
Amateur Brain Surgeon & Olympic Knitting Champion
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E85, E92, F31, G31

I wouldn't think that is possible, but you can turn the volume of the beeps right the way down but this is a global setting for the PDC audio warning.

Stock your fingers in your ears when parking?!
Appreciate 0