F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > GT Handling and Dynamic Handling Package
GetBMWParts

09-11-2015, 12:13 AM   #23
Crashnbrn5
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 335i GT M-Sport

Guys, I'm literally about to put a deposit on a 2016 335i GT with DHP, Factory Order with Performance Delivery and I'm torn between going with the luxury package and checking all boxes, putting the MSRP at 61k. OR do I go with M-sport, squash the lux package, get rid of Drivers Asst Plus ( Add side and top view), and get rid of Active Cruise Control, MSRP would then be 62K

I have M-sport on my X3 and is came with Performance Control, VSS, Adaptive M suspension, and M aesthetic parts of course. I don't see Performance Control for the 335 GT, so my question is does it have that?

Also, if M-sport on the new GT's are really just appearance and nothing really to do with speed or handling, do I go M sport and miss out on 2 pretty cool features (ACC and Drivers Asst Plus)?

OR Do i Go LUx package, add the 19's and get all options? Just to be fair, price is really not the issue.

P.S. I noticed when building out a 2015 GT, you can purchase the M sport brakes for $650, now for some reason they are gone. Do M-sport brakes come standard on the M Pack....

1st world problems guys, lol, Please help.

EDIT: By the way the Lux package with 19's does look 91% as good as the M-sport IMO. Does the M pack really do itself justice....... ugh
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2015, 01:05 PM   #24
sushkr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i xDrive GT

Drivers Asst Plus and Active Cruise Control and both *quite* useful and I use both from time to time. (The former as a parking aid, and the latter for long drives with family or in a traffic jam.)

M-sport does actually enhance the look for most color combinations. Also, I think the car sits lower which will give a better drive. But I chose lux. package because I wanted midnight blue and M-sport did not go well with that color.

M-sport brakes don't come standard. They can only be had with summer tires... I think (I could be wrong). You could always add them later.

If money is not a problem, I'd say, go for M-sport + all the packages you could afford. I strongly recommend Harmon Kardon because music quality improves considerably. I really wanted the sound top notch for day to day radio and such.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2015, 01:55 AM   #25
Crashnbrn5
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushkr
Drivers Asst Plus and Active Cruise Control and both *quite* useful and I use both from time to time. (The former as a parking aid, and the latter for long drives with family or in a traffic jam.)

M-sport does actually enhance the look for most color combinations. Also, I think the car sits lower which will give a better drive. But I chose lux. package because I wanted midnight blue and M-sport did not go well with that color.

M-sport brakes don't come standard. They can only be had with summer tires... I think (I could be wrong). You could always add them later.

If money is not a problem, I'd say, go for M-sport + all the packages you could afford. I strongly recommend Harmon Kardon because music quality improves considerably. I really wanted the sound top notch for day to day radio and such.
Thanks so much. I as well like the dark blue over maybe a saddle or Red, but the Msport does look nicer, but it's not lower with xdrive I believe. Read that on another thread. The goals is to keep the MSRP under 64k because at that rate I'm entering 5 series and well equipped X5 territory. (mind you I love all Bimmers, except very few) so I don't want to over do it at this moment. I am getting the 19" summer tires so I hope it's going to come with Msport brakes, I'll have to find out.

Also you forgot to answer me regarding "performance control", does it come avail with m sport or at all?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2015, 04:42 PM   #26
tigerswimmer
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i GT

you can only get M-sport brakes with the Track Handling Package now.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 10:29 PM   #27
sushkr
Private First Class
Rep

Performance control is available no matter what. I don't think they use the terminology to describe anymore. It is why you could choose drive modes between 'Eco Pro', 'Comfort' etc. You can have the Luxury package and then add Dynamic Handling Package and that way you have the famed 'adaptive M suspension' without needing to go into M-sport package. This is why, I don't really mind not having M-sport because I can still drive in 'sport' or 'sport+' modes with all the perks. The dynamic handling package is worth it, in my opinion.

One thing I do miss about the M-sport package is the sport seats but that's probably the only thing.

I still don't understand if you have a budget limitation or not? If you are not putting some options in because you are getting into 'X5' territory, that is not a good argument. Either you want to have the options that are worth it, or you don't.

Also mind you, if you price similarly equipped 3 GT, 5 series, X5, you will find the 3 GT is least expensive. You can't say 3 GT is getting into X5 category, because the X5 will have to get rid of couple of options to match the price of a 3 GT. Also, it is an entirely different vehicle. What I found was X3 and 3GT are almost similarly priced. But X5 and 5series are about 5K higher for similar options.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2015, 04:08 PM   #28
Crashnbrn5
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushkr
Performance control is available no matter what. I don't think they use the terminology to describe anymore. It is why you could choose drive modes between 'Eco Pro', 'Comfort' etc. You can have the Luxury package and then add Dynamic Handling Package and that way you have the famed 'adaptive M suspension' without needing to go into M-sport package. This is why, I don't really mind not having M-sport because I can still drive in 'sport' or 'sport+' modes with all the perks. The dynamic handling package is worth it, in my opinion.

One thing I do miss about the M-sport package is the sport seats but that's probably the only thing.

I still don't understand if you have a budget limitation or not? If you are not putting some options in because you are getting into 'X5' territory, that is not a good argument. Either you want to have the options that are worth it, or you don't.

Also mind you, if you price similarly equipped 3 GT, 5 series, X5, you will find the 3 GT is least expensive. You can't say 3 GT is getting into X5 category, because the X5 will have to get rid of couple of options to match the price of a 3 GT. Also, it is an entirely different vehicle. What I found was X3 and 3GT are almost similarly priced. But X5 and 5series are about 5K higher for similar options.
Since coming from an X5 3 years ago, I wouldn't mind having another one but I want something new and refreshing like the GT so I don't want to overdo it on the budget even though I said money doesn't matter. For just $75 more a month I can get a $69,000 MSRP X5 lease and be pretty happy with the options but having a GT excites me for some reason that's why I'm focusing in her right now. When ordering my X3 almost 3 years ago the performance control was about having rear biased traction all of the time and only FWD when needed. As opposed to normal xdrive which is 60% rear 40% front. Performance control being 90% rear I believe, not 100% sure don't quote me on this. Still waiting for an answer on the M sport brakes from my broker. Because I didn't see any track handling package on the ordering guide.

Attached is my window sticker from the X3 as you see it says performance control under the M package
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2015, 09:50 AM   #29
sushkr
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashnbrn5 View Post
Since coming from an X5 3 years ago, I wouldn't mind having another one but I want something new and refreshing like the GT so I don't want to overdo it on the budget even though I said money doesn't matter. For just $75 more a month I can get a $69,000 MSRP X5 lease and be pretty happy with the options but having a GT excites me for some reason that's why I'm focusing in her right now. When ordering my X3 almost 3 years ago the performance control was about having rear biased traction all of the time and only FWD when needed. As opposed to normal xdrive which is 60% rear 40% front. Performance control being 90% rear I believe, not 100% sure don't quote me on this. Still waiting for an answer on the M sport brakes from my broker. Because I didn't see any track handling package on the ordering guide.

Attached is my window sticker from the X3 as you see it says performance control under the M package
I see what you mean. The 'performance control' as it is available for X3 was never available for the 3 series GT (2014, 2015). I checked just now and it is not included for the 2016 model year either. However, I am not sure if xdrive is 60/40 split for the 3 series GT. When I charge it, it feels most of the power is in the rear wheels. Also I don't see a way to add M-sport brakes for the 2016 model year. When I configured mine (2015 model year), it could be selected as a separate option with summer tires. You'll probably have to do it after-market. Also I don't see a 'Harmon Kardon' speaker option for 2016 model year. Perhaps that was made standard? I hope so because there was a noticeable difference in music/radio quality.
Appreciate 0