F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW Remains 3rd Most Valuable Automotive Brand of 2013 According to Interbrand
Extreme Powerhouse

10-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #23
W12x
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3, Z/28, Evo Final Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw View Post
Respectfully, I can't agree with you on Toyota... there's not a month that goes by here in Canada which we don't hear about massive recalls for faulty components...Toyota & even Lexus!
I agree with you on the M-B though...it surprises me how they've been able to hold up despite their crappy models and cars in the past few years...
I think M-B is now focusing on exterior design more than before which is positive...however, they have COMPLETELY missed the boat on interior design...you would know what I mean if you take a look at their all new CLA dashboard design! Their new E's exterior design looks ok (rear very much copied from BMW horizontal design!)

But you are certainly right...M-B is banking on their heavy duty vehicles and that's where they make money...leave that only to their cars, and they'd be eating bimmer's dust from miles away!
anyways...it's always a disappointment to see BMW behind M-B!!!
We had two Toyotas and they are very solid, and one of my best friend also got two Toyota SUVs that he use for off-road and driving in harsh environment and they are very dependable.

IMO I don't think recalls really mean they are bad cars, overall I still think Toyotas are more dependable than the BMW and MB's passenger vehicles, especially when you drive in harsher areas with crappy gasoline or when the vehicle got tons of miles on it.

As for MB, I think their new S-Class is amazing, E-Class is just ok. Again, unless I'm getting an S or their heavy duty commercial vehicle, I wouldn't go for a MB.

And I do remember seeing a report somewhere that MB's current valuation with their commercial vehicle lines is only slightly more than BMW, so that tells you something about BMW vs MB when it comes to the value of their passenger vehicle department
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #24
Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by W12x View Post
We had two Toyotas and they are very solid, and one of my best friend also got two Toyota SUVs that he use for off-road and driving in harsh environment and they are very dependable.

IMO I don't think recalls really mean they are bad cars, overall I still think Toyotas are more dependable than the BMW and MB's passenger vehicles, especially when you drive in harsher areas with crappy gasoline or when the vehicle got tons of miles on it.

As for MB, I think their new S-Class is amazing, E-Class is just ok. Again, unless I'm getting an S or their heavy duty commercial vehicle, I wouldn't go for a MB.

And I do remember seeing a report somewhere that MB's current valuation with their commercial vehicle lines is only slightly more than BMW, so that tells you something about BMW vs MB when it comes to the value of their passenger vehicle department
I can't disagree a whole bunch with your points here except the fact that this classification is a global branding publication on brand values and the factors that position that brand are in no way vehicle related...otherwise we might as well compare audi with coca-cola... therefore I wouldn't even compare Toyota with M-B or BMW from the first place...the reason that Toyota is positioned above other vehicles is no indication of its reliability or solidness, but mostly sales and the element of social acceptance of a moderate city vehicle that sells a lot...and not to underestimate the buying power... cheaper cars sell tri-fold compared to pricier vehicle (as with many other products)...
Toyota used to be a very reliable car (and still is compared to many other brands)... but I personally see a lot of quality and reliability issue as I travel a lot and rent cars (mostly being Toyota's ) I have been stuck on the road many times, and the quality is astonishing poor... ofcourse you get what you pay for but I believe we are still paying a lot for a Corolla or other similar car...frankly I find Haundai (if I spelled it correctly?! ) has much better quality cars nowadays than Toyota...
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 11:09 AM   #25
ppatel223
Banned
Rep
Drives: F10 I3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver View Post
It amazes me that Toyota and MB edge out BMW.
Toyota is valued with Lexus and scion included.

MB is valued with commercial fleet included.

BMW is valued with ONLY one division with passenger vehicles.
Appreciate 0