F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Replacing the tweeters in the Hifi system
GetBMWParts

07-13-2016, 09:03 PM   #1
tcm3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Replacing the tweeters in the Hifi system

I just ordered the Bimmertech amp which I think will greatly improve the sound of my hifi system, but I know the harshness of the tweeters is still going to grate at me.

Has anyone replaced just the tweeters in the hifi system? I believe Technic posted that the JL audio C2 tweeters were fairly PnP since they come with in line crossovers.

Just wanted to see if anyone had done this and how it turned out or what you guys think of this mod.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 06:13 AM   #2
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

It wouldn't be hard to do, though I never just replaced the tweeters (and the tweeters I'm running now are Morels). Keep in mind that your incoming amp is a DSP. The stock tweeters with the silly stock amp replaced are not as bad as they seem right now and you will have plenty of control over them with your new toy.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2016, 09:25 PM   #3
tcm3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1042 View Post
It wouldn't be hard to do, though I never just replaced the tweeters (and the tweeters I'm running now are Morels). Keep in mind that your incoming amp is a DSP. The stock tweeters with the silly stock amp replaced are not as bad as they seem right now and you will have plenty of control over them with your new toy.
I will definitely play with the amp when I get it installed. I do think that a tweeter upgrade will still probably be a good idea.

Has anyone changed just the tweeters in the hifi system?
Appreciate 0