F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Post your timelines
GetBMWParts

02-24-2012, 02:11 PM   #45
Weaselboy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_335Ci View Post
i also read that West Coast bound BMWs are often shipped with NYK lines instead of the East Coast bound BMWs on W&W?? can anyone comment on this?
I tried searching their web site for vessels going from Bremerhaven to Port Hueneme and it does not come up with any matches.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #46
matt_435xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Perfomance Model 3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaselboy View Post
I tried searching their web site for vessels going from Bremerhaven to Port Hueneme and it does not come up with any matches.
yep me too, i even just tried the PORT only search, no dice.
i will just contact my dealership a lot next week and report back to y'all.

*RETIRED* 2015 435xi GC [f36] | 2012 335i [f30] | 2009 z4 35i [e89] | 2007 335i coupe [e92] | 2001 325Ci [e46] *RETIRED*
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 02:30 AM   #47
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
i also read that West Coast bound BMWs are often shipped with NYK lines instead of the East Coast bound BMWs on W&W?? can anyone comment on this?

Quote:

Quote:
yep me too, i even just tried the PORT only search, no dice.
i will just contact my dealership a lot next week and report back to y'all.
I don't know about NYK, I couldn't find anything either but I doubt we're going with that carrier. I also did other carriers but none really fit into our schedule. No worries though, I have a gut feeling that those waiting for a Westcoast ship are loaded onto the Tortugas, that one is going away today (well, today in Germany, it's still 'yesterday' for me (24th here)):

If you think about it, it makes sense. The cars you currently see listed on the 2wglobal.com site are already gone for a while. For example, a day ago it was showing a ship as just being loaded but that same ship was already in Scandinavia for a day according to various other sites. The tracking at WW has a delay of about 2 to 3 days. Give it until Monday, the Tortugas should be listed by then at the very latest. Also, if we're indeed on the Tortugas, your dealer is also able to tell you this tomorrow (the 25th) as their tracking should be more real time (according to the stories I heard/read).

Besides, I cannot imagine that some of us, who like me were finished last week with their build (mine was done on February 15), will have to wait another week, or even two (if you have to go to the Westcoast) before the car gets shipped. I doubt that this will happen.

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 11:53 PM   #48
matt_435xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
I don't know about NYK, I couldn't find anything either but I doubt we're going with that carrier. I also did other carriers but none really fit into our schedule. No worries though, I have a gut feeling that those waiting for a Westcoast ship are loaded onto the Tortugas, that one is going away today (well, today in Germany, it's still 'yesterday' for me (24th here)):

If you think about it, it makes sense. The cars you currently see listed on the 2wglobal.com site are already gone for a while. For example, a day ago it was showing a ship as just being loaded but that same ship was already in Scandinavia for a day according to various other sites. The tracking at WW has a delay of about 2 to 3 days. Give it until Monday, the Tortugas should be listed by then at the very latest. Also, if we're indeed on the Tortugas, your dealer is also able to tell you this tomorrow (the 25th) as their tracking should be more real time (according to the stories I heard/read).

Besides, I cannot imagine that some of us, who like me were finished last week with their build (mine was done on February 15), will have to wait another week, or even two (if you have to go to the Westcoast) before the car gets shipped. I doubt that this will happen.
the crazy thing is how much time is between some of the ship dates? because my status is "waiting for a carrier" today, i doubt i will make it on the Tortugas. which means my car which completed production on 2/24 will sit for over 2 weeks before it leaves Germany on the Asian King (departs 3/10)?? that seems incredibly inefficient, and i would expect BMW to have more efficient supply chain in this day in age.

*RETIRED* 2015 435xi GC [f36] | 2012 335i [f30] | 2009 z4 35i [e89] | 2007 335i coupe [e92] | 2001 325Ci [e46] *RETIRED*
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 12:20 AM   #49
MacAttackBMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 Sport Line - Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_335Ci
Quote:

the crazy thing is how much time is between some of the ship dates? because my status is "waiting for a carrier" today, i doubt i will make it on the Tortugas. which means my car which completed production on 2/24 will sit for over 2 weeks before it leaves Germany on the Asian King (departs 3/10)?? that seems incredibly inefficient, and i would expect BMW to have more efficient supply chain in this day in age.
Sorry to hear that Matt. I was at 'released to a carrier, waiting for transport to port of exit for 10 days. Then I was at being transported for a few more and as of today the system says I am at the port of exit awaiting a ship. I am cautiously optimistic that the timeline I am seeing is a few days delayed which would suggest I'm on the Tourgas. Fingers crossed!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 12:21 AM   #50
MacAttackBMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttackBMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_335Ci
Quote:

Sorry to hear that Matt. I was at 'released to a carrier, waiting for transport to port of exit for 10 days. Then I was at being transported for a few more and as of today the system says I am at the port of exit awaiting a ship. I am cautiously optimistic that the timeline I am seeing is a few days delayed which would suggest I'm on the Tourgas. Fingers crossed!
Oops... Tortugas!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 01:51 AM   #51
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Stupid 2wglobal.com site is offline :'(

I'm almost certain they did this on purpose as we're on that ship but they like to tease us

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 12:50 PM   #52
MacAttackBMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache
Stupid 2wglobal.com site is offline :'(

I'm almost certain they did this on purpose as we're on that ship but they like to tease us
Back up now - still no records for me. 800 number still says I'm at the port awaiting a shipping vessel. This is BS. Someone dropped the ball. Cars are not supposed to finish production on the 15th of one month and miss all the ships that would get it on its way the same month. If we end up waiting for the ship on the 10th that will be almost a month just sitting somewhere!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 02:21 PM   #53
matt_435xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttackBMW View Post
Back up now - still no records for me. 800 number still says I'm at the port awaiting a shipping vessel. This is BS. Someone dropped the ball. Cars are not supposed to finish production on the 15th of one month and miss all the ships that would get it on its way the same month. If we end up waiting for the ship on the 10th that will be almost a month just sitting somewhere!
ships only leave Germany every 14 days that are destined to California. you are most likely on the Tortugas. call your dealership for details. good luck!

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 03:26 PM   #54
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It's back offline again but I indeed noticed it went back on last night again. It showed no update on what's on the Tortugas at that time still, so there's still a chance. Also both the mybmw part of bmwusa.com and the 800 number are at least a day behind with everything. I've read some people not hearing anything on the 800 number at all until the ship actually reached the destination. So I really think there is a big chance we're both on the Tortugas (I can not imagine it is any different, also, I noticed other cars with similar VIN's (only slightly off), were loaded on other ships so it just has to be, VIN's are somewhat given in order of production). Like you, I cannot imagine we would have to wait another 14 days.

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #55
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I don't know for sure but I just did some different searches on the 2wglobal.com website and I did find data for the Tortugas, but as of yet it is not showing any data for any 3 series on that ship...

It does show some Porsche's and Mitsubishi SUV's and several other things that I cannot easily trace from what it could be, but no 3 series VIN's.

The only thing that could be positive is that the cars might still be on board without available tracking, which, so I've read, happened before. I hope this is the case, also when I look to the total amount of cars/cargo that is listed in the tracking system, it shows only 100-200 pieces of cargo and for a ship that big, I think that it is a bit on the low side (unless that cargo consists of big, heavy cranes).

I haven't heard from my CA yet, which is not a good sign either. I spoke to him yesterday on his day off and he told me he would let me know if the car was indeed on that ship. According to him, his system is only about 12 hours off so it should be visible by now if it is indeed on there.

Seeing how many times the 2wglobal system was offline last weekend, I hope there is a glitch in their system and that the car(s) are still on board but, I kind of start to lose hope and am afraid we will have to wait at least 2 weeks longer for our cars

And if so, that's going to cause an extra problem for me as I received a renewal notification for the registration of my car lease (452 USD), and I don't feel much in paying that for a few weeks of extra driving in my lease. Now, if it is on board of the Tortugas, I would simply drop my lease off at the end of March so I wouldn't have to pay the registration and would only be without car for a few days but a few weeks is a whole different story... sigh.. I just hope they are on board of the Tortugas and but I am kind of starting to lose hope

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 04:35 PM   #56
Weaselboy
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I just hope they are on board of the Tortugas and but I am kind of starting to lose hope
I'm not very optimistic about that as this point.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #57
jzcrna
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

I'm on the east coast and finished production 2/16. the phone message still says my car is on the way to the port of exit.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #58
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I just received confirmation from my dealer, he send me a print screen of their computer system and the car is on the Tortugas with an estimated arrival in CA on March 21st

Now, if everything goes smooth at the VPC, hopefully it will ship out on the 24th and will arrive in Honolulu on the 28th. Then it takes 2 days according to my dealer for me to be able to take delivery, so let's say March 30/31 if everything goes smooth. If not, then another ship goes on 03/28 and yet another one on 03/31 (which would push the delivery date up to April 07, which is the exact date my lease ends lol).

After some not-so-good news earlier this morning, this surely makes my day again

Btw, seeing my situation, I can only say to those in doubt: contact your dealer as it might be on the same ship

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 05:52 PM   #59
Weaselboy
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I just received confirmation from my dealer, he send me a print screen of their computer system and the car is on the Tortugas with an estimated arrival in CA on March 21st
Whoa... that is good news.

Your car was done a week before mine and Matt's though. I just don't think they got our cars to the port and on a ship in one day. (fingers crossed)
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 06:34 PM   #60
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Whoa... that is good news.

Your car was done a week before mine and Matt's though. I just don't think they got our cars to the port and on a ship in one day. (fingers crossed)
It's short indeed but it is possible. Hopefully the tracking online becomes fully available soon for you guys

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #61
matt_435xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm not very optimistic about that as this point.
check with your dealer, you may be pleasantly surprised like svache.

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 07:16 PM   #62
MacAttackBMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Now, if everything goes smooth at the VPC, hopefully it will ship out on the 24th and will arrive in Honolulu on the 28th. Then it takes 2 days according to my dealer for me to be able to take delivery, so let's say March 30/31 if everything goes smooth. If not, then another ship goes on 03/28 and yet another one on 03/31 (which would push the delivery date up to April 07, which is the exact date my lease ends lol).

After some not-so-good news earlier this morning, this surely makes my day again

Btw, seeing my situation, I can only say to those in doubt: contact your dealer as it might be on the same ship
What does the 800 number say for you? Do you see it on the shipping site? My CA is looking into mine - no dice yet. You and I finished production the same day!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 12:38 AM   #63
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
What does the 800 number say for you? Do you see it on the shipping site? My CA is looking into mine - no dice yet. You and I finished production the same day!
The 'my bmw' part of bmwusa.com still shows the same and it's the same with the 800 number: "Your vehicle is at the port awaiting a shipping vessel, there is no shipping information available at this time", so nothing new there.

I still don't see it on the shipping site, nor do I see any other BMW listed on the shipping site on board of the Tortugas. I am able to see a lot of other cargo on the Tortugas by using a different way of searching (other brand cars and such) but no BMW 3 series.

If you finished production the same day, it better be on the same ship as well if you ask me.

Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 12:43 AM   #64
MacAttackBMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
The 'my bmw' part of bmwusa.com still shows the same and it's the same with the 800 number: "Your vehicle is at the port awaiting a shipping vessel, there is no shipping information available at this time", so nothing new there.

I still don't see it on the shipping site, nor do I see any other BMW listed on the shipping site on board of the Tortugas. I am able to see a lot of other cargo on the Tortugas by using a different way of searching (other brand cars and such) but no BMW 3 series.

If you finished production the same day, it better be on the same ship as well if you ask me.
Well my Hawaiian friend - I hope you're right! Why the $&@* can't BMW have up to date logistic tracking!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 12:44 AM   #65
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Well my Hawaiian friend - I hope you're right! Why the $&@* can't BMW have up to date logistic tracking!!!
Agreed, they should at least show the same information over the telephone and the mybmw section online as the dealer has in his system. I can understand 2wglobal is out of their hands but their own systems? Bleh :/

No news from your CA yet?

Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 08:44 AM   #66
MacAttackBMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Agreed, they should at least show the same information over the telephone and the mybmw section online as the dealer has in his system. I can understand 2wglobal is out of their hands but their own systems? Bleh :/

No news from your CA yet?
Hope to hear today.
Appreciate 0