F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > BMW F30 3 Series Coding DIY - Code Auto Start Stop, DVD, Folding Mirrors, Etc.
Studio RSR

02-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #2531
bananachipz
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 Mineral Gray 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puri1 View Post
I've been going through the final few pages of the post and I'm surprised that people actually got the Bluetooth Audio working.
I've coded my car a few times before thanks to many of you here. I'm trying to learn how to do that. I did check my car and I have a similar combox in the boot.

Does anyone have a step by step for this? I saw pixelfreak's post and then read something about a 'special' code that Shawn has a hookup for, all in all, I'm VERY confused.. :P

Could some one PM or just reply back with a summary of what needs to be done? Thanks guys..
Dude... you know you're helpin' a brother out when you get this done right? I've been too busy to be able to figure it out..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 11:14 AM   #2532
ridin135
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day

Has anyone found a way to code in order to get video output to work on the navigation from an iPhone/ipad?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #2533
Puri1
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 328i 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananachipz View Post
Dude... you know you're helpin' a brother out when you get this done right? I've been too busy to be able to figure it out..
Without a doubt

I'll try this out as soon as I get home and let you know... Fingers crossed!! hopefully it works..
      02-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #2534
bananachipz
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 Mineral Gray 335i

Quote:
Without a doubt

I'll try this out as soon as I get home and let you know... Fingers crossed!! hopefully it works..
Awesome man.... keep me posted... Don't tell Maz :P
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #2535
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Ok, I finally managed to disable the BMW Assist menu and replace it with Connected Drive but when I go to BMW Live, it keeps asking to activate BT data service when I already enabled it on HU_CIC.

Shawn, is there a way you can do this through USB tethering?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #2536
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aritaurus View Post
Ok, I finally managed to disable the BMW Assist menu and replace it with Connected Drive but when I go to BMW Live, it keeps asking to activate BT data service when I already enabled it on HU_CIC.

Shawn, is there a way you can do this through USB tethering?
How did you disable assist?

Did you replace 6NL with 6NK?

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #2537
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
How did you disable assist?

Did you replace 6NL with 6NK?
I was actually on 6NH and changed it to 6NK. I just FDL coded a few things on HU_CIC and got connected drive to come up.

I think this is the part where I need to use a ghost vin like you said earlier. For me, I have nothing to lose since I don't have BMW assist. It just shows up on my menu with some phone numbers to call for service.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #2538
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridin135 View Post
Has anyone found a way to code in order to get video output to work on the navigation from an iPhone/ipad?
You mean video in? When it comes from the iphone/ipad that is...

Would be nice if a video output could be used.. I have two portable dvd screens in my car that have all cables hidden and such, so it looks neat, but it's not connected to the idrive... it would be cool if that was possible to achieve

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #2539
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
I of course bought the sat fsc code and still have nothing to show for it since the coding session on Saturday, the shop had no experiences with such a code.

It would be amazing if someone could do a write up of a step by step of how to activate once the fsc code has been purchased.
Anyone?

'98 Dinan/RMS stage 2+(VAC cams, CES Cutring etc)
'15 Buick Regal "T"(wife)
'06 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt (full suspension, LSD, clipped turbo etc)
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #2540
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
Anyone?
I have a pretty good idea how it can be done with E-Sys. When you are ready to try, PM me.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #2541
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
I have a pretty good idea how it can be done with E-Sys. When you are ready to try, PM me.
PM sent!

'98 Dinan/RMS stage 2+(VAC cams, CES Cutring etc)
'15 Buick Regal "T"(wife)
'06 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt (full suspension, LSD, clipped turbo etc)
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #2542
john_f30
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchicha View Post
Hi Shawn,
could you please send me the links for the new world: 48.3, 3.22 Esys, and contact to purchase the patch and new token. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan
You do not have enough posts to receive PM's, so I need your email.
Hi Shawn.. can u please pm me the links too.. thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 07:00 PM   #2543
Puri1
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Sent you a PM puri. The code you're talking about is the E-sys token which is needed for pszdata 48.3. I remember you mentioned that you able to use 48.1 earlier before you helped me get started with this coding stuff so you're fine =p

Feel free to let me know if you need anymore help on the BT audio because that was one of the first things coded to my car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananachipz View Post

OK.. DONE !!!!

Works flawlessly.. This was the one thing I desired the most.. It's actually the easiest thing to do.. Thanks Aritaurus..

Banana here are the instructions Aritaurus gave me..

Under VCM, select read then save the FA (up top) then edit and on the FA folder, you will see something called salapa element. Once you're in there, you will see all the feature codes on your vehicle order; the one you want to change is 6NH which is your USB and Bluetooth feature - change this to 6NK and hit apply.

Once you're done that, activate the FA and right click HU_CIC folder and select code. Once your idrive reboots, you will see the office menu and extended Bluetooth. After that, right click cmb_media and code. This will allow your iphone cable to sync with idrive in the armrest.

One thing now.. I tried coding my other stuff back and it's now asking for EST something something? Est missing ? I just did a fresh install on a new system so I'm guessing its an install problem.. Any ideas anyone?
      02-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #2544
Puri1
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Weird. I tried pairing a Samsung Galaxy Note and had the same problem. I'll see if I can pair a blackberry and see if does the same thing.
Any update on getting office to work? It's doing the same thing for me ie Nothing!!
      02-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #2545
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F30 310i > G20 310i

Quote:
I was actually on 6NH and changed it to 6NK. I just FDL coded a few things on HU_CIC and got connected drive to come up.

I think this is the part where I need to use a ghost vin like you said earlier. For me, I have nothing to lose since I don't have BMW assist. It just shows up on my menu with some phone numbers to call for service.
In the telephone (bluetooth phone pairing) menu, highlight the phone and hit "Option" (the lower right button on your idrive controller - beside back), in your telephone settings, are you able to select/tick box Phone, Additional Phone, Audio, Data. That's how we enable data via bluetooth on ours
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 07:50 PM   #2546
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
One thing now.. I tried coding my other stuff back and it's now asking for EST something something? Est missing ? I just did a fresh install on a new system so I'm guessing its an install problem.. Any ideas anyone?
do you have the code away.est file and have esys program properties point to this. This is the password pin file to code, but only works with esys 3.18.4 and up to psdzdata 48.2 (48.1 to be absolutely safe)
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 07:51 PM   #2547
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
You mean video in? When it comes from the iphone/ipad that is...

Would be nice if a video output could be used.. I have two portable dvd screens in my car that have all cables hidden and such, so it looks neat, but it's not connected to the idrive... it would be cool if that was possible to achieve
If this works, could also retrofit a front camera instead of retrofitting front pdc
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 08:32 PM   #2548
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kon View Post
In the telephone (bluetooth phone pairing) menu, highlight the phone and hit "Option" (the lower right button on your idrive controller - beside back), in your telephone settings, are you able to select/tick box Phone, Additional Phone, Audio, Data. That's how we enable data via bluetooth on ours
I have all the bluetooth options there except for Data. I'm pretty sure I set that to Aktiv on HU_CIC but I guess like I need to program a EU VIN temporarily into my combox like Shawn mentioned before.

Is there a way I can obtain one with those options on it?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #2549
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Any update on getting office to work? It's doing the same thing for me ie Nothing!!
Looks like SMS works fine but not emails. You have to be on iOS6 if it's an iPhone and on the bluetooth profile, you have to make sure "Show notifications" is set to on.

Also, it took me a while to find out that you only see the messages at the time you receive them while in the car. All older and archived messages won't show at all.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #2550
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
I have all the bluetooth options there except for Data. I'm pretty sure I set that to Aktiv on HU_CIC but I guess like I need to program a EU VIN temporarily into my combox like Shawn mentioned before.

Is there a way I can obtain one with those options on it?
Data I believe should be coding in COMBOX, again HU_CIC is just what you see on screen not the actual functionality, changes has to be made in conjunction with the relevant ECU to make them work together.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #2551
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Looks like SMS works fine but not emails. You have to be on iOS6 if it's an iPhone and on the bluetooth profile, you have to make sure "Show notifications" is set to on.

Also, it took me a while to find out that you only see the messages at the time you receive them while in the car. All older and archived messages won't show at all.
I have both iPhone (ios6.1) and BB 9900, SMS & Email work flawlessly (with all sms/mail being synced), but IOS only sync new message that arrive after the phone is paired.

A friend informed Android also work flawlessly, so the problem is with IOS, though Apple said they support MAP, but all we see is half-ass sync using notification window.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #2552
YMB-M3-J2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman925 View Post
Yea that is my main concern. I am just wondering if anyone has any experience bringing it in to a dealer at the end of a lease or w.e and see if they had any issues with it. If the service department noticed it, would it be something major enough where they wouldn't work on the car?

End of lease the service department doesn't look at it. Just someone from the sales department. Do what you want to the car now. They are not going to bust your balls over little stuff. If you are really concerned just code everything back before you turn it in.
Appreciate 0