F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Picking up my 335i EBII from BMW Welt in 12 hours...
Extreme Powerhouse

12-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
Kozality
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport w/xDrive

Picking up my 335i EBII from BMW Welt in 12 hours...

Just as it says.

We're here, my wife and I, in Munich, Germany. Having taken the ICE from Stuttgart on Saturday, we explored the Christmas market all day in Marienplatz. But now we're back at the hotel, resting up for our early day tomorrow.

I pick up my 335i from BMW Welt at 9AM tomorrow morning. =)

We'll hopefully squeeze in a factory tour, then drive it back to our new home in Stuttgart to enjoy during the rest of our few years here in Germany.

What can I say? I'm stoaked. =)

We're bringing our camera along tomorrow, and hoping to have plenty of opportunity to photo document the pickup and the ride home. Should be one for the years to come.

Thanks to the F30post community for letting me share this with you all!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 04:31 PM   #2
roadcarver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 13 e82 135i /13 F30 335i

I can imagine your excitement. I just picked our estoril blue 335i Thursday. I considered European delivery but did not think I could handle the long wait to get the car back in the states. I would love to see the Welt. I hope you have a great delivery and trip
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 08:58 PM   #3
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Just did mine with the family in November. Should be arriving on US soil next Thursday. We were so wrapped up in the whole experience I hardly THOUGHT to take many pics. Congrats! You'll love it!

Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #4
EB_F30
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 13' M Sport 335 6MT

Congrats...I'm in Italy and thought about it but have so much going on I couldn't fit it in but next time I'm doing it, I still plan to come up in the spring and do a factory tour. Germany is beautiful and I encourage anyone thinking about doing the ED pick up to do it that are stateside. Have fun!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 05:18 AM   #5
Kozality
Germany
Rep

Thanks much!

Our drive from Munich to Stuttgart was a delight. Between the break-in period, and the appearance of rain halfway through the drive at night, we didn't really get to stretch its legs much, but we did a brief sprint at 150kph that was fun. The car hardly seemed to be trying, but it was still a rush. Looking forward to getting past the break-in period.

We won't have broadband internet until the new year, so the pictures will have to wait. It was cloudy day for the most part, but the sun peeked out long enough for me to get some good pictures of the BMW headquarters. Both the museum and factory were closed, but the BMW rep gave us both vouchers for each, so we can come back any time and get admission and a tour.

Otherwise the pickup was great. The staff was wonderful, the car was immaculate, and getting to rest/relax in the lounge was fantastic. The rep was great in giving us a tutorial of the systems, which was probably more helpful than he might have thought considering we had a 2 hour drive ahead of us in a foreign country with a car we'd never really driven before!

I'm currently pricing out proper winter tires to replace my all-seasons, and will be taking some recommendations for "19s for the summer. The weather's mostly cleared up around here, but we had slush/ice on the road for a solid week earlier, and the M3 owners around here all say that if you want to drive the Alps, proper tires are a must. Who am I to argue. =)

More to come!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 05:20 AM   #6
Kozality
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic View Post
Just did mine with the family in November. Should be arriving on US soil next Thursday. We were so wrapped up in the whole experience I hardly THOUGHT to take many pics. Congrats! You'll love it!
My wife, not exactly be the car person I am, was nonetheless awesome in that while I was getting the tutorial and presentation, she was bouncing around with the dSLR getting shots of everything. Divide and conquer.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 03:56 PM   #7
mdsbuc
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M Sport-'12MustGT 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozality View Post
Thanks much!

Our drive from Munich to Stuttgart was a delight. Between the break-in period, and the appearance of rain halfway through the drive at night, we didn't really get to stretch its legs much, but we did a brief sprint at 150kph that was fun. The car hardly seemed to be trying, but it was still a rush. Looking forward to getting past the break-in period.

We won't have broadband internet until the new year, so the pictures will have to wait....
More to come!
Kozality, congrats on the new car! I'm sure that she's sweet! Please be sure to post lots of photos once you've got the broadband hooked up.

2013 335i M Sport- EBII / BLACK / Dk Walnut /Packages- Prem / DHP / Tech / Driver Assist / DA Plus Options- 8 Sprt AT / Htd FS / HK / Hi Bm Asst /403 19" w/perf tyres

Ordered: 12/15/12, ED Delivery Date: 04/23/13
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #8
mdsbuc
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

BF, Pleeeeeease post more photos of your beautiful F30 to help me "hang on" for the next four months!!!! Your car is gorgeous! What interior did you chose?

2013 335i M Sport- EBII / BLACK / Dk Walnut /Packages- Prem / DHP / Tech / Driver Assist / DA Plus Options- 8 Sprt AT / Htd FS / HK / Hi Bm Asst /403 19" w/perf tyres

Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #9
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsbuc View Post
BF, Pleeeeeease post more photos of your beautiful F30 to help me "hang on" for the next four months!!!! Your car is gorgeous! What interior did you chose?
Black Dakota.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 03:56 AM   #10
Kozality
Germany
Rep

Lovely pictures. Wish I could upload all of mine yet.

We went with the Venetian Beige ourselves. I like the way it turned out. Blue trim, Aluminium Hexagon, and that light "khaki" color from the line down. Gives it a bright interior, and by our thinking, it won't bake in the sun if it has to sit out like our previous black interior car did. (We're in Germany now, but I'm certain this car will make it back to Northern Virginia eventually.)

Just ordered a set of Sottozero IIs for the rest of the winter...
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 05:55 AM   #11
mdsbuc
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Black Dakota.
Trim? Hexagon Aluminum or Dark Burl Walnut?

Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 07:23 AM   #12
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsbuc View Post
Trim? Hexagon Aluminum or Dark Burl Walnut?
Black Dakota Leather. Aluminum hex trim with black accent. It's very subdued on the inside. I wanted red but the significant other wouldn't go for it.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 07:24 AM   #13
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Lovely pictures. Wish I could upload all of mine yet.

We went with the Venetian Beige ourselves. I like the way it turned out. Blue trim, Aluminium Hexagon, and that light "khaki" color from the line down. Gives it a bright interior, and by our thinking, it won't bake in the sun if it has to sit out like our previous black interior car did. (We're in Germany now, but I'm certain this car will make it back to Northern Virginia eventually.)

Just ordered a set of Sottozero IIs for the rest of the winter...
Yeah, black in NoVA would definitely by hot! It's bad enough here in PA. I always end up with black interiors it seams. I fear a lighter color would never hold up with my messy kids.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 08:11 AM   #14
Kozality
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Black Dakota Leather. Aluminum hex trim with black accent. It's very subdued on the inside. I wanted red but the significant other wouldn't go for it.
My copilot wasn't keen on a red interior either.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #15
mdsbuc
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic
Aluminum Hex with black accent sounds great! It should be quite beautiful, I believe!

Quote:
My copilot wasn't keen on a red interior either.
I brought the idea up in our home a couple of times too, but alas to no avail...

----------------------------

Appreciate 0