F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > Dealer Recommendation in Mass
Studio RSR

12-22-2014, 04:49 PM   #23
erroberts1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Imperial Blue F36 428i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinnrice View Post
I just got my car. I went to BMW norwell, BMW sudbury. Very nice people. But I ended up getting my car through bestbuyleasing.com. Sales guy was Michael. Got my car for a lot less compared to sudbury and norwell, but they were all nice to my son and I when we went looking.
I had a tough time with Sudbury who were unwilling to give me a quote via email ("come on in and we'll talk!"), but enjoyed dealing with Peabody and Nashua. I ultimately got the car from Premier in Hyannis. Unfortunately I did not enjoy working with Herb Chambers in Boston which is my closest dealer.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 06:56 PM   #24
Haydn31
Rep
Drives: 428i M Sport

I checked with two eastern Mass dealers but came away unimpressed. I bought my car from David Aviles of Steve Thomas BMW in Camarillo, CA. He gave me a much better price with no dickering and the transaction was very easy. I picked up my 428i in Munich and had it re delivered at the Performance Center earlier this month. I'll never buy a car any other way. Thanks again to Steve and Katie. I recommend them highly.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 07:44 PM   #25
jinnrice
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by erroberts1 View Post
I had a tough time with Sudbury who were unwilling to give me a quote via email ("come on in and we'll talk!"), but enjoyed dealing with Peabody and Nashua. I ultimately got the car from Premier in Hyannis. Unfortunately I did not enjoy working with Herb Chambers in Boston which is my closest dealer.
Ya I got that from Norwood BMW... Come on down and talk bullshit. At the end I asked him just give me your best number and if I like it I'll come down... He finally said "I don't want to give you a number so you can shop around". Isnt this the new way of shopping?!
Anyways. If you guys have any problems with your bimmer. I have a friend that is a master tech at sudbury. Warranty or not he is always thorough. Look for Terry.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2015, 05:12 PM   #26
abinder99
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 435i xdrive convertible

I just ordered my 435 convertible today from Shrewsbury. They use truecar. Great experience. $4k off msrp.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2015, 09:53 PM   #27
Ls1Rx7
Rep
Drives: 2014 320

Don't do business with The Gallery In Norwood.
This is coming from someone who's worked as a car salesmen, and someone who lives across the street from the dealership.

I literally went out of my way to buy in Herb Chambers in Boston after spending 6 hours getting dicked around in Norwood. I was absolutely sure I was going to work with our local dealership and they drove me the fuck out of there.

The good news is that Herb Chambers in Boston was about as easy as you could imagine. No pressure from sales or in the finance department, and they got us out of there as quickly as can be reasonably expected.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 07:52 AM   #28
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinnrice View Post
Ya I got that from Norwood BMW... Come on down and talk bullshit. At the end I asked him just give me your best number and if I like it I'll come down... He finally said "I don't want to give you a number so you can shop around". Isnt this the new way of shopping?!
The first rule of salesmanship is get the customer in the door. The second is don't let them leave without making a deal. Experience tells you that most shoppers won't come back, because everyone pays the same price for their cars, so anyone can match a price, even beat it by a few bucks, and after going to a second dealer no customer wants to invest more time in retracing their steps.
This runs completely counter to the internet. If you do your research you know what's on the lot, and what the car should sell for, so there's no need to go to a dealer to dicker. Send an email asking for a quote, out the door all inclusive. If they don't want to give it to you move on, there's more than one dealer.
I got my GT from BMW of Stratham in New Hampshire. It took me a half hour to get a quote and make the deal, because I had all my ducks in a row before I started. I got the same price that I would have through True Car or any of the other buying services.
Quote:
I see lot of used F30s at the Warwick dealership in RI. Any experience with them?
They put Lojack in every car, whether you want it or not. That's probably a good idea if you live or work in the city, but if not it's an unnecessary expense, especially if you get nav with BMW Assist, which is like On Star. Lojack is a high profit add-on, so make sure you get at least a $200 discount off what they want to charge for it.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 10:14 AM   #29
Squddie
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by erroberts1 View Post
I leased from Alex Dytko in Peabody. Very smooth, no problems, negotiations very straightforward.

The Herb Chambers dealerships were never pushy on me. But they have very odd policies when it comes to talking numbers. The HC Mercedes dealership was actually so bad that the HC BMW guys in Sudbury got a bit of fallout they didn't deserve (sorry guys). In any case I am very happy with Peabody and Alex.

Didn't have to use their service yet, not a single thing wrong with my ride.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 03:36 AM   #30
Versipellis
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F36 440i xDrive M-Sport

I got my old Bimmer from Shrewsbury. They promised to patch up a ton of cosmetic damages on my CPO that were pretty severe, but never did it. Three times. I gave up eventually. Prices were "okay".

Norwood's people are really weird with emails. They don't seem to ever address the questions you email them, and instead copy and paste from a stock email about their current promotions. That is, until all that's in your email is the one question you wanted answered.

When I was shopping for my old bimmer I checked in at Herb Chambers Boston. Agreed that they're not pushy at all, and instead are quite helpful with what you're looking for specifically. That said, it didn't seem like their prices were very competitive or flexible, it was like "take it or leave it".

That said, I'm in the market to order a new 435GC sometime in the next half a year... Any recommendations from someone who's got a good experience and a good deal for custom orders recently?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2015, 07:00 AM   #31
abinder99
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 435i xdrive convertible

I priced my custom build on truecar. It was $4k less than Norwood's best offer. Herb couldn't touch it. Shrewsbury honored it. Gene K at Shrewsbury is a good guy.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2015, 07:57 AM   #32
Versipellis
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F36 440i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by abinder99 View Post
I priced my custom build on truecar. It was $4k less than Norwood's best offer. Herb couldn't touch it. Shrewsbury honored it. Gene K at Shrewsbury is a good guy.
He's the Shrewbury guy I had who over-promised and never delivered for me.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 12:16 AM   #33
MickAv8r
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 EBII 328ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versipellis View Post
That said, I'm in the market to order a new 435GC sometime in the next half a year... Any recommendations from someone who's got a good experience and a good deal for custom orders recently?
It was a year ago but I can recommend SA Frank Chafe at Tulley in Nashua. We did a custom order, he kept trying to find cars that were "close" until I said "dude I WANT the custom build" - obviously they are trying to move inventory thats already readily available. In the end they beat TrueCar with ease, but then I had to fight a bit with the Sales Manager, typical good cop bad cop bullshit on pricing - I've noticed he has since been "demoted" to a Sales Advisor and there is a new guy as the manager. Dont know if he's better or worse. Regardless Frank was great, got me a very reasonable price, got me the Munich build I wanted and ordered in a timely manner and made sure the car was prepped correctly for me when it arrived - ie no wash, no bumper drilled etc.

2014 328ix EBII - Sport AT, Light Pkg, Blk Dakota, Moonroof, Navigation, Heated Seats, HK Audio, Driver Assist, Sport Pedals, Dinan Springs, Bilstein B8s, M-Performance BBK
Appreciate 0