F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > how to clean and condition the black matte exterior trim
ARMA SPEED

07-11-2015, 10:34 PM   #1
mdavis12
El Presidente
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i xdrive

how to clean and condition the black matte exterior trim

thanks to the suggestion on an earlier thread where i was looking for a wash mitt. I bought some supplies from autogeek (CG Bug and tar shampoo, Glossworkz, diablo gel wheel cleaner, carpro PERL, car pro gold wash mitt). they price matched CG prices which was nice

Very happy with the results, although I would not recommend the wash mitt as it does not feel dense enough (ordered CG wash mitt).

The PERL did a great job on the interior plastics and dash. I also used it on the exterior trim (bottom windows, outside B pillar), however I don't think i worked as well as it did on the interior. it rained a bit today, and i can see it washing off.

What do you guys use to maintain the exterior trim, ideally looking for something more water resistant? also any recommendation for cleaning products would also be appreciated.

Here are some pics:

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2015, 08:13 AM   #2
snj49er
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '20 M5C

You might want to try carpro dlux.

http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...wheel-coating/

My wife's mini is not kept in a garage and its acres of textured plastic look good for about six months with dlux...but it is a little pricey.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2015, 09:47 AM   #3
mdavis12
El Presidente
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i xdrive

thanks for info. a bit pricy you're right. but i'll keep this in mind when i come across it.
Appreciate 0