F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Plastidip service in San Diego county
Extreme Powerhouse

06-02-2017, 02:55 PM   #1
mmackinlaySD
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i GC

Plastidip service in San Diego county

Hi there,

I've recently relocated back to San Diego from Seattle (thank God!!!!) and have a new to me, black on black, 428i Grand Coupe, with M-sport trim inside.

I'd like to get the wheels and grill blacked out - maybe with black gloss plastidip. I've done plastidip myself before, but it's time consuming and a bit of a hassle - so I'm happy to have someone do it for me.

Looking for a reputable service - any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

Marcelo
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2017, 11:25 AM   #2
fourdirtyfive
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F32 435i M-Sport/MPPK/MPE

Hey, I also just moved to SD from the PNW, and recently picked up a CPO 435. I'm looking for a good shop to powdercoat/paint my rims glossy black.

Personally, I think plastidip looks a bit cheap, especially given how nice the 4 series looks. I plastidipped + glossified my rims and grille on my old Lexus IS - and while it looks alright for the first couple days/week, it gets dirty very easily and ruins the classiness of the 4 series. Is there any reason you're not looking to paint/powdercoat? The finish is a lot better and it'll hold up better in the long run. Also, you can also find the BMW gloss black kidney grilles online, and easily swap them in.
Appreciate 0