F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Apple Watch 3, do I need one?
Extreme Powerhouse

09-24-2017, 02:08 PM   #67
Drek
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Ferrari F430 F1

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Yea for now EE has exclusivity, other networks will get it at some point.
Be daft if they didn't. A quick google doesn't throw up much, early days yet.
www.bmwland.org.uk
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 10:44 AM   #68
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

I?m still debating whether to get one!

Has anyone bought a series 3 yet?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 11:35 AM   #69
Spacer
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M135i, becoming an X3!

Garage List
I’ve got a S3 cellular, and quite like it. I’m an Apple geek, though..... so I’m probably based! Happy to answer any questions that anyone has.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 11:36 AM   #70
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacer View Post
I’ve got a S3 cellular, and quite like it. I’m an Apple geek, though..... so I’m probably based! Happy to answer any questions that anyone has.
Do i need one??
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 12:20 PM   #71
MrChumley
Major
Rep
Drives: F33 440i convertible

Have I mentioned that paying for drinks with your Apple Watch is guaranteed to impress pretty young barmaids - reason enough to buy one, I think
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 12:40 PM   #72
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChumley View Post
Have I mentioned that paying for drinks with your Apple Watch is guaranteed to impress pretty young barmaids - reason enough to buy one, I think
I have noticed Apple pay in a few places, I haven?t bothered setting it up on my iPhone yet though.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 01:11 PM   #73
simon.
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 25D mSport

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChumley View Post
I have noticed Apple pay in a few places, I haven?t bothered setting it up on my iPhone yet though.
Whhhaaaatt?!!!!

It?s so seamless, simple & effective & you?re not restricted to the £30 that contactless card payments are.

Re the Apple Watch, don’t think I’d get that much benefit from one so I’ve not bothered up to now.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 01:31 PM   #74
Spacer
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Do i need one??
Need: probably not. Want, and get use from: almost certainly!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 01:33 PM   #75
Spacer
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Just to give you an idea of how I use mine..... I have Apple Pay set up on it, and use it frequently to pay for inexpensive purchases. I can’t take it to work, but I do wear it a lot when I’m out and about. I’m a watch collector, and wear it more than most of my others, but it’s very handy. I left my phone at home when I went to the pub last Saturday. Had a call on the walk round, and the caller could hear me (And me them) clearly. It was a nice feeling to have the phone if needed, but to not have to carry it round!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 01:33 PM   #76
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Need: probably not. Want, and get use from: almost certainly!
Hmmm, I think i’ll only get it past the wife if i ‘need’ one!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 01:42 PM   #77
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon. View Post
Whhhaaaatt?!!!!

It?s so seamless, simple & effective & you?re not restricted to the £30 that contactless card payments are.

Re the Apple Watch, don’t think I’d get that much benefit from one so I’ve not bothered up to now.
Quote:
Just to give you an idea of how I use mine..... I have Apple Pay set up on it, and use it frequently to pay for inexpensive purchases. I can’t take it to work, but I do wear it a lot when I’m out and about. I’m a watch collector, and wear it more than most of my others, but it’s very handy. I left my phone at home when I went to the pub last Saturday. Had a call on the walk round, and the caller could hear me (And me them) clearly. It was a nice feeling to have the phone if needed, but to not have to carry it round!
Right I remember why I don’t use Apple pay now, my HSBC business debit card isn’t supported!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 01:46 PM   #78
simon.
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Whhhaaaatt?!!!!

Quote:
Right I remember why I don’t use Apple pay now, my HSBC business debit card isn’t supported!
How rubbish are they then! I?ve 3 different banks with 5 cards along with a credit card along with Costa / Starbucks & Store loyalty cards on mine. I?d not bother with store cards if I had to carry them.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 01:47 PM   #79
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
How rubbish are they then! I?ve 3 different banks with 5 cards along with a credit card along with Costa / Starbucks & Store loyalty cards on mine. I?d not bother with store cards if I had to carry them.
All their personal account cards are supported, just not business ones for some reason!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 01:54 PM   #80
Spacer
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hmmm, I think i’ll only get it past the wife if i ‘need’ one!
If you are a runner, it’ll increase your safety when you’re out and about ;-)
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 02:00 PM   #81
simon.
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
All their personal account cards are supported, just not business ones for some reason!
Weird. My Santander business card is supported. Just need to remember not to click on the wrong one as have 3 Santander cards on Apple Pay
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 02:22 PM   #82
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Weird. My Santander business card is supported. Just need to remember not to click on the wrong one as have 3 Santander cards on Apple Pay
HSBC are crap tbh, it?s just too much of a faff to change all my direct debits over to my Barclays personal account.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 04:13 PM   #83
Drek
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Took the plunge and bought one today after a demo in the store, a rather spiffy piece of kit if I say so myself. Not something I would wear all the time, I'm an analogue kinda guy and I can't quite bring myself put the Speedy on the bench. I'll mostly use it for my (gentle) running, beats my current set up of Polar and iPhone.
www.bmwland.org.uk
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 04:49 PM   #84
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Took the plunge and bought one today after a demo in the store, a rather spiffy piece of kit if I say so myself. Not something I would wear all the time, I'm an analogue kinda guy and I can't quite bring myself put the Speedy on the bench. I'll mostly use it for my (gentle) running, beats my current set up of Polar and iPhone.
Which version of the 3 did you get?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 05:43 PM   #85
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: Chav white Mercedes

I'm a huge apple fan but the watch is a bit of a step too far for me, I like a nice analogue watch, I'm quite traditional in that sense.

It just seems to be nasal people who own them and want to talk about them incessantly annoying other people.

I was at a wedding recently and a few undateables were there, needless to say they were wearing Apple watches.

Last edited by Broncho; 10-06-2017 at 01:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 06:41 PM   #86
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncho View Post
I'm a huge apple fan but the watch is a bit of a step too far for me, I like a nice analogue watch, I'm quite traditional in that sense.

It just seems to be nasal people who own them and want to talk about them incessantly annoying other people.

I was at a weeding recently and a few undateables were there, needless to say they were wearing Apple watches.
I certainly wouldn’t wear it for a wedding, that and meals out etc. are definitely occasions for my Tag or Rolex!

But for running, tracking everyday activity levels etc. is were the appeal is, just not sure that’s worth £25pm.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 09:33 PM   #87
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

The whole idea of having to recharge your watch. Imagine you are away and forgetting your charger.

My hugo boss wedding watch has gone 8 years on a battery at a time. I know my wife will probably get me the Apple Watch for xmas and I will end up gifting it back to her.

I like the idea of being able to switch off and putting my phones away. Cannot seem to escape as easily with a cellular watch.

Besides what are the SARS ratings?!

For running I use my Garmin. Although the Fit Bit 2 looks interesting. I get that an athlete or someone training may want to monitor a target heart rate.

I am in shape. Round is a shape.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 02:32 AM   #88
Drek
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Which version of the 3 did you get?
I went for the space grey Nike GPS + Cellular 42mm. Personally, I think the Cellular is a bit overkill for me but I'm a sucker for 'stuff'!
www.bmwland.org.uk
Appreciate 0