F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > How to make a scene in a Stealership
Extreme Powerhouse

06-14-2018, 05:07 PM   #23
ZeroFx
Major
Rep
Drives: M4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobby Clark View Post
Not getting embarrassed is one of the downsides of millennial UK today.
How would you feel if the dealer didn’t get embarrassed at you “loosing your rag”as you put it and just let you carry on.

Anyway, I didn’t say anything shouting or speaking loudly, i said making a scene which is what you were trying to do. Just because you weren’t embarrassed, doesn’t mean others in the showroom weren’t drawing a similar conclusion to the one I did.

I don’t think companies do hope people lay down. I think they genuinely try to help.
I had a couple issues with my car when I picked it up. Explained the issue to the dealer and after two visits (should really have been one) everything was sorted.
The dealer gave me an i8 for a weeekend as I had “been so reasonable about it all”. I said to him, “there was nothing to be unreasonable about I had a problem, you were helping to sort it out - which I knew you’d do”
Getting angry, loud, arsey about things never helps.
Spoken like a true vested interest.

Im sorry but BMW doesnt have my best interest at heart when they take a product they dont make and charge 300% more than retail by putting a BMW Genuine badge on a bosch product. Nor did they try and help when they tried to lock down servicing to cut out indi's. How about void warranty for using OEM parts of the same quality made by the same people?

Was they genuinely trying to help when they were cheating the emissions tests pumping Nox into your children's lungs? How about when they put profits over your safety by refusing to recall cars for life threatening safety problems?

Did they do me a favour when they tried to sell me a car which had been in a serious accident without informing me of the damage which had been repaired? How about when they damaged my car before i took delivery of it and then tried to claim that the condition was normal for a car with 3000 miles to have multiple stone chips and windscreen pitting and 2 curbed alloys and dents in the door.

Im guessing when they tried to sell me a car with 25,000 miles which had 4mm left on the brake pads and 100 stone chips and pitting on windscreen and tried to deny that the vehicle could not have been clocked because they were unclockable?

What about the "no problem with theft" after hundreds of cars being stolen using relay devices?

Dont worry though they will give you an i8 for the weekend for being so reasonable for thinking the above is acceptable.

More fool you.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2018, 05:16 PM   #24
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroFx View Post

You cant embarrass your self if you dont get embarrassed.
Actually, you can.

Quote:
1) Tell me that BMW technician says its not possible to reset service light unless Visual inspection is done.
Seems fair. If I bought a second hand BMW, I would expect the service history to reflect work done by someone with the correct tools, dealer or independent. If done by joe bloggs then I would expect that to be clear.
Quote:
2) Tell me its against the law and fraud for BMW to reset service light when not all service has been done.
Reasonable point. The light is to indicate that everything has been done according to the manufacturer specifications, not those of ZeroFX GmbH
Quote:
3) Try and charge me 70 quid to do a tick box job on a load of non mechanical item such as "check warning triangle still present"and "check windscreen fluid levels" carried out by some apprentice who they pay in chocolate buttons.
You can always negotiate. Or take to an independent with a different price , less attractive receptionists, less free coffee and no range of cars to browse. Pays your money, takes your choice ... as with everything in life.
Quote:
= Me losing my rag in the service center showroom
Classy. Do you do that everywhere that you disagree with the price policy? Don't go to...well, thousands of places that charge a premium vs. the competition.
Quote:
and educating them a fair bit on what is and isnt illegal and how a basic menu resets the service counter on the dash.
Later in the thread it turned out to be tougher, so that education was a bit, erm, embarrassing.

Quote:
Result = Service Director explaining that its only BMW who stop them doing this and that they will do the oil service and vehicle check for 138 quid. And if i show them a receipt for the micro filter then they will reset that too.
He wanted you gone. Alternatively, you could have haggled that deal at the outset with a different approach.
Quote:
I must have woke up on the wrong side of bed this morning!
It does sound that way!

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 4
Rukka2647.00
vadimo310.00
      06-14-2018, 05:22 PM   #25
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
How would you feel if the dealer didn't get embarrassed at you "loosing your rag"as you put it and just let you carry on.

Anyway, I didn't say anything shouting or speaking loudly, i said making a scene which is what you were trying to do. Just because you weren't embarrassed, doesn't mean others in the showroom weren't drawing a similar conclusion to the one I did.

I don't think companies do hope people lay down. I think they genuinely try to help.
I had a couple issues with my car when I picked it up. Explained the issue to the dealer and after two visits (should really have been one) everything was sorted.
The dealer gave me an i8 for a weeekend as I had "been so reasonable about it all". I said to him, "there was nothing to be unreasonable about I had a problem, you were helping to sort it out - which I knew you'd do"

Im sorry but BMW doesnt have my best interest at heart when they take a product they dont make and charge 300% more than retail by putting a BMW Genuine badge on a bosch product. Nor did they try and help when they tried to lock down servicing to cut out indi's. How about void warranty for using OEM parts of the same quality made by the same people?

Was they genuinely trying to help when they were cheating the emissions tests pumping Nox into your children's lungs? How about when they put profits over your safety by refusing to recall cars for life threatening safety problems?

Did they do me a favour when they tried to sell me a car which had been in a serious accident without informing me of the damage which had been repaired? How about when they damaged my car before i took delivery of it and then tried to claim that the condition was normal for a car with 3000 miles to have multiple stone chips and windscreen pitting and 2 curbed alloys and dents in the door.

Im guessing when they tried to sell me a car with 25,000 miles which had 4mm left on the brake pads and 100 stone chips and pitting on windscreen and tried to deny that the vehicle could not have been clocked because they were unclockable?

What about the "no problem with theft" after hundreds of cars being stolen using relay devices?

Dont worry though they will give you an i8 for the weekend for being so reasonable for thinking the above is acceptable.

More fool you.
There's a lot to question in that post, but two random questions...

WHY do you keep going back to BMW after all of these experiences that upset you?

Do you really think it's unreasonable for brake pads to be heavily worn after 25k miles and therefore assume that the car is clocked?

Appreciate 2
      06-14-2018, 05:41 PM   #26
ZeroFx
Major
Rep
Drives: M4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashinBenzin View Post

WHY do you keep going back to BMW after all of these experiences that upset you?

Do you really think it's unreasonable for brake pads to be heavily worn after 25k miles and therefore assume that the car is clocked?
Another vested interest.

Car manufacturers are all as bad as one another. Some worse. More scandals than any other industry.

Do you not understand the difference between a service history and the service light based on a milage counter?

It is not illegal to reset a counter on the dash. I didnt ask them to lie about the service history. It was also easy to reset the counter even though they said the BMW master technician said it wasnt. So they lied to me twice to try and force me to pay their over priced services which i made clear i didnt want or need.

So either you cant read. Or you are another vested interest. Which one is it?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2018, 01:07 AM   #27
xenon
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 330i M-Sport

I think the OP is right. We're all limp-dicked weaklings (with a vested interest of course) who roll over and 'take it in the ass' to these bully-boy service advisors whereas what we should be doing is throwing a tantrum.

Good result.
Previous: 2018 A6 Avant S-Line MMI+, 2014 F31 320d M-Sport, 2013 F10 520d M-Sport, 2011 F10 530d M-Sport, 2008 320i M-Sport Coupe, 2002 325i, 2001 318i valvetronic, 1998 318i, 1996 525i, 1990 Porsche 944S2
Appreciate 4
Rukka2647.00
1 AKY459.00
      06-15-2018, 01:23 AM   #28
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon View Post
I think the OP is right. We're all limp-dicked weaklings (with a vested interest of course) who roll over and 'take it in the ass' to these bully-boy service advisors whereas what we should be doing is throwing a tantrum.

Good result.
Yep, he caught me out trying to defend my vested interest. I own seven dealerships

Appreciate 3
xenon1394.00
rich100874.50
      06-15-2018, 01:34 AM   #29
xenon
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 330i M-Sport

Quote:
I own seven dealerships
You do? Any chance you can reset my service indicator before I go on the rag?
Previous: 2018 A6 Avant S-Line MMI+, 2014 F31 320d M-Sport, 2013 F10 520d M-Sport, 2011 F10 530d M-Sport, 2008 320i M-Sport Coupe, 2002 325i, 2001 318i valvetronic, 1998 318i, 1996 525i, 1990 Porsche 944S2
Appreciate 5
KCH1984950.00
Russbmw680.00
vadimo310.00
      06-15-2018, 01:43 AM   #30
McBeemer
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 335d Xd MSport Touring

It's a little like going for a meal in a nice restaurant …. The wine list is handed over & you say "Oh We've brought our own bottle of Châteauneuf-du-Pape, which we'll drink with the meal" …. You can buy the bottle of wine in Tesco for around £12 quid, but the restaurant would be selling for around £36 quid.

We can't expect to have lavish surroundings, great attentive staff and experienced technical expertise, without there being some cost attached.

There is of course a balance, where a bit of negotiation can be done.

Gone: 2015 F31 320d M Sport Xdrive Auto

Last edited by McBeemer; 06-15-2018 at 02:15 AM..
Appreciate 2
      06-15-2018, 02:08 AM   #31
Nobby Clark
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F36 430d xDrive M Sport

Quote:

Im sorry but BMW doesn't have my best interest at heart...
Got bored by that point as nowhere did anyone claim BMW had your best interest at heart and I see you went in to rant mode again citing more unsupported facts.

Anyway, your teddy is over there by that i8 and note the doors to the dealership are automatic so they won't slam.
Appreciate 3
      06-15-2018, 02:12 AM   #32
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon View Post
Quote:
I own seven dealerships
You do? Any chance you can reset my service indicator before I go on the rag?

Yep, I even undercut the competition- £69 quid mate!

Appreciate 0
      06-15-2018, 02:50 AM   #33
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by philiper1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
I wonder if they monitor this forum, because since I slagged off Cooper Norwich on here a couple of years ago I have received incredible service from them! (Except for the interior light problem still not being fixed, which isn't really their fault)
It must be just they like you they are still bloody useless in sales department
It could be that Faith has a soft spot for me!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2018, 04:35 AM   #34
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SRB 440i GC

Quote:
Quote:
How would you feel if the dealer didn't get embarrassed at you "loosing your rag"as you put it and just let you carry on.

Anyway, I didn't say anything shouting or speaking loudly, i said making a scene which is what you were trying to do. Just because you weren't embarrassed, doesn't mean others in the showroom weren't drawing a similar conclusion to the one I did.

I don't think companies do hope people lay down. I think they genuinely try to help.
The dealer gave me an i8 for a weeekend as I had "been so reasonable about it all". I said to him, "there was nothing to be unreasonable about I had a problem, you were helping to sort it out - which I knew you'd do"

More fool you.
If you have such hostility to the BMW brand why do you drive one?

You seem to hate BMW.
Appreciate 1
      06-15-2018, 05:11 AM   #35
R0B
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Quote:

Another vested interest.

Car manufacturers are all as bad as one another. Some worse. More scandals than any other industry.

Do you not understand the difference between a service history and the service light based on a milage counter?

It is not illegal to reset a counter on the dash. I didnt ask them to lie about the service history. It was also easy to reset the counter even though they said the BMW master technician said it wasnt. So they lied to me twice to try and force me to pay their over priced services which i made clear i didnt want or need.

So either you cant read. Or you are another vested interest. Which one is it?
You sound bloody paranoid mate!
Appreciate 1
      06-15-2018, 06:01 AM   #36
philiper1
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: F21 M135i LCI

Garage List
Quote:
is that Trish version of Cooper?
      06-15-2018, 06:08 AM   #37
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
is that Trish version of Cooper?
No, but one of the receptionists is crazy hot!!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2018, 06:41 AM   #38
philiper1
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: F21 M135i LCI

Garage List
Quote:
no wonder how many times you go in to get things fixed!!
      06-15-2018, 07:32 AM   #39
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBeemer View Post
It's a little like going for a meal in a nice restaurant …. The wine list is handed over & you say "Oh We've brought our own bottle of Châteauneuf-du-Pape, which we'll drink with the meal" …. You can buy the bottle of wine in Tesco for around £12 quid, but the restaurant would be selling for around £36 quid....
That's an analogy I often use, can extend that to the fillet steak as well, take your own in at a fraction of the cost, even question the mark up for cooking it.

Personally I see having a "tantrum", "losing one's rag", or "making a scene" in front of other customers, is so immature and childlike. There is only one person who has made himself or herself look small.

Blasting off is a sign of weakness, not of strength. Is confrontational, gives a very negative impression and is no way to make friends or influence people. Even in BMW garages we need relationships to succeed.

Quietly siding up to the Service Manager and asking to have a word in his office, puts you in control. We are dealing with fellow humans, treat them as we would like to be treated, works wonders.
Appreciate 18
Rukka2647.00
MR_G4.50
teaston10994.50
allachie91334.00
McBeemer261.00
PJJD101.00
rich100874.50
Derrymilk190.00
1 AKY459.00
Russbmw680.00
vadimo310.00
      06-15-2018, 07:39 AM   #40
SilverGrey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport

Well said HighlandPete. I believe most things can be resolved without having to resort to such tactics. I believe in the long-run you get better results. I know of dealers who do their best to 'look after you' and when things go wrong, usually do their best to make things right.

Previous BMW's:
F36 420i Gran Coupe M Sport; Z4 Coupe 3.0si M Sport; E46 325i Sport coupe;
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2018, 09:06 AM   #41
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
no wonder how many times you go in to get things fixed!!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2018, 12:37 PM   #42
dizzy619
Major
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

Someone remind me not to open any more threads by the OP.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2018, 02:30 PM   #43
SteveChester
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
This is a great thread! OP a knobber.
Appreciate 2
dizzy619446.50
      06-16-2018, 12:33 PM   #44
agent003
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Dont have one yet (BMW) :(

Tbh...if they all had their way, the system would be completely locked down and Indys would be out of business. All I will say is that allot money passes hands for services rendered in good faith in all walks of business.... maybe if the OP sets himself up as Ltd company, he would get a bit more credibility and respect
Appreciate 0