F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Holiday delivery thread
ARMA SPEED

12-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #485
hollandog
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [9.00]
Picking mine up tomorrow after work.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #486
roadcarver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 13 e82 135i /13 F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark.L View Post
That's tomorrow, great news!

I should tentatively be picking mine up late next week.
Glad to hear yours is coming soon also mark. Maybe we should start a Holiday delivery picture thread once our cars arrive.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #487
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic View Post
Mine is ED, so I know customs takes a bit longer since they physically inspect the cars. I'm just hoping it doesn't add TOO much time. Since the car was already PDI'd, the VPC literally has nothing to do other than load it onto a truck for delivery.
VPC still checks car for transit damage.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 05:29 AM   #488
roadcarver
Lieutenant
Rep

Well, this morning I get to pick up our new estoril blue 335i m sport. I am really excited as its like Christmas morning when I was a kid. It will get to join my current 08 328i coupe in the garage. I still love my e92 as it drives and still looks new, great car. I am not sure if I will ever be able to part with it. Do you guys think it is possible they may copulate in my garage and pop out a new 235i in a year or two? Ha,ha. After we get it tinted and venture shielded I will post pictures next week.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #489
roadcarver
Lieutenant
Rep

All went well with the delivery today. Great experience from BMW of Chattanooga. The car was flawless and beautiful. The only frustrating thing is the break in period. The next 1200 miles will be difficult. I really like the exhaust sound and the seats are even better than the sport seats in my e92 which I did not believe could be improved upon. I will post some pictures late next week after we get the tints.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #490
dannyzlo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive Luxury Line

I'm on a boat!

Arriving in NJ on 12/26/2012, hopefully at my NJ dealer soon after.

+1 for holiday delivery photo thread.
      12-13-2012, 05:50 PM   #491
mark.L
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadcarver View Post
All went well with the delivery today. Great experience from BMW of Chattanooga. The car was flawless and beautiful. The only frustrating thing is the break in period. The next 1200 miles will be difficult. I really like the exhaust sound and the seats are even better than the sport seats in my e92 which I did not believe could be improved upon. I will post some pictures late next week after we get the tints.
Congrats! Enjoy her in good health.
Looking forward for the pics.
      12-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #492
roadcarver
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Congrats! Enjoy her in good health.
Looking forward for the pics.
Thanks Mark, any word on your delivery date yet?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #493
mark.L
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks Mark, any word on your delivery date yet?
If all goes smoothly, it should be at the dealership by next Wed or Thu and I'll be picking her up on Saturday the 22nd. Will be a sweet Christmas gift for myself.
      12-21-2012, 08:41 PM   #494
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Don Juan just pulled in to port. Fingers crossed for a quick trip through customs and the VPC!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 09:04 PM   #495
Sharp_Cai
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X4MC

Quote:
Don Juan just pulled in to port. Fingers crossed for a quick trip through customs and the VPC!
My car was unloaded off Palmela by today too at Oxnard , CA. Don't know how long is going to take for VPC and truck delivery. I hope it wont take more than 10 days, then I will have it b4 new year!
      12-22-2012, 12:05 PM   #496
roadcarver
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
If all goes smoothly, it should be at the dealership by next Wed or Thu and I'll be picking her up on Saturday the 22nd. Will be a sweet Christmas gift for myself.
Mark, did you get your car today? I hope so. I just finished washing mine up this morning from the last few days of rain. I got the venture shield put on Wednesday but did not have time for the tints yet. Hopefully getting those next week after Christmas. Lets start a picture thread for recent deliveries soon. I will post mine once I get it tinted.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 12:06 PM   #497
roadcarver
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Glad you are getting close.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 05:53 PM   #498
ianturner
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

Well I finally got my car. I had a SA build just waiting to get on a ship and nothing happening so I got my deposit back from my dealer and went elsewhere because I found a car I wanted and my dealer wasn't interested in getting the car for me. I picked up a 13 M Sport with every single option I wanted except for the parking assistant (something I ordered as a novelty anyways). It took about a week to get my deposit back because the GSM was being an ass but I finally got it back. It took threatening to contact BMW USA and the BBB about what they did in order for him to finally give me my deposit back but I got it back.

Background about my dealer's screw ups (copied from emails I sent the GSM):

-I sent my CA the details of my order Oct 20 to place the order.

- I received a partial screenshot of the order Oct 22. It was not a full list of options ordered. I voiced my concern of not seeing everything and I was assured that the car was ordered as I asked....I then asked for a full copy of the order details and I did not receive that until October 31 and I immediately expressed concern about the HK not being there.

-My vehicle was in 112 status at that time and was able to be changed....I expressed concern daily and it was never changed in the over a week between status 112 and 150.

The misrepresentation to me as a customer was I was told I would have a car by Christmas. I even extended that to the end of the year and was told there would be no problems with that. I gave ample opportunity and suggested multiple times that I thought it would take longer based upon what I read about South Africa orders and I was still told that it would be here by the end of the year. I then sold my car based on this.

I offered to pay more for a car than the one I ordered to be located and shipped. My CA located a car for me but said she couldn't tell me where it was but it was outside of the region. You guys then tried to sell me the hybrid and I said no that I would pay more to have this car that the CA located here to me and was told that you were not interested in shipping a car here. I even said I'd be okay with sticking with the car I ordered if the dealership would provide me a loaner to drive from Jan 1 to when my car arrived.

So I offered the dealership where the car was located 1k less than my local dealership and they said yes and paperwork was signed within an hour.

Overall, very happy with my car!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 06:02 PM   #499
steveL77
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport

I took delivery on 12/20 of my AW 335i MSport MT. All I can say is wow! Coming out of a 328xi coupe this car is a whole different machine. It is absolutely incredible to drive.

The manual trans is smooth and feels really solid on each gear change. If you're awaiting delivery of a similar car you will not be disappointed. The car is just awesome.

I walk out my front door and just smile every time I look at it. I find myself just getting up and going for a drive with no destination in mind. No radio on, just listening to the sexy tone of the exhaust. It was worth every day I had to wait for the car to be built.

Here's a quick iPhone pic I took when I picked her up...

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 07:21 PM   #500
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianturner View Post
Well I finally got my car. I had a SA build just waiting to get on a ship and nothing happening so I got my deposit back from my dealer and went elsewhere because I found a car I wanted and my dealer wasn't interested in getting the car for me. I picked up a 13 M Sport with every single option I wanted except for the parking assistant (something I ordered as a novelty anyways). It took about a week to get my deposit back because the GSM was being an ass but I finally got it back. It took threatening to contact BMW USA and the BBB about what they did in order for him to finally give me my deposit back but I got it back.

Background about my dealer's screw ups (copied from emails I sent the GSM):

-I sent my CA the details of my order Oct 20 to place the order.

- I received a partial screenshot of the order Oct 22. It was not a full list of options ordered. I voiced my concern of not seeing everything and I was assured that the car was ordered as I asked....I then asked for a full copy of the order details and I did not receive that until October 31 and I immediately expressed concern about the HK not being there.

-My vehicle was in 112 status at that time and was able to be changed....I expressed concern daily and it was never changed in the over a week between status 112 and 150.

The misrepresentation to me as a customer was I was told I would have a car by Christmas. I even extended that to the end of the year and was told there would be no problems with that. I gave ample opportunity and suggested multiple times that I thought it would take longer based upon what I read about South Africa orders and I was still told that it would be here by the end of the year. I then sold my car based on this.

I offered to pay more for a car than the one I ordered to be located and shipped. My CA located a car for me but said she couldn't tell me where it was but it was outside of the region. You guys then tried to sell me the hybrid and I said no that I would pay more to have this car that the CA located here to me and was told that you were not interested in shipping a car here. I even said I'd be okay with sticking with the car I ordered if the dealership would provide me a loaner to drive from Jan 1 to when my car arrived.

So I offered the dealership where the car was located 1k less than my local dealership and they said yes and paperwork was signed within an hour.

Overall, very happy with my car!

Glad it finally worked out for you! Was the troublesome dealer U.P. by chance?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 07:31 PM   #501
ianturner
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

Quote:
Glad it finally worked out for you! Was the troublesome dealer U.P. by chance?
Nope. I really liked my CA at the dealership, they did everything that they could for me and was just relaying info from the GSM when I was asking some of my questions...it was the GSM that didn't want to play ball.....funny because the GSM at the other dealership was more than willing to
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 07:33 PM   #502
roadcarver
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveL77 View Post
I took delivery on 12/20 of my AW 335i MSport MT. All I can say is wow! Coming out of a 328xi coupe this car is a whole different machine. It is absolutely incredible to drive.

The manual trans is smooth and feels really solid on each gear change. If you're awaiting delivery of a similar car you will not be disappointed. The car is just awesome.

I walk out my front door and just smile every time I look at it. I find myself just getting up and going for a drive with no destination in mind. No radio on, just listening to the sexy tone of the exhaust. It was worth every day I had to wait for the car to be built.

Here's a quick iPhone pic I took when I picked her up...

Great looking car. The manual transmission in our 335i m sport feels great. It is even better than my e92. It gets even smoother with better feel over a week or so. It is such a joy to row matched with the n55.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 05:22 AM   #503
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveL77 View Post

Awesome. You have every reason to have a big smile. Looks great, and I'm sure even more so in person!

Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 08:42 AM   #504
Junkyard
That's life in...
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi

After a four day ordeal at the dealership to correct a software issue, we were finally reunited with our 335xi on Thursday (after ED in Germany). Just in time to go shopping with our new Christmas present and experience the first snowfall in Chicago. Not enough snow to really test the xDrive, but I will say the DHP is a great option.
2013 335i xDrive, M Sport, Auto, 18" Wheel w/ All Season Tires, Black Sapphire, Leather Dakota Black, Burl Wood Trim w/ Pearl Gloss Chrome Highlight, Premium Package, Technology Package, Cold Weather Package, Dynamic Handling Package, HK Surround Sound.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #505
mark.L
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Mark, did you get your car today? I hope so. I just finished washing mine up this morning from the last few days of rain. I got the venture shield put on Wednesday but did not have time for the tints yet. Hopefully getting those next week after Christmas. Lets start a picture thread for recent deliveries soon. I will post mine once I get it tinted.
YES!! I finally picked up my car yesterday.
Was on the road all day yesterday driving, couldn't get that S.A.G. off of me.
      12-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #506
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard View Post
After a four day ordeal at the dealership to correct a software issue, we were finally reunited with our 335xi on Thursday (after ED in Germany). Just in time to go shopping with our new Christmas present and experience the first snowfall in Chicago. Not enough snow to really test the xDrive, but I will say the DHP is a great option.
Congrats! Out of curiosity, when did you drop off in Germany?
Appreciate 0