F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Adding those fog lights to a US M Sport?
ARMA SPEED

02-24-2014, 01:35 PM   #45
Fazerfahrer
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 330d touring F31, Z4 35is E89

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWOOF View Post
@Ron Scott, I just found out that the fog lights comes on US 328d ///M Sport. I am going to the dealership this Wednesday how much it cost as I am interested as well.
...if you want to install oem foglights, I would go directly for the serious 4 LED foglights. We just changed them last week at our dealer, you just need to adjust some codings.
Attached Images

09-15-2014, 08:30 AM   #46
Diversion
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i M Sport

Looks like the 2015 M Sport F30s have fog lights now.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2014, 12:58 PM   #47
KevinO
Warrior-Poet
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diversion View Post
Looks like the 2015 M Sport F30s have fog lights now.
Yup. Unless you get the M brakes. Then they stay gone.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 02:36 PM   #48
Philipangoo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335

The funny part about this post is now the 2015 models have fog lights for M sport or at least they are rumored to. And now people are complaining that they don't want the fogs. They want the extra cooling ducts.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 10:22 AM   #49
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 LCI /// F80 M3 (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipangoo View Post
The funny part about this post is now the 2015 models have fog lights for M sport or at least they are rumored to. And now people are complaining that they don't want the fogs. They want the extra cooling ducts.
Thats not really what the funny thing is about the fogs on M Sport. The funny thing is that when the ZMM package was made available, BMW said no fog lights because the cooling is necessary for braking components. The braking components were almost the same for both the base 335i and the msport except for the color and brake pad composition. Lets not forget other parts of the world get both the fogs and the m sport brakes. here we are in 2015 and now somehow and miraculously you can now get the base 335i brakes and fogs in the US ZMM Package. We are talking components that really haven't changed except for the M Sport Brake Package which was increased in size sometime in the middle of the current cycle. Again we are forced to choose the fogs or the m sport brakes when other markets get both...

Last edited by MSport_Jon; 04-10-2015 at 10:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 03:19 PM   #50
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 LCI /// F80 M3 (SOLD)

Ran a search on real oem to see of the US wiring harness is different from the European wiring harness and they are the same so i am sure the harness for the fogs are tucked inside behind the bumper somewhere. i see this retrofit possible provided the European market parts can be sourced.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 01:27 PM   #51
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 G01 X3M40i

curious if anyone has done this retrofit? i just picked up an msport 335 and miss my fogs of my e90.

thinking id need:
• new mesh to accept a fog light
• the fog lights
• coding?
• new light switch for the dash

this is all speculative on the wiring harness already being there
      02-16-2016, 12:31 PM   #52
framebaer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 335i GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
So if Ron loves the fog lights look, then he should go and buy them. But I will say at least head my warning about how easily they can chip/break with rocks and debris.
All they need are some custom little wire grilles like they used to put on 356Speedster Headlights!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 11:38 PM   #53
dilmah_ninja
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Sport Line

F30 335i Foglights on F80 M3 front bar

Hi All,

Slightly off topic but i'm considering changing my front bar. I have a 2013 335i with standard Sport Line and want something more aggressive.
Obviously, there is the M Tech option, but thought, for the money what else could I get that may be a little more unique. Saw a couple places in Melb that do an F80 M3 style kit for the F30. What are your thoughts and would it be possible to incorporate my current foglights?

Please don't crucify me Kaitain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
Ask some of the Sport line people how happy they are...
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 12:00 PM   #54
kajer
Rep
Drives: 6MT 2012 F10 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeerfield View Post
curious if anyone has done this retrofit?
Yes, The ducting needs a little bit of trimming, but the OEM fog lights from the 2015 M-sport attach directly to the 2014 models. I wrote up a thread with all of the needed part numbers on another popular bmw forum.

All of the parts bolt / plastic rivet / snap in to place. There is enough clearance between fog light housing and the aux radiators, so nothing is touching or rubbing that shouldn't be.

It's completely possible to retrofit. (coding required)

The thread title is "2014 335i US M-sport Fog Lights".
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 07:18 PM   #55
JWBoulder
BMWs since 1975
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335xi MT M-Sport

Planning to install F30 LCI LED fog lights on my 2014 (USA) F30 M-Sport. I have all the part numbers, coding, etc., but need some help running the wires from the ECM to the fogs. Does anyone know of a good DIY with pictures for running new wires through the firewall and to the front grille?

Any help would be most appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 07:28 PM   #56
kajer
Rep

From my thread on another forum, check out this picture i attached. There are a few blank filler grommets behind the fuse box in engine compartment. These can be a BITCH to fish out if you accidentally push it in. I was able to get mine out, pinch a small hole in it and pass a pair of 16GA wires through. I created a "drip loop" just after the wires come out of the firewall and before following the battery harness up to the front headlight. Just in case any moisture were to follow that line, the low point is BEFORE the firewall, not after it. You can get an arm up behind the blower and feel around for where these holes poke through once the foot well plastics are removed.

I was able to run a set of 16GA wires directly from the FEM to the front right fender well. There is hefty ground lug down there you can tap for your ground, while using the dual leads for the left and right fog light channels.

Best of luck installing the fogs. It's worth the effort.

But I am curious, I heard the LED housings are a bit larger than the H8 halogen housings. Let us know if they fit. I'm also curious if you were able to source the air ducts for your install.
Attached Images

Last edited by kajer; 07-14-2016 at 07:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2016, 11:44 AM   #57
JWBoulder
BMWs since 1975
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335xi MT M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajer View Post
From my thread on another forum, check out this picture i attached. There are a few blank filler grommets behind the fuse box in engine compartment. These can be a BITCH to fish out if you accidentally push it in. I was able to get mine out, pinch a small hole in it and pass a pair of 16GA wires through. I created a "drip loop" just after the wires come out of the firewall and before following the battery harness up to the front headlight. Just in case any moisture were to follow that line, the low point is BEFORE the firewall, not after it. You can get an arm up behind the blower and feel around for where these holes poke through once the foot well plastics are removed.

I was able to run a set of 16GA wires directly from the FEM to the front right fender well. There is hefty ground lug down there you can tap for your ground, while using the dual leads for the left and right fog light channels.

Best of luck installing the fogs. It's worth the effort.

But I am curious, I heard the LED housings are a bit larger than the H8 halogen housings. Let us know if they fit. I'm also curious if you were able to source the air ducts for your install.
I haven't purchased all the parts yet, but I am using the list from your other post (with the possible change to LED fogs, if they work with the other parts). I will try to find the correct air ducts as well.

I can't thank you enough for documenting all of your work. There's never any substitute for a description from someone who has done the work successfully.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2016, 12:52 PM   #58
kajer
Rep

Quote:
can't thank you enough for documenting all of your work. There's never any substitute for a description from someone who has done the work successfully.
No problem, I had fun adding the fogs to the 2014. On my F10, i swapped my H11 halogen bulbs with H11-style LEDs. For appearance, they are awesome. Nice yellow color, and less heat generated. However, they are pretty useless when to comes to using them as a light source. Basically, if you ultimately decide on LEDs, the housings need to match the light source for usable light.

Now, I'm still skeptical of the potential fit between the LED light housings and the halogen housing. Check out this post: http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1027300 It's a pretty good install thread, and he shows the two housings next to each other. He says there isn't much size difference, but I'd like to see your install to know for sure.

About the coding, I know I didn't document it too well, so if you need to know what I did to activate the front fog light outputs on the FEM, just ask.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 08:46 PM   #59
silverf30x
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver911 View Post
1 of the main reasons i got MSPORT is beacouse it dosent have fogs..
It just looks so much better and cleaner.
You may be the only person on here that thinks that
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 04:05 PM   #60
Jonathane
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i

FYI: the part number | pin needed to insert in the blank empty slot of FEM [Front Electronic Module] connector A173*3B for pin layout 7 and 8 is:

61-13-0-006-626
Buchsenkontakt ELO-Power mit Kabel
1,0 MM˛
ELO-Power 2,8x0,63

you will need to order two of them.

For the fog lights, you will need to order two sockets to plug into the H8/H11 bulbs which are:
61-13-6-907-388
Socket housing, black
2 POL.

For the sockets above, you will also need to order four connector plugs [two for each plug] to install, which are:
61-13-0-007-272
Blade terminal cont. microtimer w. wire
1,0 MM˛
Attached Images

Last edited by Jonathane; 02-16-2022 at 08:04 PM..
Appreciate 0