F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Just Ordered F30 328i
Studio RSR

02-16-2012, 06:18 PM   #89
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Very nice, i wouldnt mind some more bass(never mind more bass lol) but the bass thats there is plenty and clean sounding. very nice

been blasting some avicci, dirty south, thomas gold, third party,

i got these 2 songs by jerry rekonius,(he's got a song called "10th"), damn
Glad to hear, was kind of afraid it would be similar as with my current car (although that's no HK), which is nice sounding but surely not enough to pump it a bit from time to time =)
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 06:34 PM   #90
iwannabimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda6s grand touring

Quote:
It sounds fine from the inside, i will try and take a video tonight or tomorrow from inside. Its not as quiet or refined as the I6, but its also not as bad as some are making it out to be(imo). The only annoying thing so far has been sometimes the auto start stop thing has a mind of its own at stoplights, but you can just turn that off.
The sound is different than an I6(i owned N54s and N52s) not in a bad way, just different. its got signficantly more power at lower rpms(have not revd the shit out of it yet) but you probably wont need to go past 6k

The ZPS is great, crisp highs, nice lows, i have to play with the equilizer and tweak it to my preferences(mostly dance/techno) but i am happy with it, worth the 950 imo.

From outside the engine sounds a little funny, but you cant really tell when sitting in it. The performance and efficiency more than make up for the sound of the engine imo.

^and i will get those pics later of the ambient lighting
With a moderate volume of music you can't hear the sound from the engine, right?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 07:05 PM   #91
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannabimmer View Post
With a moderate volume of music you can't hear the sound from the engine, right?
engine sound is not an issue for me
      02-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #92
Nero7
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i

Quote:
I will def be giving a full elaborate review after about 500 miles.

drove to boca and back today(bout 70 miles)
-car is very smooth on the highway.
-passive suspension is very nice, reminds me a lot of the suspension in my N54 e90
-at night, (i dont have premeium) the lights in the rearview mirror is kind of annoying but im thinking some dark tinit on the rear window will solve this issue
-car is very powerful, def happy i went with the N20. to get the 335 it would ave cost me prob another 6K.(leather, sport, sport auto, ZPS...)
-cruise control works very nice(tho i am used to audio controls on left side of wheel)
-interieor looks and feels nicer than the e90
-i like that i can put the car in eco mode and get close to 40mpg, but if i need to get it sporty, i can put it in sport+ and hot damn!
-idrive is more confisuing than i want but i just need to get used to it, in non nav, the joy stick only moves left and right(still twists/scrolls), just different.
-the white sport led feature is very nice and classy, oragne is cool to but i left it on white
-ton of info in the idrive, i can see how to change a halogen bulb thru the idrive...Cool!
-still playing around with it and getting my setting how i like them.

-the engine off at a stop is a little weird and has a mind of its own, sometimes it will kick in without me taking my foot off the gas or moving the wheel
-also i am noticing a slight vibration in the steering wheel at speeds above 50+...probably just a tire/wheel balancing issue, will take it in next week for them to check it out
Could you post some pics whit white interior light turned on, would love to see how it looks. I think it will look good with white lights at night, what do you think?

/// M-Sport 328i // Packages -- Adaptive Drive-- Drive Comfort -- Function -- Visibility // 19" 403M // M-Sport Brakes // Harman Kardon // Head Up Display ///
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 03:28 PM   #93
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero7 View Post
Could you post some pics whit white interior light turned on, would love to see how it looks. I think it will look good with white lights at night, what do you think?
I will have to take some pics of the led at night, i was able to get pictures of the actual leds in daylight...first pics are the overhead lights, next set of pics is from under the strip along the doors

02-17-2012, 03:53 PM   #94
Nero7
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i

Thanks for the pics. Is the light from the led strip along door bright? That last pic is great, looks really good in mineral grey.

/// M-Sport 328i // Packages -- Adaptive Drive-- Drive Comfort -- Function -- Visibility // 19" 403M // M-Sport Brakes // Harman Kardon // Head Up Display ///

Last edited by Nero7; 02-17-2012 at 04:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #95
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

At night, its not to bright, just a nice soft accent lighting
      02-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #96
matt_435xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Perfomance Model 3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero7 View Post
Thanks for the pics. Is the light from the led strip along door bright? That last pic is great, looks really good in mineral grey.
if its like the e9* you should be able to adjust how bright the LEDs are.

*RETIRED* 2015 435xi GC [f36] | 2012 335i [f30] | 2009 z4 35i [e89] | 2007 335i coupe [e92] | 2001 325Ci [e46] *RETIRED*
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #97
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_335Ci View Post
if its like the e9* you should be able to adjust how bright the LEDs are.
Yea, you can adjust it
      02-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #98
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yea, you can adjust it
Why are you active on the forums? You should be out there, enjoying your new car and flipping us the finger coz we still have to wait for ours to come to the US haha
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 05:00 PM   #99
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
Why are you active on the forums? You should be out there, enjoying your new car and flipping us the finger coz we still have to wait for ours to come to the US haha
lol, at this time of afternoon, everyone and there mother is on the road. crazy rush hour right now. plus i like helping others on here and giving info. The wait is part of the experience, it sucks but its well worth it when your car arrives.

Not to mention we have no nice roads here in so fla everything is a str8 road. I will be having some fun this weekend with her for sure.
      02-17-2012, 05:23 PM   #100
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
lol, at this time of afternoon, everyone and there mother is on the road. crazy rush hour right now. plus i like helping others on here and giving info. The wait is part of the experience, it sucks but its well worth it when your car arrives.

Not to mention we have no nice roads here in so fla everything is a str8 road. I will be having some fun this weekend with her for sure.
lol I forgot about the time difference.. afternoon only just started here

Yeah but this wait experience is a part I'm not so good with. I'm very impatient when it comes to these things lol, I live in Hawaii for several years now but that still didn't leave me yet lol

It's one thing I don't like much to the US indeed, all those straight roads. It's what I love about Europe, old winding roads
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #101
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:

Yeah but this wait experience is a part I'm not so good with. I'm very impatient when it comes to these things lol, I live in Hawaii for several years now but that still didn't leave me yet lol

It's one thing I don't like much to the US indeed, all those straight roads. It's what I love about Europe, old winding roads
There are plenty of great roads in the US. Just not in flat florida, where everything is a str8 line, everything. There are some epic roads in greenwich, CT and pound ridge NY.
      02-17-2012, 06:22 PM   #102
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

Talking

Quote:
LOL Great Looking car !!!

Please do keep more photos coming!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 09:38 PM   #103
2wheels4me
Private
Rep
Drives: '12 Black 335i sport sedan

Quote:
There are plenty of great roads in the US. Just not in flat florida, where everything is a str8 line, everything. There are some epic roads in greenwich, CT and pound ridge NY.
Not to mention California. We've got great roads, folks. Mountains and canyons aplenty. Close by, too.

Oh, and beautiful car, Justinnum!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2012 Black Sapphire/Red Coral Leather 335i Sportline, Aluminum trim/Red highlight w/ 19" wheels, Sport Auto, Adaptive M suspension, Variable Sport Steering, Premium, Technology, Premium Sound, Heated Seats
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 12:55 AM   #104
iwannabimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda6s grand touring

Quote:

Quote:
You guys complain about living in Hawaii and Florida?

At least you both have nice warm weather most of the year. I wish I had that.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 01:30 AM   #105
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannabimmer View Post
You guys complain about living in Hawaii and Florida?

At least you both have nice warm weather most of the year. I wish I had that.
Well, tbh, I have mixed feelings about it... always sun gets boring too, you know. Seeing pictures of my old country in the snow sure makes me feel a bit homesick, sometimes I do miss having seasons BUT at the same time, when it rains for a few days here, I'm sick of that again too so guess it's not so bad here xD

But hey, we're only human (and Dutch, which makes the complaining worse lol).. where ever one lives, there's always something to complain about
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 05:33 AM   #106
xit2050
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F30 318d

It's a beauty.

You've got halogen head lights, correct?
Could you post a picture with the lights on?
Thx.
Appreciate 0