F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > How to export a profile?
proTUNING Freaks

11-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #1
Gareth
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 320D M Sport

How to export a profile?

Please help! Nothing I do shows the export options as per the manual!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 11:44 AM   #2
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Garage List
I just tried this and it seemed to work fine.

Main Menu -> Settings -> Profiles -> Export Profile -> USB ....

Before starting, I plugged an empty 32Gb USB stick I had into the glove box USB port, then when on the Profiles screen made sure the profile I wanted to export was ticked (you'll need to have saved a profile first). When I hit OK on the screen giving me a choice of exporting to BMW Online or USB stick I just selected USB and off it went. Took about 10 seconds then said ...

What do you see when you pick the Profiles option off the Settings menu? Do you not get something like this?

PS - If you want to export your profile to BMW Online, you'll need the ID & password you registered with first time you do it.

Life is a state of mind

Last edited by RobUK; 11-15-2012 at 12:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #3
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

I have never bothered with "profiles" myself.
      11-15-2012, 01:31 PM   #4
Gareth
Enlisted Member
Rep

I don't get those options at all - when I first picked the car up I did (with no USB plugged in) but I don't get them now with or without USB!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 07:21 PM   #5
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
That sounds odd. When you go to the Profiles screen can you see any profiles at all ? (there should be 3 and something called 'Guest'). If none of that's there then I suspect it may be a trip to the dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
I have never bothered with "profiles" myself.
Very handy when someone else drives the car. When the other half borrows it she likes to have the seat, mirrors, audio, satnav prefs, indicators, air con etc all set how she likes, so that's all in her profile attached to her key fob. Then when I unlock the car with my key, everything's back how it should be by the time my bum hits the seat!

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 03:03 AM   #6
Gareth
Enlisted Member
Rep

I get the three profiles plus a guest - intact I have mine set-up.... just not import/export options!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 03:11 AM   #7
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobUK View Post
That sounds odd. When you go to the Profiles screen can you see any profiles at all ? (there should be 3 and something called 'Guest'). If none of that's there then I suspect it may be a trip to the dealer

Very handy when someone else drives the car. When the other half borrows it she likes to have the seat, mirrors, audio, satnav prefs, indicators, air con etc all set how she likes, so that's all in her profile attached to her key fob. Then when I unlock the car with my key, everything's back how it should be by the time my bum hits the seat!
I use the seat memory for this, not sure if it affects any other setting though, but the wife rarely drives my cars.
Gus180.00
      11-16-2012, 03:25 AM   #8
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
I get the three profiles plus a guest - intact I have mine set-up.... just not import/export options!
Hmm, what's weird is that you had the import/export option initially but now it's gone. I'm assuming that all F30/31's should have this option, but it's hard to say what may have caused them to disappear. You'd know if the car had been re-coded or if you'd done a software update.

Mine lets you export settings whether or not they've changed since the last export, so it's not altered settings that triggers those options, they should always be there. Have you tried the US forums, there's a few more people there so perhaps more thoughts as to the cause. Other than that, afraid it sounds like a call to the dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
I use the seat memory for this, not sure if it affects any other setting though, but the wife rarely drives my cars.
Think the seat memory only adjusts the seat position (annoyingly the lumbar support adjustment isn't stored in memory/profiles). I have to let her borrow the car whenever she wants as technically it's her car (something to do with it being her money!) Fortunately that's not too often though as she has her own 'fleet', although... she does say she prefers the 328i to her S5, and I'd have to agree.

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 0