F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > MyBMW app error 3020
Studio RSR

04-21-2023, 07:39 AM   #1
flipflop72
Rep
Drives: F31 330D

MyBMW app error 3020

Hi All, I have had a look through old posts but cannot find anything about this. I recently had to factory reset my phone and now when I try to login to the MyBMW app it will not work.

After login, I get a message at the bottom of the app - "We are sorry but a technical error has occurred. Please try again later (3020)".

I know my password is correct as I can login online, I have cleared all app data and the cache and deleted and re-installed the app but still have the problem. (Samsung galaxy S21 ultra)

Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem and if they were able to fix it before I start to ring BMW to try to solve.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2023, 08:28 AM   #2
psp888
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30

mine logs in fine
      05-23-2023, 07:14 AM   #3
FifeFlyer
Rep
Drives: BMW 730D MY2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflop72 View Post
Hi All, I have had a look through old posts but cannot find anything about this. I recently had to factory reset my phone and now when I try to login to the MyBMW app it will not work.

After login, I get a message at the bottom of the app - "We are sorry but a technical error has occurred. Please try again later (3020)".

I know my password is correct as I can login online, I have cleared all app data and the cache and deleted and re-installed the app but still have the problem. (Samsung galaxy S21 ultra)

Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem and if they were able to fix it before I start to ring BMW to try to solve.

Thanks.
Did you get a fix for this? I`m having the same trouble.

Maybe it`s a Samsung problem since I have the S20FE
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2023, 08:19 AM   #4
flipflop72
Rep

Hi - yes I did, sorry should have posted it, I just had to update the android version to the latest version available and it works again. Android 13 with the 1 April 2023 security patch.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2023, 08:47 AM   #5
FifeFlyer
Rep

That`s what I`m on bud.

Cleared cache, cleared date, un/re-installed the app.

Still the same. Thanks anyway mate.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2023, 09:44 AM   #6
flipflop72
Rep

Have you done a system software update check on your phone to make sure it's up to date? In settings at the bottom of the screen there should be a 'Software Update' option and in here, select 'download and install' and it should check for the latest version available.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2023, 11:15 AM   #7
FifeFlyer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflop72 View Post
Have you done a system software update check on your phone to make sure it's up to date? In settings at the bottom of the screen there should be a 'Software Update' option and in here, select 'download and install' and it should check for the latest version available.
Yeah, I actually got the sofware update last week, albeit while on holiday in Greece. Shouldn`t make any difference tho`.

Searching around, it seems to be a common fault.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2023, 02:58 PM   #8
FifeFlyer
Rep

Got in touch with BMW, they advised me to deactivate my account and start again.
Did that, entered the VIN and went to the car to retrieve the code they send. Nothing.

Called them back. Back to the car (am in a hotel BTW so it`s a pain already ) and they tell me to reset the idrive and wait up to 24 hours. Press the mute/vol button for 40 seconds to reset if anyone is interested.

Let`s see what tomorrow brings
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2023, 02:50 PM   #9
vfrdirk
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i xDrive Convertible

I'm not sure if this is the solution for everyone, but I was experiencing the exact same issue on the mobile app, with the shift to the system browser for login and then the return to the app screen with the 3020 error. Like you, I did a cache (and then full data) delete with no improvement, logged into the website on a PC to see if there was anything wrong there, with no improvement. As a last resort, I turned off my ad blocker (piHole, which is a DNS redirector which sends web requests to known ad sites to a non-existent address) and was immediately able to log into the app.

Dirk
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2023, 03:04 PM   #10
vfrdirk
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i xDrive Convertible

As a follow up, I did some more research and discovered that this was the offending site:

incoming.telemetry.mozilla.org

This was being blocked by my ad blocker. When I whitelisted this address, my logins go through on the app. I'm not sure why hotel wifi would necessarily block this (although it's possible it's part of their network security suite) but maybe your phone has some kind of ad blocking (either native or through an app) which is stopping traffic to this telemetry link.

I hope that helps.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2023, 06:24 AM   #11
FifeFlyer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrdirk View Post
As a follow up, I did some more research and discovered that this was the offending site:

incoming.telemetry.mozilla.org

This was being blocked by my ad blocker. When I whitelisted this address, my logins go through on the app. I'm not sure why hotel wifi would necessarily block this (although it's possible it's part of their network security suite) but maybe your phone has some kind of ad blocking (either native or through an app) which is stopping traffic to this telemetry link.

I hope that helps.
You are correct mate. Thanks for the advice.

It is indeed a Firefox problem. I tried the app on an old, wiped clean phone, and it worked fine, so deleted FF, reinstalled the app, and away we went. FF is no longer the default browser but still there to use when I want.
All good now.
Appreciate 0