F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > It's finally here Fellas

11-18-2017, 01:34 PM   #23
Jeff123
Jeff
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d M Sport x-drive F30

That car looks absolutely great. Superb colour.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2017, 01:39 PM   #24
kabrichx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudz View Post
Many thanks to all that offered advice during the "BUY" process, it's been a long wait since I put pen to paper, it's finally here chaps

Options I love

- Adaptive Headlights: I had Adaptive Xenons on my previous car, the Adaptive LED's are a step above, I love the wizardry where it selectively blacks out on onward/oncoming traffic whilst brightly illuminating the rest of the road, it's amazing.

Options that I don't care about or need some assistance setting up with

- Harman Kardon: It's not great is it ? The HK system on my previous E90 sounded better ? It lacks the finesse and thump ? In time, I'll look at options to upgrade ? I have a set of Earthquake underseat subs from my E90 ? Would they fit on an F30 ? Whatever happened to "Individual Audio" option ? You can't spec that anymore

Things i am planning to get done down the line.

- Improved Audio, will look to get better tweeters/door speakers/sub, anyone know what the wattage of the HK Amp is ?

Overall it feels an amazing car, I am glad I made the move. Thanks guys for all your support and advice, it's a great forum..
That’s why I would never again pay for HK System if purchasing car. It is a major nightmare to upgrade.

I would just order basic system and retrofit correctly for similar amount.

Unfortunately I leased first with no intention of keeping longer term which then complicates the decision.

As for the Adaptive Xenon, the F3x series do the AntiDazzle just like the LEDs.

Last edited by kabrichx; 11-18-2017 at 01:46 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2017, 06:07 PM   #25
MickyD'bo
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 F31 335d xDrive

Looks spot on that. Nice one.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2017, 06:39 PM   #26
Joenovo
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335d

Iím getting my 335d shadow edition next month. Black sapphire. Iím think of getting a front splitter as well but as you say the black plastic doesnít appeal. Carbon may scratch up a bit but Iím leaning towards it. 👍
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2017, 07:49 PM   #27
Mr Whippy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4

Nice car.

I'd spec the same basically.

But I'd have gone leccy seats over the cheap and nasty manual ones.

Also I'd not bother with the digital dash until you can roll your own.

On engine etc. They'll loosen up loads. I'm on 5k now and I can still tell it's tight.
It won't be till 15k that the engine and gearbox are giving their best imo.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2017, 08:52 PM   #28
hudson012003
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i Msport

She looks a beauty, well done..
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 04:53 AM   #29
sahajesh
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i Grigio Minerale

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadF20 View Post
WTF??!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 04:54 AM   #30
sahajesh
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i Grigio Minerale

Great looking car, you'll get used to the car as it opens up and +1 for MG
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 05:23 AM   #31
JonBk
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 430d M Sport

Looks great, colour looks really nice under the dealership lights. Top spec too!
      11-19-2017, 05:37 AM   #32
Alex440
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

With regard to the gearbox, it's the same on both the petrol and diesels, in comfort there's just some unnecessary delay before it does anything. I have no problem with the accelerator being slightly less sensitive than in sport, but it doesn't need the delay before doing anything at all.

My start up routine includes immediately setting the car to sport. I don't have adaptive suspension, so it doesn't really have any downsides for me. It very very occcasionakly holds onto a gear for a little longer than I'd like, mainly after accelerating and taking my foot off, it will hold the gear, but that really is very occasionally.

Sport a few years ago I'm told didn't go past 7th gear, but it does now. As far as I can see all it does is sharpen the accelerator sensitivity and remove the delay when you first hit the pedal. My car before the 440i was Audi's equivalent of the 35d and it had the the same gearbox with the same delay issue unless you selected dynamic.

Please note, I don't mean the gearbox into sport, that ruins the car if driving for long periods, I mean the drive selection mode.

It doesn't have any downsides on motorways either, it still selects 8th gear in cruise at 75mph, so it's still spinning at the same revs as comfort or even eco pro. I've done my 70 mile commute in all three and there is zero difference in mpg if just having steady drive, so you'd may as well have instant response. In fact sport is better in all ways, if you hit resume on cruise after slowing it gets back up to speed quicker, with almost no impact on mpg. Eco pro takes an age if you click resume, the traffic in front is usually gone and the 1.0 Corsa behind you is flashing to get by.
Appreciate 1
      11-19-2017, 05:08 PM   #33
dizzy619
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 335d xdrive

Nice
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2017, 11:16 AM   #34
Dizzle
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

Nice, I too have xdrive and adaptive suspension, interested to see the info on this ACS setup.

I considered debadging to amke a little more inconspicuous
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 12:49 PM   #35
moff
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i Coupe MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex440 View Post
With regard to the gearbox, it's the same on both the petrol and diesels, in comfort there's just some unnecessary delay before it does anything. I have no problem with the accelerator being slightly less sensitive than in sport, but it doesn't need the delay before doing anything at all.

My start up routine includes immediately setting the car to sport. I don't have adaptive suspension, so it doesn't really have any downsides for me. It very very occcasionakly holds onto a gear for a little longer than I'd like, mainly after accelerating and taking my foot off, it will hold the gear, but that really is very occasionally.

Sport a few years ago I'm told didn't go past 7th gear, but it does now. As far as I can see all it does is sharpen the accelerator sensitivity and remove the delay when you first hit the pedal. My car before the 440i was Audi's equivalent of the 35d and it had the the same gearbox with the same delay issue unless you selected dynamic.
At junctions and lights I just slip the autobox to Sport when in Comfort mode, gets rid of the acceleration delay.
2017 440i Coupe, BSM, Individual Opal White Merino Leather, Individual Leather Dash, Individual Piano Trim, Icon Adaptive LED's, M Sport Plus Package, HUD, Digital Dash, Reverse Camera, Lumbar, M Perf 405M 20" Wheels, M Perf. Aerodynamic Pack, MPPSK

Gone!: 2015 BMW 640d Coupe Imola Red with Ivory leather and 20" alloys
Appreciate 1
      12-14-2017, 05:23 PM   #36
Rudz
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335D xDrive Shadow Edition

I got the MPerformance Kit installed, got a great deal from Rybrook Warwick, the car is really filthy as my detailer is all booked up until early Jan, I'll take some better pics once it's gone through the detailing process

How does one improve the turn in ? At the moment on windey roads, it feels like I am holding a steering that is a meter wide lol...it's just not sharp enough ? Assume ACS springs would partly sort that ? Should I get ARB's upgraded as well while I am getting the springs done ? Is it best to change both the front/rear ARB or just the rears ? Cheers guys, thanks for looking
Attached Images

12-14-2017, 06:59 PM   #37
McBeemer
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 335d Xd MSport Touring

Quote:
I got the MPerformance Kit installed, got a great deal from Rybrook Warwick, the car is really filthy as my detailer is all booked up until early Jan, I'll take some better pics once it's gone through the detailing process

How does one improve the turn in ? At the moment on windey roads, it feels like I am holding a steering that is a meter wide lol...it's just not sharp enough ? Assume ACS springs would partly sort that ? Should I get ARB's upgraded as well while I am getting the springs done ? Is it best to change both the front/rear ARB or just the rears ? Cheers guys, thanks for looking
I also have adaptive suspension and got ACS fitted about 40 miles after picking the car up from new. I find the steering pretty sharp after ACS were fitted & also a friend on here who has a similarly new 335d (minus ACS Springs), drove my car recently and was wowed by the difference in the steering accuracy.

In short, yes, they will make a big difference.

Love all the other options you managed to fit in ... mine is quite sparse in comparison! Main one that i should have specced was lumbar support, as it is relatively cheap too.

Gone: 2015 F31 320d M Sport Xdrive Auto
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 07:46 PM   #38
Junebug85
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 F30 335d X-Drive M-Sport

Quote:

Car looks great mate!

Love those wheels
2012 F10 520d M-Sport, 2010 E90 318d M-Sport, 2009 E90 318i M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2017, 08:18 AM   #39
JonBk
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 430d M Sport

Car looks great! Almost identical to the car I ordered bar the red interior. Nice to see the M Performance kit on a mineral grey shadow edition, gives me a preview of what my tourer is going to look like
      12-15-2017, 08:28 AM   #40
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 530D M Sport

If you want to sort out the hesitation then fit a DTUK pedal box, it removes any delay and transforms how the car responds. Takes 10 mins to fit, one bolt and one connection.

With the Comfort Access on the boot you have to stand behind the car and pretend to kick the rear bumper, you don't need to move your foot under the car
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2017, 08:35 AM   #41
UKF30
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

car is looking good mate

JonBk

Yea mate Gloss black MP kit looks very nice on MG , i would say get your kit painted easy to clear and looks miles better .
      12-15-2017, 09:52 AM   #42
Steve_M_Sport
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335D M Sport Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottiedog View Post
"By far this is the most individual and unique BMW 1 series you will ever find !!! Close to a M135i ? Maybe Even better !!!" You're taking the piss right and "mini 7 series" really :
It's a 116D
2017 F31 335D M-Sport | Glacier Silver | Saddle Brown Dakota Leather | M Sport + Package | Folding door Mirrors | Media Pro Package | High Beam Assist | Heated Front Seats | Reversing Camera |Adaptive Suspension | Black Grills |
Appreciate 0