F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > 3m spray on clear bra defender
Extreme Powerhouse

08-08-2014, 12:04 PM   #1
TractionControl=OFF
Banned
Rep
Drives: XP-38 (F30) Landspeeder

3m spray on clear bra defender

ok guys I applied the spray on stuff... I would absolutely NOT recommend this product. I am so upset I cant even see straight. This product is not easy to work with. It took me 14 hours to make sure everything was masked off properly. I cannot remove the residue from the tape, and I cannot remove the too lightly sprayed areas where I started running out of spray. I tried the methods recommended by the manufacturer and they didn't work at all. I took it to many detailers and body shops and they all refuse the work. I am desperate for a solution; if anyone could please offer me help?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2014, 08:38 PM   #2
Professor///M
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2022 X5 40i;

Garage List
Wow that sounds awful. Sorry I even recommended it, saw it on TV and looked like it had good reviews.

what have you tried to remove it? Probably should call 3M directly, and make them handle it.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 01:48 AM   #3
M-Powa!
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i Msport/ SQ5

That stuff pretty much is like plasti-dip. If you spray it on too thin it becomes a nightmare to remove. My suggestion is to wash and wax the car. The buffing motion and lubrication from the wax should help remove the residue. If the tape residue does not come off use some goo-gone.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2014, 11:52 AM   #4
TractionControl=OFF
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLittleX3 View Post
That stuff pretty much is like plasti-dip. If you spray it on too thin it becomes a nightmare to remove. My suggestion is to wash and wax the car. The buffing motion and lubrication from the wax should help remove the residue. If the tape residue does not come off use some goo-gone.
ok, did you have this issue before? I just cant get off the smaller too lightly spray areas and the tape, as well as pieces in the creases and cracks
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2014, 03:03 PM   #5
M-Powa!
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TractionControl=OFF View Post
ok, did you have this issue before? I just cant get off the smaller too lightly spray areas and the tape, as well as pieces in the creases and cracks
Nope I have a Nano-Fusion Clear bra but, I have done thorough research into using plasti-dip. Getting the pieces out of the crack I will say is going to be impossible short of removing the parts to clean them. If you try using a brush you will just scratch the living crap out of your paint. Reason being is some dirt is usually trapped in the nooks regardless of how well you wash car.

Some pics might help btw.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2014, 05:14 AM   #6
TractionControl=OFF
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLittleX3 View Post
Nope I have a Nano-Fusion Clear bra but, I have done thorough research into using plasti-dip. Getting the pieces out of the crack I will say is going to be impossible short of removing the parts to clean them. If you try using a brush you will just scratch the living crap out of your paint. Reason being is some dirt is usually trapped in the nooks regardless of how well you wash car.

Some pics might help btw.
wow thank you so much, i used the goo gone; it took me hours and hours and much hard hard work but i did it! you just saved me 500 - 1000 dollars. i cant thank you enough
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 11:13 PM   #7
Sal335i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Try "Gu gone"
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2014, 12:45 AM   #8
M-Powa!
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TractionControl=OFF View Post
wow thank you so much, i used the goo gone; it took me hours and hours and much hard hard work but i did it! you just saved me 500 - 1000 dollars. i cant thank you enough
Glad I could help out another f30 owner!
Appreciate 0