F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > What made you choose your line?
GetBMWParts

04-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #45
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Angelo
Maz335i, I had the exact same dilemma. I figured I spend a lot more time IN the car than looking at it so I went with the saddle brown. I found the OEM sport line wheels at EuroActive for $1,699/set. You can get the modern or luxury lines presumable through them as well. I've thought about it, but the luxury wheels have grown on me. I wouldn't be surprised if the modern line is phased out by 2014 due to popular, or rather unpopular, response.
I think you're right John!

Hence I am almost certain to order a luxury line...I had decided to go for a sport line for the past two months or so but in the past few days as I get closer to ordering I decided exactly what you said!

I'm gonna spend way more time IN the car rather than LOOKING at the car...lol...saddle brown with black sapphire metallic it is...

I'll just buy a new set of rims once I get the car. I plan on lowering it too so I'll get the H&R springs; plus will order the blacked-out performance kidney grills..this luxury line is NOW a Maz Sport Line! My very own Line!!!
      04-14-2012, 07:34 PM   #46
John Angelo
BMW Aficionado
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Luxury Line Sedan

Good call, Maz. You won't see any of those on the road. I haven't seen any on the road as it is! I keep hearing about how well BMW did in the first quarter, but I've yet to see anything but a few new 5's.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 07:38 PM   #47
malc410326
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '12 MB SLK 350 & '12 BMW 328i

Garage List
My family and I went with the Luxury Line, Mineral Grey F30. The luxury line chrome grill and chrome trim along with the 18" turbine wheels paired with the Mineral Grey really caught my eye when we had first seen our F30 sitting in the showroom. Not to mention the Veneto Beige interior & Mineral Grey pairing really made the vehicle 'pop'!

2012 BMW 328i

BUT....This is why I really appreciate the ownership of a Bimmer in that we have options to style it whatsoever way we choose once we get 'bored' per se with our original choice (i.e. M Performance Kit, etc)

I wanted to play around with how the M Performance Kit would look on a luxury line F30 along with tinted windows. I was very fortunate that a fellow member of ours, mfear, was so kind enough to photoshop this option for me! So credit to mfear

Presenting the F30, Mineral Grey, Luxury Line with an M Performance Kit:

2012 BMW 328 - M Performance Kit

Not sure if I would do this particular mod to our F30. If I were to do this, I would also probably do a black shadowline trim (possibly using plastidip to have the black shadowline trim so I would have flexibility to keep it or take it off - go watch the plastidip video on youtube, it's quite impressive), but keep the chrome grill in the front. Or even installing an M Performance bumper! But as I said earlier, this is the beauty of Bimmer with having great modding options that are available to us now and in the near future. Just my .02!

Last edited by malc410326; 04-14-2012 at 07:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 10:58 PM   #48
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)

^ I really like this pic! Pushes me even more towards getting the luxury line.

I plan on doing this. I was initially thinking of getting BSM but I really like MG too. I might just end up with a MG Luxury Line and get a set of similar black matte rims...I plan on getting a carbon spoiler and carbon side mirrors from the dealer...they will also install the black performance grills...this only leaves me with the red calipers...

I was planning on getting M Sport brakes until I heard from someone that it can cost anywhere close to $2 - $3K here in Canada! That's way too much!!! I might just get good quality red paint and paint my calipers or try to get a good deal on the brembo brakes...

Lots to do and I'm sooo excited...honestly I feel very happy that I'm going with luxury line...I really wanted the saddle brown...once I complete these mods, my car will be just perfect...

Oh shoot I forgot one more mod: the Black matte roof top! That I'll probably wait a bit before doing...
      04-15-2012, 03:39 AM   #49
BMWinGE
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

sport line for the wheels, suspension, sport seats, interior, sport auto, black mirrors. Basically I love everything about it, was the perfect choice for me. My next choice probably would have been luxury for aesthetics but I have issues driving a car that advertises its "luxury". Not to mention I've always considered the 3 series a sport sedan that has luxury, not a luxury sedan that has sport. So obviously my choice is going to be the sportier version.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 09:13 AM   #50
ric124
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 BSM MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328inGE View Post
Not to mention I've always considered the 3 series a sport sedan that has luxury, not a luxury sedan that has sport. So obviously my choice is going to be the sportier version.
+1

Agreed 100%
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #51
PrinceBarin
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 CP (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ric124
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328inGE View Post
Not to mention I've always considered the 3 series a sport sedan that has luxury, not a luxury sedan that has sport. So obviously my choice is going to be the sportier version.
+1

Agreed 100%
Me too, but those attributes should be present across the range from the base model to the top-of-the-range. It's what BMW stands for. It shouldn't be an optional extra.

And, if you want to turn it up to 11, there is the M range!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 07:26 PM   #52
BMWinGE
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceBarin View Post
Me too, but those attributes should be present across the range from the base model to the top-of-the-range. It's what BMW stands for. It shouldn't be an optional extra.

And, if you want to turn it up to 11, there is the M range!
agreed. i like the lines but I think they should have been for aesthetics only. just like the sport steering wheel, sport seats and sport suspension should be an available on all lines.

I also think the default setting for the suspension should be sport.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 11:22 PM   #53
bmwforme
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampchez View Post
I chose Sport over M Sport because I didn't want to wait another 6-7 months and pay a bunch of extra money for what appears to be just visual improvements.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 09:25 AM   #54
SGScuba
Private First Class
Singapore
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknugget View Post
I don't like the lines thing either. I really don't like the wheels on the Luxury Line, don't like the interior of the Modern Line, and didn't want to pay the $6,000 upcharge for either. I like the Sport Line except I really dislike black interiors and didn't want summer only tires. That lead me to ordering a base and optioning it up.
Seriously? $6,000 extra for Modern or Luxury Line? Ouch!
Sport AT, Mineral Grey, Black interior, Alum w/ high-gloss black interior trim, Sports seats + Lumbar support, Harman Kardon sound, Nav system Prof, PDC (f+r), Rear view camera, comfort access, Xenon lights.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 09:43 AM   #55
SGScuba
Private First Class
Singapore
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i F30

Like most others, I don't like how the lines dictate what interiors/trims we can get. I feel the restriction in lines means it's not my car as I like it, but some "compromised" version of my car.

I wanted the Sports line because of the seats, but the extremely limited interior colour options on Sports line meant I had to choose an exterior colour (Mineral Grey) that matched the interior colours available, rather than the exterior colour I really wanted (Havanna brown). While it's a compromise I can live with, it's a compromise nonetheless, which detracts from the complete satisfaction I would have had if the full range of interior colours was available.

Oh, and having options like sports seats across all lines? In Singapore, sure, they're available for all the lines. But the Sports line costs S$750 more than Luxury line (which is the "basic" model that BMW's distributor brings into Singapore), whereas the sports seats alone cost over S$2,000 just for the seats (no other Sports line trims). Hobson's choice!
Sport AT, Mineral Grey, Black interior, Alum w/ high-gloss black interior trim, Sports seats + Lumbar support, Harman Kardon sound, Nav system Prof, PDC (f+r), Rear view camera, comfort access, Xenon lights.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #56
loosenit2
Private
Rep
Drives: 12 328i Luxury

I chose the luxury line. For me it came to the seats (I don't like the Sports seats), and the availability of wood interior trim. I considered the modern but wasn't personnally enthralled by the interior color combinations (that is a very personal aesthetic choice though).
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 12:46 AM   #57
TrueBlue12
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Imperial 328i

does putting it in sport + suspension really result in a noticeable lowering of the car?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #58
mobius80
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i 2012 (F30)

Garage List
2012 328i  [0.00]
I ordered a Luxury line, Black Sapphire and Beige Veneto interior. It looks classy and the design of the car make it look sportier enough. Also I think this line will aged well, which is important since I plan to drive this car for at least 6 years. I think it will have a good reselling value as it can please a wide range of people.

I love the chrome accents and Veneto Beige with Anthracite wood trim. The only thing that I would change are the rims, but I still like them. Just not my favorite.

Don't like too much the modern line interior. And don't know if the matte accent will age well. However the rims are my favorite ones.

I didn't even considered the Sport line as it is more expensive, and since I'm driving a Mazda3 now, the non-Sport F30 is already a BIG improvement from what I'm used to. In addition, I see a lot of comments about better suspension and transmission, but I don't remember having read a single official statement about this from BMW or any serious review. Is this reality or only perception?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 10:54 AM   #59
Mrcarcrazy
Sarcasm free with all posts.
Rep
Drives: 05 Elise REV310

Was going to go sport for the seats alone, but then I saw the M sport. and the front end is finally not ugly (for my eyes). So M sport it was...

Good seats, good looking front end, WIN!

335i - as I'll never wish I had 2 less cylinders

Black - my wife's choice, I already regret this one

Red interior - Don't like Tan, and black is just too much black (Although I really liked it w/ the red stitching), and saddle brown isn't an option

Handling/steering options: why not?

Premium/tech/cold weather: that stuff is too cool (well and my wife is cold natured...so butt warmers are great)

Avoided the driving and parking assists...I can do these by myself.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 11:07 AM   #60
CasZy NL
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: M4 | X5 | Z1

Garage List
2008 BMW X5 35d  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
1991 BMW Z1  [10.00]
If you want sport seats and the 19" rims, sports line was the best option to pick (here in the Netherlands).
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #61
gerbs
woof
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6

Garage List
M Sport very specifically because:

- M Steering wheel
- Sport Seats (I have extendo-thighs)
- Black ceiling headliner

^ Would not buy a BMW without the above items

Aesthetically nice things that I don't care as much about:
- Lit up M shift knob (nice look and improved feel)
- M bumper/rear diffuser (looks more aggressive)
- Estoril Blue II paint (would be nice to continue my blue streak)
- Black door trim (more sporty and "dark" vs. traditional/luxury look)

Things I don't care about:
- "M style" rims (swapping them out anyway)
- M foot rest / interior door guards

Really it all comes down to this

2013 F13 ///M6 Sakhir Orange
2013 F30 335i Estoril Blue II
2008 E92 ///M3 Interlagos Blue
2007 E92 335i Montego Blue

Last edited by gerbs; 06-13-2012 at 11:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #62
shabadoo25
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i Sport Line F30

I picked the Sport Line on a 2012 because pics don't do justice to how good it looks, especially the wheels. Sport seats are a must.

I like the saddle choice with the luxury, but don't like the wheels even a little.

Modern? Forget it. My dealer has had only 1 3er on the lot for 2 months and it is a hideous modern that someone ordered and reneged on.
2012 328i Sedan Alpine White Dakota Grey/Brushed Aluminum/Black High Gloss Premium Premium Sound Technology STEPTRONIC Heated Fronts BMW Apps BMW Assist w/Enhanced Bluetooth and USB Park Distance Control Rear View Camera Xenons
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #63
arnsbrae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabadoo25 View Post
I picked the Sport Line on a 2012 because pics don't do justice to how good it looks, especially the wheels. Sport seats are a must.

I like the saddle choice with the luxury, but don't like the wheels even a little.

Modern? Forget it. My dealer has had only 1 3er on the lot for 2 months and it is a hideous modern that someone ordered and reneged on.
Saddle brown seems popular with a number of posters, but to my eyes there is way too much black in that interior with a few paltry patches of brown. Why didn't they just finish the job?!
      06-13-2012, 02:41 PM   #64
adelphi_sky
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i Jet Black

2013 Sport Line with the M-Sport Option.

I chose this car because I'm too cheap to go for the M3. Also, the price of gas is a mutha.

I chose the 2013 because of the M-Sport package. My favorite color is blue. Nuff said.

Things I like:

Color
Sport Seats
Sport suspension (I currently have a 2009 328i non-sport package and I always feel like the car will get away from me when hitting corners even at medium speeds).
All the cool M-stuff.

Finally got my Xenons and Harmon Kardon system back after my wife made me give them up in the 2009. I must be treating her well these days. :-)
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #65
Oslo-fjord
Enlisted Member
Rep

I ordered the Luxury Line bacause I really like the Saddle-brown leather interior, the 18`wheels, the walnut wooden panel, and the chrome details. This time I just wanted a more elegant, refined, timeless and luxurios looking car, and I think the 3-series Luxury Line nailed it!
Appreciate 0