F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover > '12 F30 328i FS (86,xxx miles)
Extreme Powerhouse

04-18-2022, 02:58 PM   #1
Etto
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i F30

'12 F30 328i FS (86,xxx miles)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 11,500.00

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
Hello,

It is with some anticipation and sorrow that I'm putting my 2012 F30 (N26 motor) up for sale. This was my first car out of high school, I was the second owner. Bought at about 49k miles in excellent condition. Legally speaking the CarFax will show there are 3 owners but the 2nd "owner" was basically just a liaison for the family that first purchased it, and only "owned" the car for about 5 months during which it was barely used (as the CarFax will show the mileage between first and 2nd owner barely changed). The car was originally a baseline F30 but since then has been modified. The following is a list of what has been added onto the car (Aesthetically):

Angel Eye Headlights
M Sport Front Bumper (OEM, the one I'd bought was damaged in an incident with loose debris from construction and thus replaced with an OEM [this is the minor damage reported on the CarFax])
M Sport Side skirts
M Sport Rear Bumper
M Sport gloss black rear diffuser
18" 400M M Sport Rims

Now here is where it gets interesting. As some of you may be aware, BMW settled a class case lawsuit for their earlier model motors in the F30 generation with regards to their timing chain causing motors to die prematurely. My motor was one of those motors which was eligible for this. Unfortunately, the dealership left some plastic which later melted and blocked the flow of oil, thus seizing the motor (as there was oil in the bottom, but it had no flow to the top). As such, the current motor has the long block of an N20 (which is different from the N26 in valve cover only) that is now sitting at 20,xxx miles with the valve cover of the original N26.

TLR from the above paragraph; the car's motor is a 2015 model that has about 20k miles despite the car itself being at 76,xxx miles (subject to change as it is my daily driver)

Besides the aesthetics and the motor itself, a small handful of changes were also made:

Some elementary coding for simplicity and flavor, including but not limited to; Keyless access, window (un)folding on (un)lock, and a more fun startup screen on the instrument cluster.
Billstein B14 PSS Coilovers (About 8k miles)
VRSF Catless Downpipe (About 8k miles)
Zimmerman Brake Kit (Fronts/Rear's) (About 20k miles)

Attached you will find the CarFax report for the vehicle. Car's been garage kept. The tires are all Michelin's top line summer's - the fronts have a good 10k miles left on them, the rears are brand new. Open to reasonable offers, but nothing crazy. I'm not in a particular rush to sell. Sorry if I've missed anything I struggle with having the attention span of a puppy. If curious do feel free to message me with any questions and I will happily clear them up (I have all the paperwork since as far back as the first owner).

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2022, 03:01 PM   #2
Etto
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i F30

Here are some photos sorry, this app confuses me sometimes ;':
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2023, 04:04 PM   #3
Etto
United_States