F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > New 440xi GC inbound - build and tracking?
GetBMWParts

12-12-2017, 11:32 AM   #45
Digital_83
OO=[][]=OO
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F36 430xD M Sport/THP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShahiniBmw View Post
Picking Up My Car Tomorrow !!!!!
Yee eeess !!
Although, pics or never happened !!

Congratulations man !!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2017, 12:01 PM   #46
Canadian eh!
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 440xi Gran Coupe!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_83 View Post
Yee eeess !!
Although, pics or never happened !!

Congratulations man !!
Way to go on the delivery!! let’s see some pics!

Mine is winding closer to port, should dock in Halifax tonight and offload by midday tomorrow.

Then the great train race begins!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2017, 08:59 PM   #47
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
I posted in the tracking thread too, just got the slow end of the supply chain

10/18 production complete
10/26 logged in at port (8 days!)
11/14 vessel assignment (2 weeks plus)
Oh man, really hope things move fast from now on for you
What did you order ?

status update: mine arrived at the port [NYC] today [3 weeks after it was rolled out of manufacturing ]
"LINER RELEASE NEW YORK, NY 07-12-2017 10:06:36"
Awesome timelines I'm finally picking mine up Friday!

MR 440 xdrive
Cognac
Msport, Exec, track handling
Mppsk
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2017, 10:30 PM   #48
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Garage List
Wish I had the money for a new car like you guys. More specifically enough for a ED F80. I would really like a brand new M3 and unfortunately 2018 is the final production year for the F80. Here's hoping the G series M3 will be the one I can afford and I'll love as much as the F80!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2017, 11:34 AM   #49
Digital_83
OO=[][]=OO
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian eh! View Post

Mine is winding closer to port, should dock in Halifax tonight and offload by midday tomorrow.

Not only by the ocean, but they would also rail-road yours to top it off ?? Dang, what a venture ))

Quote:
Awesome timelines I'm finally picking mine up Friday!

MR 440 xdrive
Cognac
Mppsk
http://www.bmwblog.com/2014/10/21/ma...bmw-m3-munich/

Well, I guess our deliveries will go "alright" at the best compared to ^^ ... oh well )
hahahah ))))

Anyhow, just got a word from my dealer - as of this morning VDC was done installing all port-installed accessories and the car should be arriving at the shop tomorrow. I guess Friday pickup for me too
And there comes the weekend to photo-report

p.s. Guys, what are your thoughts/desires with your new "babies", any specific travel plans, mods that you'll be doing right after you get yours ?

I purchased a couple of small accessories [BMW Slimline license plate frame [82122456418], BMW Natural Air Starter Kit [83122285673] with additional refills, phone holder "Kinu Airframe", HG100B Fire Extinguisher [w/liquid agent].
Dashcam with hard wiring kit [will be using Pruveeo F5 Dash Cam with WiFi, Discreet Design] and tinting of the rear windows [stupid NYC !!] are to do as soon as I get the car.
I was thinking of installing Carbon/Alcantara Trim within a couple of months [got quoted at around $500 for lower panel, automatic gear shifter, shifter cover and hand-brake lever - already have the main trim kit itself [7pcs]

As for the first long trim - targeting Boston in two weeks and Canada in February '18

Last edited by Digital_83; 12-13-2017 at 12:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2017, 12:06 PM   #50
Digital_83
OO=[][]=OO
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailec View Post
Wish I had the money for a new car like you guys. More specifically enough for a ED F80. I would really like a brand new M3 and unfortunately 2018 is the final production year for the F80. Here's hoping the G series M3 will be the one I can afford and I'll love as much as the F80!

Oh wow, I didn't know '18 would be the final year for F80. You are absolutely right, the F80's design is just phenomenal. Absolutely love that car. Look at the bright side - ours are mid-gen LCIs, soon enough and you you'll be in that brand-newest "G-M3"
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2017, 12:49 PM   #51
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Oh wow, I didn't know '18 would be the final year for F80. You are absolutely right, the F80's design is just phenomenal. Absolutely love that car. Look at the bright side - ours are mid-gen LCIs, soon enough and you you'll be in that brand-newest "G-M3"
I dunno, don't like the look of the G series so far, so will have to hope for a fully loaded F80 CPO in the future!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2017, 07:05 PM   #52
Canadian eh!
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Not only by the ocean, but they would also rail-road yours to top it off ?? Dang, what a venture ))

http://www.bmwblog.com/2014/10/21/ma...bmw-m3-munich/

Well, I guess our deliveries will go "alright" at the best compared to ^^ ... oh well )
hahahah ))))

Anyhow, just got a word from my dealer - as of this morning VDC was done installing all port-installed accessories and the car should be arriving at the shop tomorrow. I guess Friday pickup for me too
And there comes the weekend to photo-report

p.s. Guys, what are your thoughts/desires with your new "babies", any specific travel plans, mods that you'll be doing right after you get yours ?

I purchased a couple of small accessories [BMW Slimline license plate frame [82122456418], BMW Natural Air Starter Kit [83122285673] with additional refills, phone holder "Kinu Airframe", HG100B Fire Extinguisher [w/liquid agent].
Dashcam with hard wiring kit [will be using Pruveeo F5 Dash Cam with WiFi, Discreet Design] and tinting of the rear windows [stupid NYC !!] are to do as soon as I get the car.
I was thinking of installing Carbon/Alcantara Trim within a couple of months [got quoted at around $500 for lower panel, automatic gear shifter, shifter cover and hand-brake lever - already have the main trim kit itself [7pcs]

As for the first long trim - targeting Boston in two weeks and Canada in February '18

It seems that we Canadians get them by sea and by rail and then by truck! Makes for a long process of everything before the car actually arrives!

The only toys I have got so far are a wireless charging iPhone 6s case to work with the wireless charger in the armrest and a set of Pirelli sottozero snow tires on 18x8 Rial rims. I might add a cargo mat or fitted carpet for the trunk if I can find a nice one.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2017, 07:09 PM   #53
Canadian eh!
Second Lieutenant
Rep

My car is sitting here in Halifax waiting for what I hope is a quick loading onto a train and onwards to Toronto soon!
Name:  ED0E8118-F82C-4CB2-AC5D-F7BB5F883D97.jpeg
Views: 260
Size:  268.9 KB
Lost two days at sea due to weather, so hoping the train can make up some lost time for me!

Last edited by Canadian eh!; 12-13-2017 at 07:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2017, 07:18 PM   #54
Canadian eh!
Second Lieutenant
Rep

MR 440 xdrive
Cognac
Mppsk

Great looking build XLover ! Can’t wait to see the pictures! Good luck with your delivery!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 11:59 AM   #55
Digital_83
OO=[][]=OO
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It seems that we Canadians get them by sea and by rail and then by truck! Makes for a long process of everything before the car actually arrives!

The only toys I have got so far are a wireless charging iPhone 6s case to work with the wireless charger in the armrest and a set of Pirelli sottozero snow tires on 18x8 Rial rims. I might add a cargo mat or fitted carpet for the trunk if I can find a nice one.
Oh nice !!
Have you tried "WeatherTech" ?
http://www.weathertech.com/bmw/2018/...le/gran-coupe/

Mine should be at the dealer's later today .. if everything goes well - will be picking it up tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 12:02 PM   #56
Digital_83
OO=[][]=OO
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailec View Post
I dunno, don't like the look of the G series so far, so will have to hope for a fully loaded F80 CPO in the future!
I've only seen camouflaged pics/vids of it , so really have no clue what it would look like ... Definitely curious to see one "stripped" !!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2017, 09:12 AM   #57
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I've only seen camouflaged pics/vids of it , so really have no clue what it would look like ... Definitely curious to see one "stripped" !!
Well based on the lights that I can see and the G90 M5, I'm not sure I like where the design is headed. But we'll see.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2017, 03:48 PM   #58
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
MR 440 xdrive
Cognac
Mppsk

Great looking build XLover ! Can’t wait to see the pictures! Good luck with your delivery!
Not my best camera work but finally got it home
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-15-2017, 04:48 PM   #59
davefromfla
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M440ix

Looks great! Have the same ordered, except BSM/black interior. Love the wheels. Supposed to be here mid-January.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2017, 08:08 PM   #60
Canadian eh!
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Not my best camera work but finally got it home
Congrats XLover, that is one sweet looking ride!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2017, 07:13 PM   #61
Digital_83
OO=[][]=OO
United_States
Rep

Quote:

It is everything I wanted it to be ...
I’m beyond happy right now ... absolutely worth the wait

The break-in period begins ..

P.S. I will post some better up-close pics, as I think mine contains some parts that not many would see in the majority of configurations (trim related).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-16-2017, 10:52 PM   #62
Canadian eh!
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

It is everything I wanted it to be ...
I’m beyond happy right now ... absolutely worth the wait

The break-in period begins ..

P.S. I will post some better up-close pics, as I think mine contains some parts that not many would see in the majority of configurations (trim related).
Looking forward to seeing the details! Congrats on your delivery. Mine has been pushed to the 29th at the earliest!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2017, 11:48 AM   #63
Digital_83
OO=[][]=OO
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Looking forward to seeing the details! Congrats on your delivery. Mine has been pushed to the 29th at the earliest!
Was away for a few days ... sorry for "no-show" on the pics, yet ... waiting for the right-side trim piece to arrive [VDC goofed it up and didn't change right air vent when the car arrived]. Also, ordered Alcantara/Carbon gear-shifter and er-brake lever separately to finish up my internal "look" and figured I would post those when everything arrives and I change it.
Shouldn't be long now

As for the car itself .. freaking WOW !! You will NOT be disappointed ... ain't going to spoil it in any way, but man I'm so damn happy I went with 4-series GC ... the best car I've owned [previous were '09 E90, '12 C-250 Coupe and '15 IS 250]. I consider keeping my car after the lease' end, so we will see how it plays out.

Oh, the Digital Cluster ... I was on a fence of making my decision and had some later buying remorse after the built went into production, but man I'm happy I did select this option.
Pictures/Videos don't do its justice. At all !! It looks SO MUCH better in person. Somehow it's more compact and smaller in real-life; vibrant enough colors and just great functionality across the options !

Now, the bad news ... I have some weird noise coming from the bottom of the car at the very low speeds of 5-10 mph ..pedals unpressed though ... Hard to explain what is it, sounds like some sort of friction [similar to brake-pads squealing sound], but it happens sporadically when the pedals are NOT being pressed on ... will post a video ... will take it to a dealer if still remains after the brake-in period; unless someone can tell me what that can be.

All in all, ULTRA happy with the car !

p.s. where is yours ? any ETA / Updates ?
Appreciate 2
      12-21-2017, 04:41 PM   #64
Canadian eh!
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Was away for a few days ... sorry for "no-show" on the pics, yet ... waiting for the right-side trim piece to arrive [VDC goofed it up and didn't change right air vent when the car arrived]. Also, ordered Alcantara/Carbon gear-shifter and er-brake lever separately to finish up my internal "look" and figured I would post those when everything arrives and I change it.
Shouldn't be long now

As for the car itself .. freaking WOW !! You will NOT be disappointed ... ain't going to spoil it in any way, but man I'm so damn happy I went with 4-series GC ... the best car I've owned [previous were '09 E90, '12 C-250 Coupe and '15 IS 250]. I consider keeping my car after the lease' end, so we will see how it plays out.

Oh, the Digital Cluster ... I was on a fence of making my decision and had some later buying remorse after the built went into production, but man I'm happy I did select this option.
Pictures/Videos don't do its justice. At all !! It looks SO MUCH better in person. Somehow it's more compact and smaller in real-life; vibrant enough colors and just great functionality across the options !

Now, the bad news ... I have some weird noise coming from the bottom of the car at the very low speeds of 5-10 mph ..pedals unpressed though ... Hard to explain what is it, sounds like some sort of friction [similar to brake-pads squealing sound], but it happens sporadically when the pedals are NOT being pressed on ... will post a video ... will take it to a dealer if still remains after the brake-in period; unless someone can tell me what that can be.

All in all, ULTRA happy with the car !

p.s. where is yours ? any ETA / Updates ?

Glad to hear you like your new ride! Sounds strange from a noise standpoint... could simply be a loose plastic trim piece vibrating , I had this happen on another car. My fingers are crossed for a quick resolution!

Ordered the digital cluster and it rocks , I saw it on the demo car I drove, it’s a must have in my mind!

Still waiting on mine with the holidays it looks like delivery on the 3rd of January. She is on the train from Halifax right now, riding the rails!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2018, 08:27 PM   #65
Canadian eh!
Second Lieutenant
Rep

After a lengthy train journey and a holiday vacation at the shipping yard the Hansen’s website finally indicates that they have picked it up for final trucking to the dealer. Hansen’s says arrival by the 4th, and the dealer tells me the 3rd! Which is tomorrow

So with all fingers and toes crossed, I have asked for delivery late Friday afternoon and I dropped off my winter wheels tonight for installation as part of delivery.

I have also arranged with Wes from Orion detailing to have the car polished and sealed with Opti Gloss coating next week. The dealer has strict instructions to not wash it and touch it as little as possible to minimize his work, but we shall see!

This is my last post in this thread, I will post some photos in a new thread next week with delivery shots and subsequent post detailing shots as well.

Thanks for following me on this journey!

All told delivery was about 9 weeks from day of order. So just about dead on expectations, despite my Christmas dreams!

Cheers!
Appreciate 0