F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Burger tuning (BMS) B58 JB4 Dyno and Review Thread UPDATE 3/7/16 - 453 WHP!!!

12-21-2017, 02:06 AM   #287
iMinLuv
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i M-Sport track pkg

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaungo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Jia View Post
If someone know what happened of downpipe with B58 and still advise people to get decat dp for some business reason, that would be immoral. I cant see any benefit we can get from a catless downpipe. Terry emphasized many times about disapproving of catless downpipe on B58 and there is no power gain actually. What you get is only noisy,smelly and terrible throttle closure issue.
The reason why you get a catless DP is because once you run high enough boost, you will actually melt the cat and clog it because of the heat generated, it's also restricting flow.

If you keep your stock DP, just make sure you do not upgrade your turbo or run a meth map.

For example, for Pure stage 2, if you upgrade your turbo at all, you are required to get a catless downpipe, PS2 runs HOT, I noticed a considerable difference in heat vs my stock turbo from the top of my engine bay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaungo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Jia View Post
If someone know what happened of downpipe with B58 and still advise people to get decat dp for some business reason, that would be immoral. I cant see any benefit we can get from a catless downpipe. Terry emphasized many times about disapproving of catless downpipe on B58 and there is no power gain actually. What you get is only noisy,smelly and terrible throttle closure issue.
The reason why you get a catless DP is because once you run high enough boost, you will actually melt the cat and clog it because of the heat generated, it's also restricting flow.

If you keep your stock DP, just make sure you do not upgrade your turbo or run a meth map.

For example, for Pure stage 2, if you upgrade your turbo at all, you are required to get a catless downpipe, PS2 runs HOT, I noticed a considerable difference in heat vs my stock turbo from the top of my engine bay.
This ^^^

With pure stage 1 and meth I destroyed the cat in the CG Precision 5" catted downpipe. Turned it from a honeycomb to a brick lol in 6k Miles.
      01-14-2018, 02:24 AM   #288
wheresmy5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
You can always get the JB4 and connect MAP and TMAP only and it will function as a stage 1
Is this confirmed? If so, seems like a good option for those not wanting to connect through firewall.

Also, are all the maps now available?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2018, 01:29 PM   #289
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2007 e92 335i / 2013 F30 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheresmy5 View Post
Is this confirmed? If so, seems like a good option for those not wanting to connect through firewall.

Also, are all the maps now available?
Yes this is confirmed.
If you only connect MAP and TMAP, it will 100% as the BMS JB Stage 1.
Meaning you only have access to map 1
Appreciate 0