F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > Car Freshener DIY with fragrance oils.
Extreme Powerhouse

05-28-2017, 06:33 PM   #1
constantin_md
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F15 X5 sDrive35i

Car Freshener DIY with fragrance oils.

Air Spencer CS-X3 at $8 is my favorite car freshener but a bit pricey and i wanted to try something different.

Found a $1.12 parfume diffuser, i bought both black and silver.
Special Flavor Car Air Freshener Auto Perfume Vehicle Truck Diffuser Fragrance | eBay

Glass Pipette $1
1Pcs Glass Pipette Pipet Medicine Laboratory Dropper Red Rubber Head Lab Supply | eBay

Fragrance oils $14.35 (4 x 1oz, $2.65 each+shipping)
I got Black Rasberry Vanilla , Bite Me, Butt Naked, NG Vanilla Sandalwood.
Best Fragrance Oils | Nature's Garden Fragrances

Cotton Balls $1 at dollar tree store

The diffuser has a removable insert, get some cotton, roll it tight and fit it in the removable insert, add like 5-6 drops of fragrance on one side and same on the other side then put the insert in the diffuser.
The diffuser itself looks a bit cheap, nothing like in the ebay pictures, i found the black one to look nicer.
Fragrance oil quality is top notch, the smell exceeded my expectations, it smells like a $100 parfume and nothing like any household or car fresheners.
The selection on the website is huge and i can assure assure you won't be disappointed with any of your choice.
The only cons i can think of is that smell won't last long, but a few drops on the back of the diffuser once or twice a week should keep the smell strong.
Maybe i'll find some denser material to insert instead of cotton so it can absorb more fragrance without dripping, but for now cotton will do

Edit: I found out that by getting 10oz of water in a household sprayer and adding 0.25oz(1/4 of the bottle) of the fragrance in it get's way better results if applied lightly on all the carpet in the car. (ceiling, mats and other places)
It lasted way over 1 month for me and the smell is still moderate. Don't forget to let it dry for ~30 minutes with windows open after you spray. The smell is so strong initially that it will get sensed a block away

Last edited by constantin_md; 07-05-2017 at 05:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2017, 10:36 AM   #2
Golo2016
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i Xdrive

Good deal man, thanks for sharing.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2017, 04:55 PM   #3
constantin_md
Second Lieutenant
United_States