F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Avin USA 10.25 android system install DIY
Extreme Power House

01-17-2018, 07:36 AM   #1431
Shouma
Enlisted Member
Egypt
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpiperx View Post
Hello

2013 BMW 3281 no combox no nav. 6.5" screen. Will this unit work on my wifes ride with the backup camera that can come with the unit? all we mainly want is nav and backup and to play some usb or music from our phones in bluetooth. let me know what I need ot order and have a wonderful day....M
It will work yes. You need to order the unit from avinusa with backup camera and gps reciever. You will just need first to check your connector type on the back if its CIC or NBT so they can send you the correct unit. In order to do this, you have to dismantle your screen and take a screenshot of the connector connected on your back of your screen. Contact Tommy at avinusa for more details.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2018, 08:14 AM   #1432
CookieInYaFace
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320d E91 2006 CCC Prof

Could somebody maybe help me?
My device stuck at the Bootscreen and I can't reset it. The Avin Support is not even answering me since weeks...
I've heard some of you got a tool from Tommy for reseting the firmware? Can you share it maybe with me?
I can't even get into the standard CCC Unit ...
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2018, 08:25 AM   #1433
Shouma
Enlisted Member
Egypt
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieInYaFace View Post
My device stuck at the Bootscreen and I can't reset it. The Avin Support is not even answering me since weeks...
I've heard some of you got a tool from Tommy for reseting the firmware? Can you share it maybe with me?
Did you try resetting it from the back using a toothpick or something to press on the back dot of the right side of the machine "reset"? It should restart the system.

Also try pushing both eject buttons (DVD and CD) and the volume knob (AKA the mute button) at the same time. Wait about 30 sec for the factory system to complete its reboot.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2018, 03:56 PM   #1434
Cenzoreg
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymon View Post
Raichean

Just discovered this. Check out your bluetooth via the android screen. While I am able to hook up the bluetooth on my iphone and Android 7 huawei phone. When u made calls to the connected phone, calls out or tries to play music via bluetooth connection, there is no voice/music from your car ! Screens shows coming out/incoming calls though.

While trial an error. I only managed to have the connected phone ring once via the car speakers( the old Nokia ringtone should sound off your car speaker if there is an incoming call) . thats the only once when there is voice coming from the car speaker. Subsequently. It does not ring again though screen shows there is an incoming call. I tried swapping around the phones but never to get it work again.

However the stock bmw headunit bluetooth is working fine. For info I attempted to unpair from the bmw bluetooth to see if it is some software conflict. Can't make it work too.
Hi there, Just wondering if anyone can help me I have a similiar scenario. I have installed a Avin Usa head unit. Everything is connected properly however I am not able to get sound. The only time I had sound is when I had an incoming call, i heard a nokia tone play once.

Apart from that no music, video etc has any sound. Very fustrating. What can be done.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2018, 04:25 PM   #1435
CookieInYaFace
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouma View Post
Did you try resetting it from the back using a toothpick or something to press on the back dot of the right side of the machine "reset"? It should restart the system.

Also try pushing both eject buttons (DVD and CD) and the volume knob (AKA the mute button) at the same time. Wait about 30 sec for the factory system to complete its reboot.
I've pressed the reset button more than once, but nothing is happening. The device is not booting up.
Im not sure how the hard reset of the CCC unit will solve this problem, because the CCC is working fine and I can hear radio. Just that the Avin Unit stuck
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2018, 04:35 PM   #1436
stlb5
Private
Rep
Drives: '14 M235i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenzoreg View Post
Hi there, Just wondering if anyone can help me I have a similiar scenario. I have installed a Avin Usa head unit. Everything is connected properly however I am not able to get sound. The only time I had sound is when I had an incoming call, i heard a nokia tone play once.

Apart from that no music, video etc has any sound. Very fustrating. What can be done.

Thank you.
Do you have the 3.5mm aux line plugged in and do you have Aux selected as the audio source in the BMW system?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2018, 04:57 PM   #1437
Cenzoreg
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlb5 View Post
Do you have the 3.5mm aux line plugged in and do you have Aux selected as the audio source in the BMW system?
Yes aux in and aux chosen on idrive. Seeing as i was able to hear nokia sound once on phone dial. Tells me connection isnt an issue i think??? What do you reckon?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2018, 05:09 PM   #1438
stlb5
Private
Rep
Drives: '14 M235i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenzoreg View Post
Yes aux in and aux chosen on idrive. Seeing as i was able to hear nokia sound once on phone dial. Tells me connection isnt an issue i think??? What do you reckon?
The only other trouble shooting I can think of is to plug a set of headphones into the Avin Aux out instead of the 3.5mm cord. If you still don't hear anything you can at least rule out a BMW side issue. Your problem would hopefully be in the settings somewhere and not a hardware issue.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2018, 05:18 PM   #1439
Cenzoreg
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlb5 View Post
The only other trouble shooting I can think of is to plug a set of headphones into the Avin Aux out instead of the 3.5mm cord. If you still don't hear anything you can at least rule out a BMW side issue. Your problem would hopefully be in the settings somewhere and not a hardware issue.
I will try, however my factory aux still works i can still listen to music on my idrive and aux so i dont think its bmw issue
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2018, 07:50 PM   #1440
raichean
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i

Quote:
Do you have a support case number? I emailed Avin today, and got an automated reply with a support case number. They are clearly getting and tracking emails.

If you don't, I would email them again asap and get help going for you.

** BMW DIY Guy **
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2018, 06:54 AM   #1441
CookieInYaFace
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichean View Post
Do you have a support case number? I emailed Avin today, and got an automated reply with a support case number. They are clearly getting and tracking emails.

If you don't, I would email them again asap and get help going for you.
I emailed them again and still nothing. Not even automated support case number.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2018, 12:19 PM   #1442
raichean
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i

Quote:
I tested just now, new email to support@avinusa.com and got an automated ticket generated in less than 30 seconds back.

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Your request (880283) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.
To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Make sure you are using the right email.

** BMW DIY Guy **
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2018, 03:26 PM   #1443
noelskii
Rep
Drives: 2007 X5 3.0 SI

Anyway to get incoming/outgoing calls via Original BT only? And have the music come in via Android BT?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 04:20 AM   #1444
akine
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmx X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by akine View Post
Hi to eveybody.

I am sorry for my english. It is very bad.
I have a problem with the device:
When I am listening the OEM radio I can not hear the GPS sounds. It ocurrs with Tomtom and Radardroid.
But if I use Sygic it runs perfectly!!!!!
I have searched in the setting of Tomtom and Radardroid, Arm settuings, etc... but I did not find anything.
Anybody can help me?
Thanks in advance.

Best regards from Spain!!!!
Any idea???
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 06:00 PM   #1445
Shouma
Enlisted Member
Egypt
Rep

Quote:
Make sure you email them at support@avinusa.com for the sdcard recovery method to restore the unit.
Appreciate 0