F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > New 330d and already problems!
proTUNING Freaks

03-31-2015, 03:42 PM   #1
HB14
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F31 330d 2015

Exclamation New 330d and already problems!

Evening,

Ive had my F31 330d for just over a week now and already my brakes have been squeaking for numerous days even after being cleaned. I also get a rolling sound when I pull away, as if something is rolling down the roof. Which to add, there isn't and hasn't been anything on it.
The dealer has already had a look at the car, however state there is no know fault and BMW UK are none the wiser. They have asked for it back and while its back the Williams ceramic coating needs to be reapplied as somehow I've managed to polish it off!

I had a lot of issues with my 520d which resulted in a rejection case. My fears are that so early on I need to consider my early options. OR am I just overreacting?

Would welcome any advise as this has really made me doubt another BMW product.

Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 03:49 PM   #2
73henny
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: a lovely new G20 320dx

Sounds odd.
Where is the rolling sound coming from? The roof?
Williams coating - didn't think you were supposed to polish it? Depending on what polish you used, it'll probably have had some cutting effect so instead of cutting the top layer of paint you've cut the coating instead.

Gone; F30 335dx, F30 330dx, F21 LCI 125d, F48 X1 20dx, F10 520d
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 03:55 PM   #3
Cecil330d
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d MSport

I don't know if this will help but gave a mate a lift a few weeks back and for days after had the sound of something sliding around in the car. eventually traced it to a coin that had fallen out his pocket and down the back of the seat and found its way into the heater vent underneath the seat. drove me mad for days.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 04:10 PM   #4
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

When you had the coating applied initially, did they apply anything to your alloys? Sealant ?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 04:45 PM   #5
HB14
Enlisted Member
Rep

Interesting comments. I'm so particular about the car I've not had change in it. However nothing to say BMW haven't. The sound is as if you've left something on the roof. E..g thermo flask and as you pull away it rolls down the back of the car. Very strange as I can't make it do it either.

In reference to Williams I was told I could polish it with products they gave me. Brigand - no they didn't. They said wheels and windows are not protected. Neither is inside! So glad I didn't pay for it.

Any ideas on brakes? I'm more annoyed about driving round a brand new car with squeaking brakes.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 04:52 PM   #6
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

I once managed to get alloy wheel sealant spray on my disks, what a nausea that was...

However, if they did not touch the wheels.

Hopefully they find something causing the noise.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 04:53 PM   #7
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Someone else on here had brake squeal ataround 7k miles so BMW replaced his front & rear discs and pads as they were apparently a faulty batch. I have brake squeal but BMW won't do anything about it, so i've bought some "crc disc brake quiet" which i'm waiting for some decent weather to apply. Many good mechanics swear by it to eliminate and prevent brake squeal, so probably your best bet as it's cheap and easy to apply:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CRC-Disc-B...item339b24b909
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 05:08 PM   #8
snipnoob86
Major
Rep
Drives: 335D Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB14
Interesting comments. I'm so particular about the car I've not had change in it. However nothing to say BMW haven't. The sound is as if you've left something on the roof. E..g thermo flask and as you pull away it rolls down the back of the car. Very strange as I can't make it do it either.

In reference to Williams I was told I could polish it with products they gave me. Brigand - no they didn't. They said wheels and windows are not protected. Neither is inside! So glad I didn't pay for it.

Any ideas on brakes? I'm more annoyed about driving round a brand new car with squeaking brakes.
give them a bedding in session, take it to a quiet motorway and get some speed up and brake gently for a good distance do this for 10 or more miles then take it somewherw quiet and do some harsh braking. i totally understand this might sound daft but squeel is very common on new discs and pads regardless or quality or make fact is the pads have to mould themselves flush to the disc otherwise you get one side touching very slighty early/late and this produces squeel/creak.

just a suggestion if you still having problems afterwards go dealer and show your angry face

im sure the above posts will help you. bit i fail to see reason in aftermarket products to fix a problem which should not be there
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 05:17 PM   #9
HB14
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thank you for the comments. Not really thought about aftermarket parts as the dealer should be sorting it. However if they don't I'll get some.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 06:20 PM   #10
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipnoob86 View Post
give them a bedding in session, take it to a quiet motorway and get some speed up and brake gently for a good distance do this for 10 or more miles then take it somewherw quiet and do some harsh braking. i totally understand this might sound daft but squeel is very common on new discs and pads regardless or quality or make fact is the pads have to mould themselves flush to the disc otherwise you get one side touching very slighty early/late and this produces squeel/creak.

just a suggestion if you still having problems afterwards go dealer and show your angry face

im sure the above posts will help you. bit i fail to see reason in aftermarket products to fix a problem which should not be there
The hard brake bed in does work, but only for a while i found, it is not a permanent cure by any means.
Appreciate 0